I uninstalled whatsapp, sideloaded android's whatsapp, uninstalled it using chrome extension , downloaded the native whatsapp again, but it won't work, says I have to wait for an SMS to arrive but nothing arrived.. tried to call but it won't work

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 10:04 AM
    I uninstalled whatsapp, sideloaded android's whatsapp, uninstalled it using chrome extension , downloaded the native whatsapp again, but it won't work, says I have to wait for an SMS to arrive but nothing arrived.. tried to call but it won't work

Posted via CB10
    I don't remember the whole BB10 WhatsApp setup process, but was there an option to verify via a phone call instead of a text message?
    11-05-13 10:08 AM
    I don't remember the whole BB10 WhatsApp setup process, but was there an option to verify via a phone call instead of a text message?
    Yup tried it, didn't work

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 10:14 AM
    Also, make sure your phone number is entered in the correct format.

WhatsApp FAQ - Verifying your phone number in WhatsApp
    11-05-13 10:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    If I'm not mistaken and remember correctly, you need to wait for an SMS to arrive to verify your phone number, this will happen automatically and seamlessly without you knowing it and you will not need to do anything unlike other OS. All you have to do is wait for a few minutes and you will be verified & you can start using it.
    11-05-13 12:10 PM