Hey guys, new to this Forum, and as of May of last year have been a Blackberry owner with my White Z10 ever since, and wanted to say Ive used Android, Windows phone and iPhone and this is the BEST phone I have ever owned. Mainly because I am not the kind of person who uses a phone to play games or goof off, I actually like to get things done and this was the only phone that had what I NEEDED, without all of the useless garbage the other phones came with.

And this is the best touch screen virtual keyboard I have ever used, hands down its the best out there, and I am USELESS at typing on touch screens and the auto correct learn as you go feature is the BEST BEST BEST!!

But I have been learning and finding out this battery isnt very good, and I am realizing all of you agree, I am also jealous and wished I had gotten a Z30, but its fine I love the size of this phone, plus using an Acase superleggera double layer silicone case just makes it feel amazing in hand and protects it the best I think.

So MY QUESTION IS..... (drum roll please) How often should the LS1 battery be replaced? Or what is the lifespan of this battery? I have noticed the last couple of months the battery usage has been getting worse, I mean truthfully what I do every day is more web page searching and texting and emailing and sometimes phone calling, and from lets say 9am to 1pm my battery is down to 35% left.

So i carry around a portable battery charger and that thing is like a life saver.

So should I replace my battery, like is it getting to the point most of its life is being used?

Looking for advice too on this phone....

Oh and I wanted to mention, I'm addicted to Blackberry, I GET IT! I SEE THE LIGHT! I'm now one of those people! But funny thing I will say I meet alot of people who used to use Blackberry and the things they love are what I love and their current phones just dont come close to the productivity the blackberries of old do, so I shared with a friend who used to have a bold 9900 who now has an droid phone about the upcoming Classic and the look in his eyes were like "REALLY.....I AM IN TEARS"

Wanted to share that, looking for suggestions thanks guys!
    01-22-15 12:36 AM
    Degradation of batteries is not linear and is a case-to-case basis but as a Wikipedia entry says, "The rate of degradation of lithium-ion batteries is strongly temperature-dependent; they degrade much faster if stored or used at higher temperatures." I would suggest changing the battery every year esp. if you're using it everyday, after all batteries are very cheap and on the case of the Z10, very easy to replace.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    01-22-15 12:59 AM
    Yeah thats a good point, my other question is this, I have heard (I could be wrong) that sometimes LS1 batterys can be faked, what is the best websites and companies to buy the LS1 battery with the quickest and most reliable shipping for the best prices?
    01-22-15 01:03 AM
    BlackBerry should make a buy back offer for Z10 users....after all this device is going to be waste in 2-3 yrs...
    irritated from mine Z10's battery also....and same goes for most of Z10 user's

BlackBerry Z10STL-100-1

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 02:59 AM
    Been using my Z10 since 22 months, still using the battery that came with the phone. I get a minimum of 12 hours from it even now. Unless I have to go to the basement in my University where there's barely any coverage and the phone constantly keeps dropping and picking-up the network, which kills the battery.

Sure, I've had some problems with the battery. But, re-calibration fixed it every time.

I always keep the battery charged and rarely has it gone below 25%.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 03:43 AM
    BlackBerry should make a buy back offer for Z10 users....after all this device is going to be waste in 2-3 yrs...
    irritated from mine Z10's battery also....and same goes for most of Z10 user's

BlackBerry Z10STL-100-1

Posted via CB10
    I've been more than impressed with my Z10, to the point that my contract has just been renewed and I could have chosen to have a new phone, but decided I'm happy with the Z10 so took a "sim only" deal of unlimited calls, unlimited texts and 3GB of 4G data with tethering enabled for �20 per month. Which is saving me �18 per month, so a nice little annual saving of �216.
    01-22-15 04:16 AM
    Yeah thats a good point, my other question is this, I have heard (I could be wrong) that sometimes LS1 batterys can be faked, what is the best websites and companies to buy the LS1 battery with the quickest and most reliable shipping for the best prices?
    First of all don't get too easy into this battery changing game. I haven't seen any evidence of LS1 deterioration over such a short period of time that you have it.
    I have mine nearly 2 years with original battery and have no issue or degradation noticed.
    Saying that those batteries are so cheap that having one as a backup is no brainer. It won't make things much better for you in terms of battery life.
    Look into your usage patterns, signal strength, settings etc.. for reasons of your poor battery life.
    01-22-15 04:28 AM
    I have had my Z10 since March 2013 (AT&T launch) and my original battery is still running very close to the range it had as new. I don't know if you have one or not but I would suggest picking up a battery charger bundle for the Z10. It comes with a second battery, it's compact- not much bigger than the battery itself, and also has a built in cable so it can be charged in line to charge both the bundle and the phone at the same time. So handy to pop in a pocket and definitely worth it for the convenience.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=UKJv5H1c

Proud BB10 user. The best kept secret in mobile ;-)
    01-22-15 04:48 AM
    Just so you guys know, the LS1's normal operating temperature is 95 degrees Fahrenheit or 35 degrees Celcius. On some parts of the world like Africa or South Asia, weather temperatures can range from 80 to 98 degrees Fahrenheit or higher. Just a normal Facebook browsing would make your battery temperature about 111 degrees Fahrenheit, way beyond the normal temperature range. In this cases, the battery tends to degrade much faster than it used to be.
    01-22-15 05:10 AM
    I am not happy with with my battery life at all. It's terrible for me. Even when I am not using it so I would suggest replacing the battery every year or at least get one as back up after a year

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 05:59 AM
    It could also be normal for your usage pattern. Anything that uses the screen and network will drain the battery significantly. The Z10 battery can offer about 3 hours of heavy use so compare this with how long you have the screen / network active.

With the removable battery, you might just need a second battery to keep up with your usage.

I, too, notice significant drain after a Web browsing, emailing session but virtually no drain when idle. Time files when you're busy e.g for 15 minutes browsing + emailing (no network music) I use up 5% so doing this constantly would drain my battery in 5 hours.
    01-22-15 07:20 AM
    As follow on to the suggestion of BionicKris - you can purchase a charging bundle (which as he stated includes a spare battery) on Amazon for around $12-15.

I actually have 2 spare batteries - that way, I can rotate usage to further prolong their useable lifespan.

You can get a charging bundle AND a third spare battery on Amazon for around $25.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 09:40 AM