So despite what we've seen in articles such as the ones below I keep reading here on CrackBerry that the BlackBerry launch hasn't been successful and people are arguing against articles such as the ones below saying that they're not true or the stores didn't have much stock and we can't believe these articles because we don't have any actual sales numbers yet.

So my question to all you naysayers is when BlackBerry reports their Sales Numbers in March what will it take for you to consider the launch a success? How many Z10's do they need to sell in February & March in order for it to be a 'successful' launch?

Rogers sold more BlackBerry smartphones yesterday than any other day in Rogers history | CrackBerry.com

BlackBerry 10: Z10 Canadian launch was best in firm history, CEO says | FP Tech Desk | Financial Post

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...tailer-770682/

�In fact, it was more than 50% better than any other launch day in our history in Canada.�
    �In the U.K., we have seen close to three times our best performance ever for the first week of sales for a BlackBerry smartphone,�
    Via Rogers:

Sold more BlackBerry smartphones on February 5th 2013 than any other day in Rogers history (Rogers was the first carrier to launch BlackBerry services in 1999).

Rogers BlackBerry experts activated thousands of BlackBerry Z10 smartphones yesterday, and provided customers with in depth training and support.

Some stores have temporarily sold out of the BlackBerry Z10 and additional inventory has been shipped to Rogers retail locations across Canada.
    The Z10 is likely to do as well as Samsung's SIII and the iPhone 5, said Mr Khanzadah. "This is one of the biggest launches along the lines of the SIII and the iPhone 5. It will be a straight fight between all three.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    02-19-13 10:29 AM
    I am not a naysayer... but I think a few hundred thousand in sales to me would be successful, I am trying to be as realistic as possible however.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    02-19-13 10:37 AM
    Too early for this come back in a few quarters.
    02-19-13 10:43 AM
    I think the launch itself is assured success by any measure. What I hope to see is sustained sales after the BB faithful flock to BB10, and good financial results after. BB needs to make profit again.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    02-19-13 10:58 AM
    First Quarter report on new OS, released in a limited number of markets. Won't mean anything is my thot. Two quarters after USA launch and Q10 will be a good indicator.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    02-19-13 11:10 AM
    This transition from negative to positive is going to take a longer than a couple months and a lot of hard work on the part from RIM.. mainly getting the phone out in the US.... this is ridiculous beyond measure, it it truly is the carrier's fault, blackberry should have sold unlocked, unbranded phones... that would have been easy to do. The decision to launch a phone and in a country with no information on a release date will surely hurt RIM...
    Last edited by adjdudley21; 02-19-13 at 11:40 AM.
    02-19-13 11:10 AM
    As far as the stock market is concerned, successful will be exceeding street consensus. I read one guesstimate of 1 Million phones somewhere, and that sounds like a reasonable number to me.
    02-19-13 11:28 AM
    This transition from negative to positive is going to take a longer than a couple months and a lot of hard work on the part from RIM.. mainly getting the phone out in the US.... this is ridiculous beyond measure, it it truly is the carrier's fault, blackberry should have sold unlocked, unbranded phones... that would have been easy to do. The decision to launch a phone and in a country with no information on a release dat will surely hurt RIM...
    Like this?

BlackBerry Z10 comes to the US early thanks to Solavei | CrackBerry.com

Although I'm sure that the last thing that BlackBerry wants to do is to **** of their US Carrier Partners.
    02-19-13 11:38 AM
    BBRY has always been profitable, they earned $9mil in profits last quarter

