Happy with how Whatsapp turned out on Z10. My only gripe (one I've mentioned at every opportunity I got) : Why can't I still send an audio file? I'd like to have that option to send audio clips or songs to people in my contact list. I guess this option is available with Whatsapp on every other platform. It was an issue with Whatsapp on BBOS and continues here as well. I was hoping they'd fix it this time around.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 03:26 PM
    03-14-13 03:45 PM
    Yeah you have to send it as a voice note for now, not sure why it wasn't included
    03-14-13 04:04 PM
    Sadly, the update doesn't address this issue. Have updated to the latest version. This was an issue with Whatsapp even on the legacy devices.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 04:06 PM
    cant send pcs
    03-14-13 04:24 PM
    cant send pcs
    That might be a very user-specific problem I'd guess. Sending pics option is present and working too. Try re-installing may be?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 04:27 PM
    Just tried sending a pic and sent no problem?
    03-14-13 04:28 PM
    There are a couple of bugs for me.

1) When I turn my phone landscape mode the keyboard jams up and I have to restart the app.
    2) With the last BB os update I lost the bell notification in my hub so I am not getting the notifications in the hub.
    3) My contact list keeps on changing, my fav contacts started at 83 and was down to 61 and now is 73 again.
    4) Sending songs or clips.
    5) When in pictures and I hit the share button, whatsapp is not listed so I actually need to be in the app to attach any pictures etc.

I have reverted back to using openwhatsapp for now as I like the UI. I can actually hit the share button and it gives me direct link to openwhatsapp. Contact list is accurate and I like the active frame better.
    chasdrury likes this.
    03-14-13 04:32 PM
    There are a couple of bugs for me.

1) When I turn my phone landscape mode the keyboard jams up and I have to restart the app.
    2) With the last BB os update I lost the bell notification in my hub so I am not getting the notifications in the hub.
    3) My contact list keeps on changing, my fav contacts started at 83 and was down to 61 and now is 73 again.
    4) Sending songs or clips.
    5) When in pictures and I hit the share button, whatsapp is not listed so I actually need to be in the app to attach any pictures etc.

I have reverted back to using openwhatsapp for now as I like the UI. I can actually hit the share button and it gives me direct link to openwhatsapp. Contact list is accurate and I like the active frame better.
    There was an update for the official whatsapp, just hours later (link in one of the bone comments). Did you install the update? I had an issue after first installation of the app - wherein my hub settings would change automatically to exclude FB and text messages, and no matter how many times I changed it, they always reverted to being switched off in the hub. Installing the Whatsapp update fix this issue for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 04:47 PM
    I have the latest version of whatsapp, I actually un installed and reinstalled it as well. I think my hub issue has to do with the BlackBerry side of things. I don't even get app update notifications. Thinking about wiping my device.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 04:54 PM
    There's probably 5 threads already go to the bb10 apps section and look there, or search

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 05:01 PM
    Slightly confused. There was a clamour for an official native app and now there's a problem that it doesn't do what it's never done?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 05:32 PM
    Slightly confused. There was a clamour for an official native app and now there's a problem that it doesn't do what it's never done?

Posted via CB10
    Not really. This is just what could be / should have been improved. Who does not like having all possible features? Take it as inputs for future updates may be?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 05:43 PM
    Just tried sending a pic and sent no problem?
    in group chat i cant
    03-14-13 07:03 PM
    i miss being able to send broadcast !!
    03-14-13 07:22 PM
    My problem that the new version of whatsapp i can't send files form media files, files can only be sent from the whatsapp chat !!

Please try to fix it in the new update
    03-15-13 06:04 PM
    Do you have to have app open in a active fram for it to work ges messages?
    06-11-13 10:57 AM
    Dude, clipskid just gave you a solution. Send it as a voice not.
    06-11-13 11:01 AM