Dave from Canada again. ( I know, I know.... there's probably three or four of us....)

I leave my z-10 plugged in by my bed at night as an alarm. Every now and then the screen turns on like it's thinking about stuff. What's that all about? (It's not incoming mail or anything.)

Also, this new 10.1 upgrade was supposed to give me better sleep options. I'd like to put the phone in night time operation so you have the nice glowing dimmed orange clock but I still need the phone to ring if I want it to. This still doesn't appear to be an option....
    05-23-13 07:41 AM
    Same thing happens to me also.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 07:47 AM
    Can you not swipe from the top for Clock Settings to turn on Phone Calls in Bedside Mode? I think the display turning on while plugged in indicates when the battery is charged to 100%, then fades out with a little battery drain as the phone uses battery power and charges up again.
    05-23-13 07:59 AM
    Dave from Canada again. ( I know, I know.... there's probably three or four of us....)

I leave my z-10 plugged in by my bed at night as an alarm. Every now and then the screen turns on like it's thinking about stuff. What's that all about? (It's not incoming mail or anything.)

Also, this new 10.1 upgrade was supposed to give me better sleep options. I'd like to put the phone in night time operation so you have the nice glowing dimmed orange clock but I still need the phone to ring if I want it to. This still doesn't appear to be an option....
    Do you have "phone calls when in sleep mode" on in the clock app options?
    05-23-13 08:01 AM
    Same thing happens to my screen. It turns on when it reaches 100% and it will eventually go back to 99% after a while and start charging again. Kind of annoying, wish it didn't turn on the screen every time it reaches 100%.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 08:13 AM

uhhhhh, maybe a reboot? I had just turned out the light at night recently, Z10 plugged in, charging (no bedside mode, screen locked, hence off). All of a sudden, I notice a strange "glow" in the room. Glanced over, and the blue BB screen was all lit up. Grabbed the phone, checked it, and, what do you know, it rebooted itself.

Did you check if it had rebooted on its own. Seems like MANY in Canada aren't afflicted with this, but worth checking?
    05-23-13 08:13 AM