Hey

I saw that there are 2 types of BB10 z10 so what's the difference between BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha?

and are they both available anywhere or they are special editions?

thanks
    02-09-13 01:08 AM
    I don't know the exact details. I really don't know too much. I do think that the dev alpha B has 1 gb of ram instead of the 2gb that the z10. That's about it.
    02-09-13 01:14 AM
    Dev Alpha A and B where devices given for to developer, non comercial devices with the sole purpose of develeping testing apps and are limited when it comes some specs, it runs in a developers only version of BlackBerry 10, some of the apps and functions that you get with the Z10 are not available in the Dev Alpha , the Z10 is the consumer device that you can buy and runs full BlackBerry 10 OS, available in Canada and UK at the moment.
    02-09-13 01:18 AM
    .... well the fact it's called a "Dev Alpha" kind of gives away the purpose for which it was intended.

The Dev Alpha is a prototype phone, which (until recently) ran an incomplete version of the operating system called BlackBerry 10.

Dev Alphas are not legally allowed to be sold, for the simple fact that they were never technically owned by the people who had them. They were always owned by RIM (now BlackBerry).

BlackBerry [the company] will be replacing all the Dev Alphas for shinny red Z10s.

Si.
    02-09-13 01:23 AM
    Can dev alpha os work on normal z10 phones........?
    03-11-14 09:42 AM
    Can dev alpha os work on normal z10 phones........?
    There are developer versions of the OS that are released ahead of production versions so that developers can test new features and how apps behave on the new OS. But as mentioned before they are stripped of many of the applications and often have known flaws. I don't know why anyone would want to run one on a phone that is in use.
    03-11-14 09:46 AM
    Actually developers are allowed to keep their dev alphas, and it can run a full os, d only real difference is specs and the performance

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 09:46 AM