Hah, was just about to make a thread like this. Z10 needs an upgrade. Better camera, better screen, and better cpu. Better battery life would be great. In fact I'd rather they go for a less powerful power friendly cpu that's still an upgrade than for the meanest baddest octo core in the world. This phone is underpowered but only very very slightly and software updates may be able to make up for it.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 01:35 PM
    Well I hope BB does something soon. I've purchased 4 Z10's from Bell Canada and one screen cracked (bought it for a friend). She couldn't get a replacement anywhere in the Edmonton, Alberta area. I called Bell and they still list it on their website but confirm that there is no stock they can see - told me I'd have to call individual stores. That's exactly what I did and there is exactly zero stock of Blackberry OS 10 devices anywhere. None at Bestbuy, none at Futureshop, none at London Drugs, none at The Source, none at Bell Canada.

If BB doesn't get their **** in gear on the carrier side, it won't matter if they come up with a phone that cures cancer. No one will buy what they can't get their hands on.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-28-14 04:31 PM
    Why don't you just buy an Android device that already has these features plus native apps that work better?
    Because he probably wants a BlackBerry...
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    03-29-14 12:04 PM
    Z10 buyers are exactly like the PlayBook buyers. Bought a brand new device for the highest price just to come to the conclusion that it wasn't a Flagship after all.

I still love it though. Couldn't wait for the Q or the Z30! Let's just hope the Z11 is still in the pipeline somewhere. It could be a great phone.
    Not after that announcement from JC
    I personally have not much faith with BlackBerry they are not making any headway considering they do have one of the best mobile OS.

There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
    03-29-14 03:21 PM
    Maybe it is just me, but I am quite happy with my z10, don't see the need to release new phones every 10 seconds and are happy that Blackberry are focusing more on software improvements.

The reality is that smartphones are a bit too much throwaway and manufacturers are ditching them pretty much as soon as released, which means bugs and issues are being ignored.

I've had my z10 for over a year and it's as fast as it was the day I bought it. No reason to change it.

Posted via CB10
    backfire101 likes this.
    03-29-14 05:16 PM
    The camera on the iPhone 5c and 5s is lightyears ahead of whats on the z10.
    The camera in the iPhone is a dreadful pile of junk. If photography mattered to you you'd have a Lumia 1020, *that* is light years ahead... the iPhone is certainly not that good.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 05:37 PM
    The camera on the iPhone 5c and 5s is lightyears ahead of whats on the z10. I suffered with the z10 for a year.....never again will i compromise just to give BB another chance.
    Perhaps you missed this gem of an article put forth by none other than those iPhone lovers at CNET.

http://www.cnet.com/news/blackberry-...ung-galaxy-s3/

Z10 took most of the camera categories in real life shoots.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 06:44 PM
    I've had my z10 for over a year and it's as fast as it was the day I bought it. No reason to change it.

Posted via CB10
    It's crazy how fast it still is after all the abuse. My only gripe with the device itself is the battery. A decent upgrade on that front would be nice. I wonder if my phone is still this fast because of the fact it shuts down on me at least once a day?
    03-29-14 06:54 PM
    The dreaded "your device is below 10%" warning...

That's when I start praying to the battery gods. If I'm on CB10 or Reddit , I have less then 10 minutes and I get anxiety. I wonder if battery anxiety is covered under the return policy so I can get a Z30

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    03-30-14 10:23 PM
    My "desiderata" for a Z10 substitute are:
    - better battery life
    - same screen in a smaller phone (i.e reduce the frame encircling the screen)
    - miracast compatibility
    - remain the removable battery and external SD

Alfredo

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-31-14 09:52 AM
    The Z30 replaces the Z10 temporarily until the Z50 comes out in Q3 2014. The Z30 is an awesome phone and replaces the Z10 easily right now until the Z50 comes out

John Chen said this in Interview(s). He said BBRY will not make the same Marketing mistake as previous years.

The Z50 will be the device to attract new customers. It's rumored to be 64-Bit Octa-Core. 4GB memory, 32GB HD, 1080p Super AMOLED display @ 5.2" with high ppi. 13 megapixel camera, 3000mah battery, running 10.3.

BlackBerry is aiming to have this released by Q3 of 2014. This is going to be a beast of a smartphone! This phone is going to turn heads.

Posted by my awesome Z10
    Then this would be a replacement for the Z30. What I would like to see is a phone in the same size as the Z10. If they want to increase the screen so that is edge to edge, fine, but keep the overall size of the phone the same. Upgrade the processor, ram, storage and battery. But the size is what matters to me, the Z30 is too big.

Why don't you just buy an Android device that already has these features plus native apps that work better?
    Probably like me, doesn't want an Android device, want a Blackberry.
    03-31-14 10:29 AM
    Not after that announcement from JC
    I personally have not much faith with BlackBerry they are not making any headway considering they do have one of the best mobile OS.

There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
    Well, if there's no Z10 upgrade it'll be the first device I've used for more than a year. It already is actually as of yesterday.
    03-31-14 05:33 PM
    I like the Z10 form factor and design. Just look at the awards it has received. It'd be great if they can have a successor with updated hardware that is not a 5 inch phone. During interviews BlackBerry stressed the Z10's size and I find that it works for me. I find that 5 inch phones just don't fit as well to use one handed.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-31-14 06:31 PM
    I agree. The size is just so good. I don't want a Z30 because of the non replaceable battery and the fact that it's just too big. The texture of the back is also just awesome. So many good things about the phone. There are reasons I bought it over the competition, one of which is its size.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 12:49 AM
39 12