My phone is most of the day on charge while I am working but after work (today I noticed it much more) at 5PM I took it off from charge when it was at 100% at around 8:30PM my battery was already at 8% I put it charging for another 2 minutes or so and gained another percent to 9% and took it off cuz I had to leave a few minutes later it was dead!!!!
    Could anybody tell me what I really going on here? I am on Verizon Z10 running 1880 leak and this is really bad! Take a look at the picture below to see how fast it went down, oh btw most of the time I didn't touch it even it was in the holster, all the connections are off but service and I am in a very good service area so no searching for service!
    What could this be?
    Less than 4 hours to completely shutdown is not normal!
    What's going on with the Z10 battery???-img_00000642.png

Posted via CB10 ~ Join the One And Only active News channel on BBM Channels just add C000E96C1 ~
    05-30-13 08:56 PM
    something got stuck. it happens and a reboot should fix it. If it happens again then its time for more troubleshooting.

Any new apps installed?
    05-30-13 09:09 PM
    something got stuck. it happens and a reboot should fix it. If it happens again then its time for more troubleshooting.

Any new apps installed?
    No new apps installed! Tell me, is it a normal thing that it should happen that a battery should go dead in 4 hours from full?

Posted via CB10 ~ Join the One And Only active News channel on BBM Channels just add C000E96C1 ~
    05-30-13 09:13 PM
    That's crazy! The question. Is there a reason you need to keep your phone on a charger constantly while at work? Was it draining too quickly before? How long have you been doing this for?
    05-30-13 09:13 PM
    That's crazy! The question. Is there a reason you need to keep your phone on a charger constantly while at work? Was it draining too quickly before?
    Well to be honest I noticed more than once that when I take it off from charge even over night 5 minutes later or less it's already by 93% or less! So now if I won't leave it on charge the entire day that means by 12PM I won't have a phone anymore!

05-30-13 09:15 PM
    It certainly shouldnt drain like that especially when not in use. How many active frames do you have open? any sideloaded apps?
    05-30-13 09:18 PM
    It certainly shouldnt drain like that especially when not in use. How many active frames do you have open? any sideloaded apps?
    Active frames was only the Guru battery app and nothing else, 2 sideloaded apps

05-30-13 09:22 PM
    It's absolutely not normal, I had mine a few months (since release day in canada) and now starting to notice a drop towards the end of the day.
    Did you keep it plugged in all day from day one?
    Like the other poster said, a reboot should fix it, if not it's possible it's just a defective battery. I really don't think it's the device because no one else has had that type of power drop off in the forums here. We've only heard general complaints about battery life.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 09:33 PM
    It's absolutely not normal, I had mine a few months (since release day in canada) and now starting to notice a drop towards the end of the day.
    Did you keep it plugged in all day from day one?
    Like the other poster said, a reboot should fix it, if not it's possible it's just a defective battery. I really don't think it's the device because no one else has had that type of power drop off in the forums here. We've only heard general complaints about battery life.

Posted via CB10
    No about keeping it plugged in from day 1

05-30-13 10:14 PM
    First off your running a leaked OS. Second do not leave the phone on the charger, and do not fully drain but maybe once a month. Rule is about 20% drain, then charge. Once it is charged, unplug it. This goes for just about any lithium-ion battery powered device and helps a lot with laptops. For now take the battery out if you haven't and observe it's physically in shape. Other pointers are obvious things like radios, connection and brightness. Monitor the battery under these conditions for a couple days and observe any changes.
    05-30-13 11:21 PM
    If you look at the graph, you will notice that your phone was using between 1 and 3 Watts per hour. The only that can do that is either the screen being on at max or some app trying to get information over the network constantly and you having low signal reception wherever you were. But yeah. That's not normal.

Read my guide if anything.

Http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=8362859

I wonder how many email accounts you have in your Z10...

