Is it me only or since the last update whatsapp is just acting worse than ever??

It's freezing up to a point people talk to me, I am only able to see the notification in the HUB, but won't open (for A very long time) until it finally loads...

I just can't afford to close the active frame EVER!! That would mean risking not being able to respond quickly to any emergency....

Just frustrated. Anyone else have experienced these issues?

Any suggestions on how to make it work better??

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 12:29 PM
    Nah. Not for me,
    WhatsApp is working fine on my z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 12:39 PM
    Working fine for me also. I'm sure you've tried this but I'd start with a hard reset of the phone. And then reinstall the app. Hopefully one of those work for you.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    04-09-13 12:53 PM
    Try a reinstall? Works fine for me

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 12:59 PM
    Does it have anything to do with the amount of contacts I have on my address book?? I do have over 4,000... maybe this makes it slower to respond???

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 01:05 PM
    Having an issue when trying to close a chat. It doesn't close the specific chat I'm trying to close or it closes a completely different chat that wasn't even selected. Anyone get where I'm coming from?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 01:15 PM
    Does it have anything to do with the amount of contacts I have on my address book?? I do have over 4,000... maybe this makes it slower to respond???

Posted via CB10
    Most likely that's the case.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 01:18 PM
    Nop.it does take very long time time to Open the app.any solutions?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 02:55 PM
    OK, so It got "better" with the last update, however recently has started to act weird again...
    (long)
    From what I've seen, the App Has to load on the HUB when you click on any notification to view the message from there without having to open the Full App.

But then it also has to do a full loading process when you open the app itself... (which I continue to keep the active frame open to avoid going through this hassle)...

It's like you're running 2 whatsapp apps at the same time and if you are like me and have quite a large contact list which seems to make the app very heavy to load, you can see how the way this is setup to work on BB10 is not really optimal.

I'm having issues where whatsapp in the HUB doesn't work right, click on a new Notification and it takes me to another open conversation and doesn't respond.

Then I also find the active frame app force closes on me every once in awhile...

Whatsapp, right now, if I didn't need really you, I would have deleted the hell out of you from my Z10!!

Frustrating!!!!!! Anyone else having issues???

Posted via CB10
    Spawn12 likes this.
    04-20-13 08:00 AM
    OK, so It got "better" with the last update, however recently has started to act weird again...
    (long)
    From what I've seen, the App Has to load on the HUB when you click on any notification to view the message from there without having to open the Full App.

But then it also has to do a full loading process when you open the app itself... (which I continue to keep the active frame open to avoid going through this hassle)...

It's like you're running 2 whatsapp apps at the same time and if you are like me and have quite a large contact list which seems to make the app very heavy to load, you can see how the way this is setup to work on BB10 is not really optimal.

I'm having issues where whatsapp in the HUB doesn't work right, click on a new Notification and it takes me to another open conversation and doesn't respond.

Then I also find the active frame app force closes on me every once in awhile...

Whatsapp, right now, if I didn't need really you, I would have deleted the hell out of you from my Z10!!

Frustrating!!!!!! Anyone else having issues???

Posted via CB10
    Yep im having the same issues as well, if i go into the hub and click on a conversation then it takes me into a different conversation. Good thing i keep an eye on it as it seems to happen alot and make sure i dont reply to the wrong person.

Ive also got the issue where if i open whatsapp as an active frame, within 20 secs it will close automatically and i have to re-open it.

For what its worth, whatsapp on the Z10 is really really dire compared to the iOS, Android and even the older BB versions. If i didnt need it, i wouldnt bother installing it on my z10.

For what we get...its a rubbish app that doesnt seem to integrate well with the hub.
    04-20-13 08:08 AM
    If I may, what is your approximate contacts count? I'm thinking that loading problem I have is because of the double and maybe triple contact entries which sums over 4k...

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 08:20 AM
    If I may, what is your approximate contacts count? I'm thinking that loading problem I have is because of the double and maybe triple contact entries which sums over 4k...

Posted via CB10
    I have about 100 contacts that are on my whatsapp contact list.
    04-20-13 08:34 AM
    Looking for a way to manage all my contacts now... seems to be the cause for the lagging when loading...

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 09:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't know. I have 1000 contacts and it's really snappy. I would guess it would slow down a bit at 1000 if 4000 is a problem.

You should maybe contact the developper. Within the app, there is a "Help" section where you can send a log to the developper. They might help you

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 09:36 AM
    Having an issue when trying to close a chat. It doesn't close the specific chat I'm trying to close or it closes a completely different chat that wasn't even selected. Anyone get where I'm coming from?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, happens to me from time to time. Closing and re-opening the app seems to fix it.
    04-20-13 09:47 AM
    Whatsapp having trouble showing contacts with no phone number, dp of different people in diff number getting confused.

Having 734 contact on wapp.

Sometimes it makes phone hang on till rebooted in hub.

I deleted and re-installed today since noon no issue as such.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 09:52 AM