I am like one of those people who abuses WhatsApp, and I had someone pestering me and asking if I got the update to
    voice-call feature since it came out for Android.

So yesterday one of my bud called me through WhatsApp (Android, Galaxy Note 3) and I was able to answer the call. But nothing else happened,there was nothing coming out of the incall speaker and I had to end the call because it would be pointless having my phone to my ear sitting like an ***** not saying anything.
    However though, I updated a couple of apps today through Wi-fi, I usually do OTA. I decided to do WiFi- cause I was way beyond my data threshold limit.
    Then BHAM!
    There's a green phone icon, next to my pal's name on WhatsApp (in the chat window).I was like "eh?" so, I told my pestering friend who happens to be a girl (you know how they get) that I got the update and she went bat **** crazy (her brother lives in Ukraine and she has to call him, and at the rate in which carriers in India are offering international calls, having a feature which lets us call through the web for an application a large amount of people use is a relief)

So I played around the feature a little bit and here are my impressions:

1.Okay, the call feature is spotty.

2.If you get a call from someone, most of the time you either hear 'static' or "he--- lll ----ooo ---www" and even if you manage to hear words rather than syllables, its like someone is speaking through a tube or a funnel.

3.You call someone, you don't get a ring but beeps. Like, I dont know if the other end is actually busy or ringing it goes "beep-beeep-beeep" and after 30 seconds or so it just hang up automatically

4.When you get a missed call, on WhatsApp you get a notification though, like an ordinary missed call should give you but when you click on the "View" button, nothing happens.

These are things I found out, maybe its my update or phone.

Phone: Z10 STL 100-1
    Network: BSNL India 3G
    03-15-15 02:52 AM
    Yesterday i also got invitation call from someone and just after that we acted like virus sent so many invitations but alas my Symbian phone is not yet supported for this feature.
    03-15-15 05:38 AM
    My wife can call Me from her Z10.... But I can't see the feature on my Z30.
    I'm running WhatsApp Version 2.11.1326
    03-18-15 11:08 AM
    Just install bbm for calling. It's easily the best wi-fi calling experience.
    03-18-15 12:42 PM
    The fact that they are doing a "gradual rollout" is a sign they are having trouble with the feature

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 01:00 PM
    Bbm voice call is worst
    I prefer Facetime, from my Ipad

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 01:08 PM
    My calling feature in Z10 got activated today.
    03-31-15 10:54 AM
    Me to

03-31-15 11:33 AM
    BBM voice calls used to be great, they are good quality but not very reliable.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 11:54 AM
    Excellent call quality and especially in speaker mode.
    03-31-15 01:17 PM
    It's OK, it's still glitchy and spotty I have had a few people call me and when I answer I hear nothing. my wife has a q10 and I have Z10 so the video calling via BBM is rock solid (as long as we both have wifi) and voice calling excellent too.

I remember I was in Florida driving between ft Lauderdale and Orlando and had a US wifi Hotspot device and was using video and glympse I was amazed especially after my wife video called me and asked why I stopped and I told her I was at a rest stop lol

Via Digicel 10.3.1.1779
    03-31-15 07:33 PM
    It was working Amazingly
    No issues

04-01-15 01:22 AM
    Works perfectly for me. Just as clear as BBM voice call.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 05:05 AM
    I upgraded my whatsapp and so far got 2calls and I made calls and it went smoothly with no static. I think it's far better than bbm voice. Am on Z10

via Honorable Z10
    04-01-15 05:11 AM