Hello,
    I'll move to Austria for a year and I don't know which network and plan should I chose for my Z10.
    I need more data than talk. (thank you, howarmat, for this advice)
    Could some of you can help me out?
    Any advice would be great and appreciated.
    Thanks so much in advanced!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by vptsff; 08-18-13 at 08:51 PM.
    08-17-13 10:11 PM
    Do you need more talk time or data?
    vptsff likes this.
    08-18-13 12:53 PM
    Hi,

Thanks so much for your reply.
    I need more data than talk.
    I hope you can advise me.
    08-18-13 08:51 PM
    I dont have any experience with networks over there but hopefully someone can reply with some good info!
    vptsff likes this.
    08-18-13 09:05 PM
    Hello,

luckily Austria's mobile phone operators are highly competitive and offer a lot for little money. I for instance pay 12 EUR/month for 2GB high speed Data (after that it's slower, but still free), 1000 Minutes to my network, 1000 minutes to any Austrian phone and 1000 SMS in a contract with no minimum duration that I can cancel giving 8 weeks notice (I chose a sim-only contract). To be honest, I never go beyond that and more data is available at hardly any cost anyway. I think most carriers offer similar offers, some a bit cheaper, some a bit more expensive. There used to be four networks but one (Orange) is being integrated into the others, so you have the choice between three networks A1, T-Mobile and 3 (T-mobile and 3 have a roaming agreement within Austria to enhance coverage). Then of course there are many brands using the same network. Personally I am very happy with 3.

I would say it depends on where you live and how coverage is. I am in Vienna with the carrier "3" and always have very good reception in most places I go, but if you move somewhere more remote it might be wise to check out the coverage first. I've been using "3" for 5 years now , for one week so far with my new z10,and it works great. If you're unsure, many prepaid offers are also quite cheap, you could just try that before committing to a contract.

Cheers
    Maximilian
    Last edited by jackbenny; 08-21-13 at 08:06 AM. Reason: I wrote '8 months' instead of '8 weeks' and a LOT of typos
    vptsff likes this.
    08-20-13 12:28 AM
    Thank you so much, jackbenny!
    I am very glad to see your advices with very clear recommendations.
    I will select "3" for sure because I will be in Vienna too.
    08-21-13 03:20 AM