(new Z10, use YHOO, iCloud, Mac Mail, OSX on Mac).

When I choose recipients for an email, say Mike@yahoo, I type "Mike" and I'll see two options, "Mike@yahoo" and "Mike@slavefactory" and yet I cannot find it anywhere to delete it. It is not on the device nor in Yahoo, iCloud, Mac contacts, etc. I have pulled the battery multiple times. It will not go away.

Now, the only reason I care about this is that pesky @slavefactory address was my old email address from my former employer. I'd rather not have it pop up as an option every time I send an email to a recipient with a similar name!

Great resource here. I've learned a lot -- more than I ever wanted to -- from searching. But I am a decade-long user, just went from what was a bold I think, to my first touch screen. Big big learning curve.

Thanks.

UPDATE: still not resolved. I cannot find that address anywhere, deleted the one email where I found it on an address field, pulled the battery many times, no love at all.
    Last edited by WTFAztec; 01-12-14 at 04:12 PM. Reason: fixed edits by moderator
    01-12-14 01:46 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! I have removed addresses you posted, may it be fictitious or not it is not a good idea.

To your question, in your contacts app, when you swipe down from top, in options, did you tick that box saying find other online info about your contacts or something like that?
    01-12-14 01:59 AM
    I didn't know about that one, checked, and no -- it is unchecked.
    01-12-14 02:07 AM
    I had a similar problem - it seems to remember past contacts even after being deleted or something along those lines - and I think I ended up having to wipe it. I may also have had to NOT restore my settings. Can't remember exactly but I remember it being a fairly major flaw/annoyance.
    01-12-14 02:09 AM
    I had a similar problem - it seems to remember past contacts even after being deleted or something along those lines - and I think I ended up having to wipe it. I may also have had to NOT restore my settings. Can't remember exactly but I remember it being a fairly major flaw/annoyance.
    Not a flaw as the contact is stored some place. Perfect example, I updated a Z10 and added a work email to it. All work email contacts came down to go Z because they are stored in the email account.

To fix, simple clean ALL contact lists so the phone does not pull them.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 02:26 AM
    Not a flaw as the contact is stored some place.
    A flaw because you cannot access the hidden list/clear it. In my case no contacts were synced with any account - I think that's what you are suggesting? Mine was an SMS contact that was always given as one of two suggested contacts when composing a text message. I had previously texted them but the suggested contact was still showing up weeks after I had deleted them and not texted them since.

The OP's issue may well be a synced account contact, but you quoted me and mine wasn't.
    01-12-14 03:05 AM
    The suggested contacts are also taken from messages that have one of the addressees you have added.

So if Alice is sending a message to Bob, and Bob previously sent a message to Alice and Charlie, Charlie will be on the suggestion list. If Alice doesn't like seeing Charlie on the list, she should press the X on the suggestion.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 08:30 AM
    A flaw because you cannot access the hidden list/clear it. In my case no contacts were synced with any account - I think that's what you are suggesting? Mine was an SMS contact that was always given as one of two suggested contacts when composing a text message. I had previously texted them but the suggested contact was still showing up weeks after I had deleted them and not texted them since.

The OP's issue may well be a synced account contact, but you quoted me and mine wasn't.
    Suggested contacts are being pulled on email address you recently interacted with (I'm not sure how "recently", maybe if you sent an email to that address it can be suggested).

For me, it's not a flaw since this is a feature of an email itself. Try it using a computer and the addresses you sent an email can still be suggested on your browser even if you didn't added them as a contact.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    01-12-14 09:59 AM
    I recall another thread on the same subject. I would consider it a flaw (if not a bug) that such names show up when composing. If nothing else, there should be a way to eliminate them. Sometimes computers are too darn helpful and only get in the way!

Richard Buckley is right - it probably is or WAS in an email header. I don't know if you find the original message where the name appears and deleting it from the mail-cache would also blow it away from some other memory storage location.
    01-12-14 10:22 AM

Richard Buckley is right - it probably is or WAS in an email header. I don't know if you find the original message where the name appears and deleting it from the mail-cache would also blow it away from some other memory storage location.
    My experience may help. When entering my brother's address I made a mistake. When emailing my mother and him, of course it wasn't delivered to him. I fixed the contact entry, but the Z10 kept suggesting the bad address. I delete the messages with the bad address and it was no longer suggested.

I understand that some people find it annoying to have addresses that aren't in the contacts suggested, but when you get a lot of messages that are also sent to people you don't have in contacts, and you later want to email them it is a very handy feature. Unless you are syncing messages forever, they will eventually drop off the suggestion list.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    01-12-14 11:30 AM
    I'm sick of this too
    01-12-14 12:13 PM
    It is annoying, but also easy enough to just ignore the suggestions as you finish typing out the address.

In the beta zone, I've suggested that they should have settings to adjust the suggestions from what they do now (many users do like it), to just the contacts on the phone, to completely off.

Not that they'll listen to me.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    01-12-14 12:31 PM
    Suggested contacts are being pulled on email address you recently interacted with (I'm not sure how "recently", maybe if you sent an email to that address it can be suggested).