USA TODAY
    Not true as they struggled with profitability in 2012 and $9mil is nothing in terms of profitability. They need to return to pre-2011 profit levels, which I hope they do.
    02-19-13 07:34 PM
    Not true as they struggled with profitability in 2012 and $9mil is nothing in terms of profitability. They need to return to pre-2011 profit levels, which I hope they do.
    They were still profitable each quarter in 2012, and 9 million ain't much but its good when your selling devices from 2010-11.
    02-19-13 09:55 PM
    Not sure what I'd consider a success. All I know is I got mine the week after it came (Hamilton Ontario Canada) and Wireless wave was sold out and I got the last on in stock from the bell store. She said they were selling I got my screen protector and case at two different stores, both retail guys were excited about it and asking how I liked. I asked both how they were selling and they both well and that a lot of users were not just die hard bb fans like myself. If this trend is taking place all over then I won't be surprised if the sales are decent.
    02-19-13 10:27 PM
    I believe one million in the first quarter would be a conservative estimate. It's going to take a few years to get back consumer confidence in my books. It's so hard when it seems like every news article states all the past negatives with Blackberry. The company needs to get by this and won't move forward until most of the news is positive.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 10:35 PM
    Not sure what I'd consider a success. All I know is I got mine the week after it came (Hamilton Ontario Canada) and Wireless wave was sold out and I got the last on in stock from the bell store. She said they were selling I got my screen protector and case at two different stores, both retail guys were excited about it and asking how I liked. I asked both how they were selling and they both well and that a lot of users were not just die hard bb fans like myself. If this trend is taking place all over then I won't be surprised if the sales are decent.
    Rogers announced that 50% of it's Z10 sales were from Android & Apple users so hopefully that trend continues.
    02-20-13 07:28 AM
    If they sell one device to a person who has never heard of CrackBerry.com then I'm calling it a success. Lol

Posted using the CrackBerry App on BlackBerry 10.
    02-20-13 07:34 AM
    The question in terms of actual sales is one thing,...the real question is,...does Blackberry has the industrial capacity to keep up with demand.....especially while demand is very high? I'm beginning to think that's not the case. That said, though demand for the Z10 is high,...demand for the Q10 will certainly be equally as high,..especially given the fact that the Q10 will ship with a higher capacity battery than the Z10. So! In the end, I'd like to see Blackberry 10 licensed to other smartphone manufacturers this will keep BB 10 in the news for well after the time the Z10 and Q10 fanfair dies down. I can't see how this wouldn't be a win - win for Blackberry!
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    02-20-13 08:11 AM
    Also curious as to what the return rate is. Sales are one thing, but are people keeping the phone?
    Residing likes this.
    02-20-13 08:25 AM
    We would know if there was a massive return wave from retail checks.

In March, we will hear about 100,000, which is reasonable.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 08:32 AM
    I think they should sell over a million phones. I would honestly be surprised if they sold less. You so realize that the market movers tend to make a lot of the news. They kinda manipulate opinion to make the stock to move where they want it. The side effect is that we hear things that may or may not be true. At this point most everything is speculation. The only thing we know is what was said about launch day in Canada and launch week in the UK since BlackBerry has no reason to lie about those sales records. It would only come back to bite them later and that is exactly what they are trying to get away from. They wouldn't risk more press negativity. They already had their fair share.
    02-20-13 08:36 AM
    Unfortunately it's not. We sold out the first week and had a lot of people calling the first couple of days, but since then nothing. We got a shipment of 8 white and 3 black 10 days ago and every single one of them is still is the lockup. Initial demand was high but it really fell off.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    02-20-13 08:41 AM
    If they sell one device to a person who has never heard of CrackBerry.com then I'm calling it a success. Lol

Posted using the CrackBerry App on BlackBerry 10.
    When BlackBerry announces Sales Numbers in March - what will you consider "successful"?-borat_great_success.jpg
    02-20-13 08:50 AM
    Unfortunately it's not. We sold out the first week and had a lot of people calling the first couple of days, but since then nothing. We got a shipment of 8 white and 3 black 10 days ago and every single one of them is still is the lockup. Initial demand was high but it really fell off.

Where is your store? Because:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ld-out-769968/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rdered-774085/
    02-20-13 08:54 AM
    I'm not big on sharing location online but I'm in Eastern Ontario.

02-20-13 09:05 AM
    Can you tell us what kind of store? Rogers, Futureshop...

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 09:12 AM
    The Source, corporate Bell/Virgin.

02-20-13 10:23 AM
    Like this?

[url=http://crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-going-sale-week-solavei-us]BlackBerry Z10 comes to the US early thanks to Solavei | CrackBerry.com[/url

Although I'm sure that the last thing that BlackBerry wants to do is to **** of their US Carrier Partners.

first of all that doesn't count because that is a company that marked up their prices considerably, Id do better buying one off of ebay.. so no, not like that
    02-20-13 10:31 AM
52 123