Hi all, just fed up of bb10 OS making duplicate contacts. Please blackberry forgive your customers from this pain..

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 11:29 AM
    Totally agree.
    07-11-14 11:43 AM
    Hate BlackBerry for this.. nd the battery life too

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 12:33 PM
    It's a pain in the ***. I've reported many time imagine what solution gave me a guy from here: to delete all double, triple contacts, after that I will see what happens. So even considering I have 1600 unique contacts , I've deleted ( in a few days, letter by letter) all the doubled and sometimes tripled contacts. Now it's all ok but didn't sync with any thing from then. I'll stay still.....its the first time in my smartphone life did this. hope BlackBerry will see this.

Proudly Z10 owner
    07-11-14 01:48 PM
    Fingers crossed. Even I have to the same thing of deleting the duplicates, but it keeps on coming back.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 02:03 PM
    I had this problem too with older O.S. releases. For me, the problem was with the Micro SIM card's inability to properly store contact data. I painfully deleted all duplicated and triplicated contacts and created a pristine contact list and then loaded same on the cloud service provided by my carrier, AT&T know as the AT&T Address Book. Then I deleted all contacts from the SIM card in the phone, opened the Contacts app, went into Contacts and swiped down from the top to get to the settings button and opened settings for Contacts. From there you can turn off SIM contacts, which is what I did. Following that, I opened access to the AT&T Address Book in my home computer and verified that all was perfect, including photos, addresses, phone numbers, etc. Then I synced my phone with the AT&T Address Book and made sure that non-BBM contacts were stored in two places on the phone, and only two places, to-wit: in the AT&T Address Book and in the local contacts folder of the phone's primary memory. The latter cannot be seen or accessed by hooking your phone to your computer. The former can. BBM contacts will be stored by the phone in two BBM-specific lists and it is o.k. to let the phone handle this. It will not cause problems.

If you are not an AT&T customer and, therefore, do not have access to the AT&T Address book, use another cloud-based service such as the one provided by Outlook. If you do what I suggest, all should run fine. My contact list is perfect, and stays that way. Again, do not forget to turn off the SIM card contacts feature and delete your contacts from it. It will, otherwise cause the duplication and triplication problem that you are experiencing, and the SIM card seems to do this because it cannot keep all contact information correctly. It cannot store photos. It often rewrites work numbers as home numbers, or vice-versa, etc. Once it makes a change to the info and the phone is rebooted the contacts are duplicated or triplicated by the phone.
    I hope this helps. It took me hours of fiddling to find all of this out. Changing the O.S., in my opinion, will likely never solve this problem.
    Try my suggestion and see if it works for you.
    CMcRob likes this.
    07-11-14 02:28 PM
    When creating a contact, you select where to save it, if you select all the places it's gonna duplicate the contact to a the selected places.

When will the bb10 OS stop making duplicate contacts?-img_20140711_213445.png

Posted via my Zee Zed 30
    07-11-14 02:35 PM
    Yeah what he said just use one location to store contacts such as Google, AIM etc....

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 03:44 PM
    I had this problem too with older O.S. releases. For me, the problem was with the Micro SIM card's inability to properly store contact data. I painfully deleted all duplicated and triplicated contacts and created a pristine contact list and then loaded same on the cloud service provided by my carrier, AT&T know as the AT&T Address Book. Then I deleted all contacts from the SIM card in the phone, opened the Contacts app, went into Contacts and swiped down from the top to get to the settings button and opened settings for Contacts. From there you can turn off SIM contacts, which is what I did. Following that, I opened access to the AT&T Address Book in my home computer and verified that all was perfect, including photos, addresses, phone numbers, etc. Then I synced my phone with the AT&T Address Book and made sure that non-BBM contacts were stored in two places on the phone, and only two places, to-wit: in the AT&T Address Book and in the local contacts folder of the phone's primary memory. The latter cannot be seen or accessed by hooking your phone to your computer. The former can. BBM contacts will be stored by the phone in two BBM-specific lists and it is o.k. to let the phone handle this. It will not cause problems.

If you are not an AT&T customer and, therefore, do not have access to the AT&T Address book, use another cloud-based service such as the one provided by Outlook. If you do what I suggest, all should run fine. My contact list is perfect, and stays that way. Again, do not forget to turn off the SIM card contacts feature and delete your contacts from it. It will, otherwise cause the duplication and triplication problem that you are experiencing, and the SIM card seems to do this because it cannot keep all contact information correctly. It cannot store photos. It often rewrites work numbers as home numbers, or vice-versa, etc. Once it makes a change to the info and the phone is rebooted the contacts are duplicated or triplicated by the phone.
    I hope this helps. It took me hours of fiddling to find all of this out. Changing the O.S., in my opinion, will likely never solve this problem.
    Try my suggestion and see if it works for you.
    Exactly! This is what I did, and I have a had success for several months now.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10; Missouri, USA
    07-11-14 09:20 PM
    Great. Coz I always save the contacts on Gmail and local contacts. Deleting the duplicates and will try to save the contacts to Gmail only.. thanks for the help.. Appreciate it

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 11:51 PM