For me, it's not a flaw since this is a feature of an email itself. Try it using a computer and the addresses you sent an email can still be suggested on your browser even if you didn't added them as a contact.

Posted via CB10
    I don't mean to hijack this thread, but everyone seems to be quoting me.

Mine was not an email but a text message and text message contacts, as I quite clearly stated. And it wasn't a suggested contact extrapolated from what I started typing, there were two suggested contacts below the to box as soon as I started. It doesn't do this any more since the last couple of updates but when it did it kept using the same two contacts all the time no matter how long it had been since I last texted them or how many texts I had sent to other people. Something got stuck and there was no way to find it or clear (like you might clear forms or history in a browser).

At the time I think I found a thread on here about it, but I can't remember what I searched for at the time.

I did say I had something similar, it wasn't exactly the same. Sorry that everyone is getting distracted with my comment, I was only offering my experience of a similar experience.
    01-12-14 12:48 PM
    I did find that address as an alternate address in my Mac Contacts. Now deleted from there. Pulled battery again, address still there in the phone.
    01-12-14 04:17 PM
    Is there a way to actually delete a wrong email address with out finding the email originally sent to that wrong email address?

I love the fact it can remember correct emails of people that are not even a contact but really need to delete the "bad" emails somehow

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 07:33 AM
    Not on your SIM?
    And stop pulling the battery.
    curvezzz likes this.
    01-13-14 07:49 AM
    Is there a way to actually delete a wrong email address with out finding the email originally sent to that wrong email address?

I love the fact it can remember correct emails of people that are not even a contact but really need to delete the "bad" emails somehow

Posted via CB10
    Like all the other context sensitive operations on BB10 (word prediction, correction and the sharing matrix) by not using them the probability of them coming up high enough on the list to be shown will diminish. Each one has an X in the box which takes it off the current list. You could try experimenting with it. I'm not going to because my Z10 "knows" me so well now that its like having a personal assistant. I don't want to ruin that by giving it the wrong idea.
    01-13-14 07:51 AM
    It is annoying, but also easy enough to just ignore the suggestions as you finish typing out the address.

In the beta zone, I've suggested that they should have settings to adjust the suggestions from what they do now (many users do like it), to just the contacts on the phone, to completely off.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you! Please listen BlackBerry. It seems suggestion are pulled from ever where. There is no "x" for eliminating them and it slows me down. If what I am looking for is so far down the list of suggestions that I have to take the time to close the keyboard to see it, it becomes a hinderence rather than help.

Posted via CB10
    mnc76 likes this.
    01-13-14 08:47 AM
    Fist an apology. There are no Xs to get rid of the suggestions. I was sure there was, but I was mistaken.

Second, I discussed this issue with a colleague who informed me that he hates the feature on his iPad. So it is apparently not unique to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 04:11 PM
    Fist an apology. There are no Xs to get rid of the suggestions. I was sure there was, but I was mistaken.

Second, I discussed this issue with a colleague who informed me that he hates the feature on his iPad. So it is apparently not unique to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    It's a bug in the OS, and the ticket I have with RIM has been escalated to someone in Clewley's group. In my case, it's suggesting email addresses I had 8 years ago, but have never once been typed or seen on my BB, nor is it any where in contacts, because as most of you have said, sometimes you turn off the contacts and it still suggests erronous emails. It's a bad version of spotlight that tried to be intuitive.

On iOS, it works flawlessly, and automatically queries the GAB as well without tapping the "lookup" button.

I'll let you all know when BlackBerry contacts me with a resolution.

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.1898
    01-13-14 04:34 PM
    I love this feature. I don't want every person that I email to be an official contact. But if I start to type their name in the "To" field, I want to be able to find them.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    01-13-14 04:39 PM
    I love this feature. I don't want every person that I email to be an official contact. But if I start to type their name in the "To" field, I want to be able to find them.

Posted via CB10
    Well, let's put it this way. I want it to find contacts that I want to find but I certainly don't want it to find every tom, **** or harry just because they were mentioned in some email from 4 years ago or some esoteric search of the ether found them! And I certainly would like to be able to prevent them from showing up again in the future.
    01-13-14 08:21 PM
    Further on this, BlackBerry says there is no way to delete the memory in which it sits.

KB34771-BlackBerry 10 smartphone shows email suggestions for recipients in "To", "Cc", and "Bcc" fields
    01-14-14 10:26 PM
    Further on this, BlackBerry says there is no way to delete the memory in which it sits.

KB34771-BlackBerry 10 smartphone shows email suggestions for recipients in "To", "Cc", and "Bcc" fields
    That just means they know that there have been complaints about it, but they can't be bothered to change how it works.

Or, it may be item #3427 on their list of things to do.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 08:35 AM
    That just means they know that there have been complaints about it, but they can't be bothered to change how it works.

Or, it may be item #3427 on their list of things to do.

Posted via CB10
    They're lazy and don't listen to their customers.

You remember the good ol' days of BBOS simple checking or unchecking "Suggest Recent Contacts".

I miss that type of innovation.

I am enjoying 5 year olds code BB10. It's astounding to see the game changing results.

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.1898
    01-15-14 03:29 PM
38 12