Where is it?

I go into the store this week and nothing. Back to school should be big for BlackBerry. It's too bad they have such a poor marketing dept.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 12:33 PM
    Pick and choose battles. BlackBerry is more for work. Not for status ranking in school. I phones are cool

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 12:37 PM
    Pick and choose battles. BlackBerry is more for work. Not for status ranking in school. I phones are cool

Posted via CB10
    Money is money and this is a missed opportunity. Honestly I don't think it matters if BlackBerry becomes the hipster phone or the religious fanatics phone of choice, if they sell they sell.
    08-18-13 12:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hey, the only Z10's I've seen in the wild were at the hands of teens. In school. I'm 18 myself. Just graduated from high school I think it'd be a good marketing strategy.

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    08-18-13 12:41 PM
    I personally think it is a lost opportunity. A lot of high school kids heading to college could upgrade or get a BlackBerry instead of an iphone or Android. It's not about cool, it's about get it done at college.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 01:18 PM
    I agree. BlackBerry marketing is really bad here in the US. Imagine having such a great phone and not being able to promote it. I'm sure apple or DROID will have some of the great features my z10 has soon and it's gonna be the greatest thing since sliced ham.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 01:55 PM
    I personally think it is a lost opportunity. A lot of high school kids heading to college could upgrade or get a BlackBerry instead of an iphone or Android. It's not about cool, it's about get it done at college.

Posted via CB10
    I agree 100%.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 01:57 PM
    Agreed I am 20 and love the device. Any opportunity is a good one right now.
    08-18-13 02:15 PM
    Two big buy times for phones is back to school and Christmas. Got to create some buzz with ads, have a trade in / rebate promo or even a contest. Something, anything!

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 03:53 PM
    I don't think the z10 has the apps that teens want. Other than BBM I don't think too many kids would like the features of the z10 over iPhone or Galaxy etc....
    08-18-13 10:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    So college students need BlackBerrys in order to get it done at college?
    Will check how many I see in the next two weeks as we head off with our young uns to college.

One has an SGS 3 and one has an iPhone. They used to have BlackBerrys, but they will somehow have to get it done with the phones they chose.
    08-18-13 10:10 PM
    I'm 20, tomorrow is the first day of my senior year of college. I'm in the US and love my Z10. However the truth is that unless you are a VIP, Business person, Govt official or someone along those lines who needs unbelievable communication abilities BB10 doesn't standout to the average college student.

Most I know have iPhones, a couple Galaxys and Nexus phones. All of them get things done equally as well as I do.

Do I get emails faster? Yes.
    Can I multi task and use my phone to get things done faster? Yes.

But the difference between what I can do and what they can do is so insignificant in our daily lives (besides registering for classes, that's a real life Hunger Games) that there is no reason for the back to school crowd to go with BB10 and not be able to use many of the popular apps which are key the makeup of my generations smartphone experience.

For example, for the longest time I didn't have a Snapchat, but now I do simply because a lot of my friends have been wanting to Snapchat me for a while. I don't mind side loading but it's naive and ignorant to think the general consumer would be willing to go through that much trouble to get an app when (with another phone) they can just hit install and it's automatically done and ready to use.
    08-18-13 10:32 PM
    I'm 20, tomorrow is the first day of my senior year of college. I'm in the US and love my Z10. However the truth is that unless you are a VIP, Business person, Govt official or someone along those lines who needs unbelievable communication abilities BB10 doesn't standout to the average college student.

Most I know have iPhones, a couple Galaxys and Nexus phones. All of them get things done equally as well as I do.

Do I get emails faster? Yes.
    Can I multi task and use my phone to get things done faster? Yes.

But the difference between what I can do and what they can do is so insignificant in our daily lives (besides registering for classes, that's a real life Hunger Games) that there is no reason for the back to school crowd to go with BB10 and not be able to use many of the popular apps which are key the makeup of my generations smartphone experience.

For example, for the longest time I didn't have a Snapchat, but now I do simply because a lot of my friends have been wanting to Snapchat me for a while. I don't mind side loading but it's naive and ignorant to think the general consumer would be willing to go through that much trouble to get an app when (with another phone) they can just hit install and it's automatically done and ready to use.
    True other devices have much better apps. But a back to school promo might just give the extra incentive needed to go for a BlackBerry. Maybe if it's considerably cheaper than, say an iPhone, people would go for it.

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    08-18-13 10:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, I'm new to BB and want to know what makes the Blackberry a work and business phone?
    08-18-13 11:18 PM
    Yep BlackBerry should be doing back to school deals, but they rather let competitors do this so not to make anybody upset in stealing money from competition.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 12:01 AM