I have about 1GB of mp3's on my Z10. My car just has a standard sound system with CD player.

What's the best/easiest way for me to be able to get in my car and play my device's mp3's on my car's sound system?

Any info appreciated.
    04-22-13 02:46 PM
    you would probably need an aux input or bluetooth capability.. if you spend some money you can get a decent headunit with an aux..
    cbzeduser likes this.
    04-22-13 02:48 PM
    It helps to know a little more about the car system.
    Does it have any input jacks (USB or 3.5mm)?
    Does it support bluetooth streaming.

Not as important, but is it aftermarket car system and/or what year make and model of vehicle?
    cbzeduser likes this.
    04-22-13 02:51 PM
    I use blue tooth, but, if you don't have that capability I would use a fm transmitter.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder, cbzeduser and ncpete like this.
    04-22-13 02:51 PM
    The easiest and best way is to plug a 3.5mm cable into the headphone jack on your Z10 ........ and the other into the Aux jack on your sound system /radio.

If you don't have an Aux jack ....... you will have to read the forums on your Make/Model auto. There is possibly a way to add an Aux jack which will cost about $15-100 if you do it yourself (this will depend your sound system and it's capabily for adding an Aux jack).

The best way in most cases to add an Aux jack is to replace the head unit/sound system with an after market Pioneer, Kenwood, etc. that has an Aux jack.

Another option ........ put in a bluetooth speaker and pair it to your Z10.

I would either add an Aux jack or a new head unit. Hope this helps!!!
    cbzeduser likes this.
    04-22-13 02:54 PM
    It helps to know a little more about the car system.
    Does it have any input jacks (USB or 3.5mm)?
    Does it support bluetooth streaming.

Not as important, but is it aftermarket car system and/or what year make and model of vehicle?
    It's just a basic car sound system with a CD player. The CD player can play mp3 CDs. No input jacks or Bluetooth built in.

It's a Honda Accord.
    04-22-13 03:09 PM
    I use blue tooth, but, if you don't have that capability I would use a fm transmitter.

Posted via CB10
    Amazon has a long list of FM transmitters ( Amazon.com: fm modulator: Automotive ).

Do you know if there are any that are designed to work with the Z10?
    04-22-13 03:11 PM
    I haven't tried this one but Belkin is typically a pretty good brand for this type of thing.
    Belkin Tunecast Auto FM Transmitter for Apple iPod and Most MP3 Players F8Z439-P-BBY - Best Buy

Don't expect great sound quality if you go this route. I tried a Belkin about 4 years ago for an iPod. It works and that's all I will say.
    russworman and cbzeduser like this.
    04-22-13 03:16 PM

Thanks for the info. Do you know if there any Bluetooth speakers that are known to work well with the Z10?
    04-22-13 03:16 PM
    It's just a basic car sound system with a CD player. The CD player can play mp3 CDs. No input jacks or Bluetooth built in.

It's a Honda Accord.
    I just remembered something. A friend of mine had an 08 Honda Ridgeline. He went to the dealership and bought a factory iPod harness for it which was a simple plug and play into the back of the factory head unit. You might want to check with a Honda dealer. They might have something similar with a 3.5mm plug that will go into the Z10 headphone jack.
    cbzeduser likes this.
    04-22-13 03:29 PM
    Find a buddy that luvs electronics and tearing things apart....... ask him to help you install an Aux jack in your car. For someone that knows how to do it, it should take 15-30mins (once you have the part(s) ).

Same buddy could help install a new head unit in same amount of time.

I would go either of these 2 routes. (unless you want to call an audio shop or Honda dealer and ask for a cost on installing an Aux jack).
    04-22-13 03:35 PM
    I just remembered something. A friend of mine had an 08 Honda Ridgeline. He went to the dealership and bought a factory iPod harness for it which was a simple plug and play into the back of the factory head unit. You might want to check with a Honda dealer. They might have something similar with a 3.5mm plug that will go into the Z10 headphone jack.
    Thanks! I will look into that.
    04-22-13 03:35 PM
    What he said!!! (I have no clue on a Honda if this will work but the dealer can tell you)
    04-22-13 03:36 PM
    This is what I use...

