There seems to be a lot of negative threads popping up. How about we start defining the good traits of the recent update.

1) The best one I think is the bubble cursor. EXTREMELY user friendly.

2) The next would be remote BlackBerry Link.

3) The next would be the "avoid traffic" in the routing option.

What are your favorite 10.1 features-img_00000070.png
    What are your favorite 10.1 features-img_00000067.png
    What are your favorite 10.1 features-img_00000077.png
    What are your favorite 10.1 features-img_00000085.png

HDR comes useful for scenes when you are trying to take a picture when there is light behind the object.

Posted via CB10
    imcurved likes this.
    05-15-13 12:28 PM
    I never found the bubble cursor very effective, as putting my finger on the cursor would often block the text I was trying to correct.
    05-15-13 12:35 PM
    I too like the halo cursor.
    The traffic was there in 10.0 cause I had it turned on previously.
    But for the most part, my Z10 ran well with the last OS, so technically there was no need to upgrade for myself. Except for the part that I wanted the latest and greatest software on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 12:39 PM
    I never found the bubble cursor very effective, as putting my finger on the cursor would often block the text I was trying to correct.
    You tap it right....?
    Tap left, tap right, tap bottom, tap top to go in increments of one line.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 12:43 PM
    I'm now on 10.1 but I can't find the HDR feature when opening the cam?!

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 01:43 AM
    HDR is one of my favorite features. It works awesome. Just open camera and hit options on bottom right. You will find HDR in the "shooting options". There is also a drop down setting to save both the regular jpeg and hdr rendition of the photo you take. This was helpful in seeing the difference.

Posted via CB10
    slade632 likes this.
    05-16-13 01:47 AM
    There were issues with phone numbers in 10.0. You couldn't click on them and dial or copy to be added them to contacts for example. Then there was issue with copy pasting text in WI-FI password box. Generally these keys are way longer to be typed manually. All of this and much more has been fixed in 10.1 so I am happy.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 01:50 AM
    Awesome. Found it thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 01:51 AM
    I've mentioned these in another thread but here are a few things I like a lot with the upgrade:

Improved keyboard and the green highlights. I find I am using the predictive text way more and it is working better for me. I too like the larger circle for editing.

The redesigned calculator.

The reorganisation of My World which separates apps and games.

The overall smoothness seems to be improved.

I'm sure there are other improvements but these stand out for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 02:17 AM
    In addition to the above:

1. Ability to set the sync period for more than 30 days (although I still need to figure out how to do this on my BES account with our IT department)

2. Shift backspace key that does what the delete key would do on a PC

3. Keyboard responsiveness and predictability seems to be further improved

4. Possibility to customize alerts

5. Skype

About the feature to see the files on my Mac from my Z10, I only see a blank screen. So I have to do anything on my Mac? Open BlackBerry Link and adjust a setting somewhere?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 06:14 AM
    2. Shift backspace key that does what the delete key would do on a PC
    I love this. In the first OS it was there but it was buggy.

About the feature to see the files on my Mac from my Z10, I only see a blank screen. So I have to do anything on my Mac? Open BlackBerry Link and adjust a setting somewhere?
    Not sure about this. Try disabling the firewall to see if it has anything to do with that. If that doesn't work then it could be a port forwarding issue.

It works flawlessly on my Windows 7.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 07:13 AM
    When you go to change music tracks with the volume buttons, you no longer have a long delay. On 10.0 I would sometimes skip 2 songs because I didn't think it registered.
    vgorous likes this.
    05-16-13 07:18 AM
    ....About the feature to see the files on my Mac from my Z10, I only see a blank screen. So I have to do anything on my Mac? Open BlackBerry Link and adjust a setting somewhere?

Posted via CB10
    From what I've read link needs to be open and your firewall has to be off to allow access, you can try exceptions but it seems to me from others posts that it doesn't work

Posted via Sega Genesis
    05-16-13 07:56 AM
    I love being able to access my home computer though File Manager. I have my external hard drive plugged into my iMac and have access to 700 gigs of movies and TV shows while I'm on the go.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 10:04 AM
    I meant 700 mb...

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 10:05 AM
    haha nice typo..... The RIAA will be contacting you shortly.
    05-16-13 12:24 PM
    The cursor is my favorite addition it works a lot better and doesn't lag anymore.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 12:29 PM
    From what I've read link needs to be open and your firewall has to be off to allow access, you can try exceptions but it seems to me from others posts that it doesn't work

Posted via Sega Genesis
    Many thanks! The firewall on the Mac was the problem. The wireless interface is incredibly fast to navigate and copy files and back and forth. Impressive. My issue is that I can't let the firewall off all the time. I put BlackBerry Link on the exception list but it doesn't work. Well I'll have to live with toggling it on and off on my Mac when I want to use this feature. Thanks again!
    05-16-13 06:44 PM
    Not sure about this. Try disabling the firewall to see if it has anything to do with that. If that doesn't work then it could be a port forwarding issue.

It works flawlessly on my Windows 7.
    Posted via CB10
    Thanks to you too!
    05-16-13 06:44 PM
    The traffic was there in 10.0 cause I had it turned on previously.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not talking about 'show traffic'
    I'm talking about that when you start navigation with a destination, you can actually select in your routing options to avoid traffic. You know those options when you want to avoid highways, toll roads and such. Well, traffic is in that list now.

10.1 didn't have it, and I'm not even sure if any other nav app have that?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 10:41 PM
    May I please ask if 10.1 has the ability to create groups for emails and text messages? Right now you have to add each person individually and when you are coaching a softball team that is several names and you always have a chance of forgetting someone.
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 10:47 PM
    Also, may I ask if 10.1 supports auto off and auto on?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 11:02 PM
    May I please ask if 10.1 has the ability to create groups for emails and text messages? Right now you have to add each person individually and when you are coaching a softball team that is several names and you always have a chance of forgetting someone.
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Hey I just tried looking for it but no luck.

If I could suggest one thing. If you don't have anyone in favourites, you should add them in there. When you compose an email, you can select multiple email, so just highlight everyone in your favourites.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 11:05 PM
    Also, may I ask if 10.1 supports auto off and auto on?

Posted via CB10
    Dunno what you mean by that. Scheduled restart? Then no.

But I read a lot that a few do have restart, unscheduled though lol.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 11:07 PM
    My favorite thing about 10.1 is the rush that I felt while I was doing the update!

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 11:21 PM
33 12