Posted via
    05-31-13 12:04 AM
    Most people leave their phones on charge all day... I can barely get 3 hrs of surfing cb10 constantly out of the Z10 so we all do it. Anyways looking at the discharge graph it seems as though something is running hard in the background. The black line should be above the middle when not being used and plugged in showing a charge and unless your gaming or surfing should only slightly be under the middle like this when unplugged.
    What's going on with the Z10 battery???-img_00000620.png
    If your not using the phone and its being charged you will see the black line rise a lot (big charge) and when it goes really low ( big discharge)
    What's going on with the Z10 battery???-img_00000622.png
    So again, looking at your graph it seems like something was messed in the background and causing a major battery draw. Your lines aren't of normal use

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 12:10 AM
    Most people leave their phones on charge all day... I can barely get 3 hrs of surfing cb10 constantly out of the Z10 so we all do it. Anyways looking at the discharge graph it seems as though something is running hard in the background. The black line should be above the middle when not being used and plugged in showing a charge and unless your gaming or surfing should only slightly be under the middle like this when unplugged.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000620.png 
Views:	364 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	166982
    If your not using the phone and its being charged you will see the black line rise a lot (big charge) and when it goes really low ( big discharge)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000622.png 
Views:	365 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	166983
    So again, looking at your graph it seems like something was messed in the background and causing a major battery draw. Your lines aren't of normal use

Posted via CB10
    Thanks but my question is now how could I figure out what it caused this major drop?

05-31-13 12:22 AM
    Thanks but my question is now how could I figure out what it caused this major drop?

05-31-13 12:47 AM
    Does this happen all the time?

[If yes,( Do you have apps running in the background?

If yes, how many email accounts do you have on your phone and how good is your signal?)

If no, it might have been something pulling data from the network.]

Posted via
    05-31-13 12:49 AM
    Could it be the charger you are using? Make sure you are using the Blackberry Z10 charger.
    05-31-13 12:50 AM
    Could it be the charger you are using? Make sure you are using the Blackberry Z10 charger.
    I use the Playbook charger. Not really the issue. If you look at the graph something was draining his battery.

Posted via
    05-31-13 01:00 AM
    U can start with a fresh installed device. Do a backup first though. Then security wipe then reinstall ur OS. Start from there and then try putting ur email back one by one. U have to trace it if u want to make sure which one is the culprit.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 01:04 AM
    I personally use an android note2 charger beside the bed and PlayBook charger in the bathroom... Shhhhh, don't say a word!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 01:12 AM
    Bathroom? Wkwkwkwk.... charged it while playing games? or watch movies?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 01:20 AM
    Don't use the PlayBook charger, always use the one that came with your phone, there is a difference. Also I turned off my LTE and just use regular 3G. I found my battery life improved a lot and the difference is only noticeable if streaming YouTube. I am constantly on my phone with texts and emails so it was a drag having to charge all the time, I can get about 7 hours of heavy use.

Posted via Z10 awesome sauce CB10
    05-31-13 01:20 AM
    What's going on with the Z10 battery???-img_00001810.png
    This is my usage after I stopped using LTE. Quick charge around 2 pm gets me thru the rest of the day No problem

Posted via Z10 awesome sauce CB10
    05-31-13 01:33 AM
    Here's a question. Do u use Gmail? Are u running 10.1? For me I've found that to be the problem. I have since done a security wipe and have not put my Gmail back on... too scared to. In 4 hours my battery was flat. I'm waiting to see if there's a solution or a new update.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 02:40 AM
    Same battery issue here - 4 hrs. I use gmail. Is it really the case that to have the battery last through the day you can't use gmail? If so, it is bad news for the z10.
    05-31-13 03:13 AM
    So far me that's how it's been, I keep wanting to add Gmail back but as it stands my battery has lasted from yesterday 6:00am and is currently on 14 % left. The time here is 17:00 pm. Compared to 4 hours. Now that's with simple browsing of Internet, BBM and 2 calls lasting about 30 min each.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Zyar; 05-31-13 at 05:10 AM.
    05-31-13 03:46 AM
30 12