What's the best way to enable my z10 to play mp3's in my car?-img_00000077.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 03:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    I concur with this. Outside of doing a hardware overhaul on your car's audio system, this is probably the easiest way to achieve what you're looking for. I have a Griffin one for my iPod that I've been using for the past five years or so.

I've been looking for an FM transmitter that has bluetooth capabilities to allow me to use it on multiple devices (Griffin ones are usually proprietary to iOS). Most are around $50 though so before I pull the trigger I want to make sure I get a quality device. If anyone here uses one and has any input on the topic, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Posted via CB10 & loving it!
    04-22-13 03:49 PM
    This is what I use...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000077.jpg 
Views:	514 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	153946

Posted via CB10
    *Sigh* I remember when I had one of those, my bro bought and installed it for me in my Honda Accord. And then some petty thief broke into my car and stole it. Honestly a new head unit is the best way to go, and very versatile too. I miss HD radio channels too... :'(

04-22-13 03:52 PM

It's a Honda Accord.
    what year accord is it? Mines a 99 and I went and bought a second hand sony xplode unit for $50 and it has a front facing input/aux jack. great stereo in my opinion. Really pumps out the sound in a good way. heavy bass if you need it as well.. if you need wiring diagrams let me know in a pm. I will totally hook you up. Also if your accord is the same year as mine, I might have a few questions for you if you have had any relay problems in the past.
    04-22-13 04:12 PM
    The easiest and best way is to plug a 3.5mm cable into the headphone jack on your Z10 ........ and the other into the Aux jack on your sound system /radio.

If you don't have an Aux jack ....... you will have to read the forums on your Make/Model auto. There is possibly a way to add an Aux jack which will cost about $15-100 if you do it yourself (this will depend your sound system and it's capabily for adding an Aux jack).

The best way in most cases to add an Aux jack is to replace the head unit/sound system with an after market Pioneer, Kenwood, etc. that has an Aux jack.

I would either add an Aux jack or a new head unit. Hope this helps!!!

Sent from the Mother Ship...
    04-22-13 04:19 PM
    Auxillary or USB would work for sure. You just have to make sure your cars deck is set to which ever one you plug into
    04-22-13 04:34 PM
    BlackBerry Stereo Gateway.

It's aux into the cubed device and bluetooth from phone to gateway.

I've been using it for 6 years now in my car. Which is hidden in the middle console. I can also plug it into other stereo devices and tv's

Best of all crackberry sells it and it's a newer version than what I got

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    04-22-13 04:40 PM
    What's the best way to enable my z10 to play mp3's in my car?-img_00000905.png

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    04-22-13 04:43 PM
    If you have an older accord, you should have a tape player. I use a tape to 3.5 mm jack for my 06 acura tl, as I didn't want to spend 180 on a dice module to hook my phone to the car just for aux capability. The quality is great if you spend 30-40 bucks on a decent tape to aux player.

Fm transmitter is a little different. It hooks up to your phone directly then sends an Fm signal which you can pick up with the radio. I'd rather go the wired route....

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 04:48 PM
    If you have an older accord, you should have a tape player. I use a tape to 3.5 mm jack for my 06 acura tl, as I didn't want to spend 180 on a dice module to hook my phone to the car just for aux capability. The quality is great if you spend 30-40 bucks on a decent tape to aux player.

Fm transmitter is a little different. It hooks up to your phone directly then sends an Fm signal which you can pick up with the radio. I'd rather go the wired route....

Posted via CB10
    The OP mentioned that they had a CD player and didn't mention a tape deck, so I don't think that option is available to them. I have used one in the past and it works well, I prefer the FM transmitter since you can take it in pretty much any vehicle.

04-22-13 05:29 PM
    Try the BlackBerry VM605 headset. Works a charm! Been using it for 3 years with no issues

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 05:33 PM
    This is what I use...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000077.jpg 
Views:	514 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	153946

Posted via CB10
    That's a very clean Focus, mine is so rusted!
    04-22-13 05:35 PM
28 12