I'm not sure if client is the right word but I have a hotmail.co.uk account and when setting up my email and pressing advanced set up, it gives me a list to use for eg, Gmail, outlook, Microsoft exchange active link, etc.

Which one is compatible for Hotmail and which one will give me the best battery usage as after the new update my performance has been disappointing lately.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 02:46 PM
    Bump

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 03:15 PM
    Hotmail = outlook? So select outlook. When you have a Gmail account you need to select Gmail, etc.

Posted via CB10.1 Q10
    02-02-14 03:18 PM
    What about the imap, pop and active sync options? By default my phone most probably goes straight to outlook but will one of those 3 improve my battery life?

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 03:28 PM
    What about the imap, pop and active sync options? By default my phone most probably goes straight to outlook but will one of those 3 improve my battery life?

Posted via CB10
    Improve? Probably not. I'm not familiar with it but as far as I know, battery life is affected by refresh rate (how many times it loads new mails). So I don't think it would matter. You can experiment with it though.

Posted via CB10.1 Q10
    02-02-14 04:03 PM
    Just set the refresh rate to manual. Saves a TON of battery.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 04:06 PM
    I'm not sure if client is the right word but I have a hotmail.co.uk account and when setting up my email and pressing advanced set up, it gives me a list to use for eg, Gmail, outlook, Microsoft exchange active link, etc.

Which one is compatible for Hotmail and which one will give me the best battery usage as after the new update my performance has been disappointing lately.

Posted via CB10
    There's no need to go the advanced route with Hotmail. Just go with the wizard. It will set it up for your account, as EAS (Exchange Active Sync). After, you can edit to change the sync time frame, which folders to sync.

As to the battery life -- after the upgrade, your device won't be getting it's best duration until it finishes indexing all the files, etc. It can take 2 or 3 days. Sometimes more if you're heavy on apps and media.
    02-02-14 06:02 PM