Why the **** don't they make any good advertisements, that's if they make any. The new BlackBerry 10 devices are extraordinary. The OS might be a bit dull, it might lack some important apps but overall this OS saves you SO much time you can do everything right from the search only. Normal people on YouTube make better advertisements for the z10 than BlackBerry itself. The z30 is coming out really soon here in uae and I don't even see any ads it's unbelievable, no one even knows about this new phone and its literally the best. Best of luck BlackBerry! (Fairfax)

Posted via CB10 Z10 STL 100-01, OS 10.1 MR, Etisalat, UAE
    Fnen90 likes this.
    09-27-13 04:08 PM
    I agree completely, I had already told that here in Brazil there is not any kind of advertisements in the news paper, television or even in websites, the Z10 it's just amazing and the Z30 must be for sure, but if there's no campaign (just the BlackBerry's name at F1 car), that must cost some millions for the whole season, we really can't understand!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 04:19 PM
    I agree completely, I had already told that here in Brazil there is not any kind of advertisements in the news paper, television or even in websites, the Z10 it's just amazing and the Z30 must be for sure, but if there's no campaign (just the BlackBerry's name at F1 car), that must cost some millions for the whole season, we really can't understand!

Posted via CB10
    I just hope Fairfax buys the company, improves it and actually starts marketing their devices very well. These devices are the best ever.

Posted via CB10 Z10 STL 100-01, OS 10.1 MR, Etisalat, UAE
    09-27-13 04:22 PM
    Shhhhh....Blackberry.....s e c r e t....

Trusted Member Genius
    09-28-13 12:21 AM
    Ask TH or PW.
    09-28-13 05:06 AM
    The problem with BlackBerry is that they never had to advertise or market before. They had the ONLY real smartphone for a long time and they didn't even know how to run a business.

They didn't know how to deal with competition and they were as arrogant as arrogance can be. The founders made a ton of money, but once Apple hit the scene with the iPhone, that was the death-bell for BlackBerry. They had no idea how to actually run a business. It's easy when you're the only one on the planet with a product -

They still haven't changed their ways or philosophies - and that's why they're dying.
    Fnen90 and FF22 like this.
    09-28-13 05:51 AM
    Same question here in NYC...You have to see the "Section" on the TmOBile stores in the Bronx and Manhattan...it so small that you only see iPhone, Nokia, Galaxy4 and HTC ...idk why man....like... WHY !?
    09-28-13 05:58 AM
    if blackberry many more apps in appword..he is the best phone in the market
    09-28-13 06:04 AM
    Their philosophy and approach to selling is incorrect, which is what has landed them in this position.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 06:50 AM
    They are, in my eyes, victims of their own legacy. Operating procedures that were poor to begin with but that they are stuck with. A good shakeup would help them tremendously.
    09-28-13 06:55 AM
    I think blackberry need to appeal to the normal day today user as well as business. Because if blackberry is a business phone why would it need social apps anyways? Needs to change how it's phone is advertised to appeal to everyone.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 07:05 AM
    They don't have the cash or savvy to compete in this landscape. Cash reserves are dwindling daily due to continuing operating losses. It's going to take some very deep pockets and a lot of marketing to survive - and at this point, their survival remains questionable. Chances are not great...as it's not worth more than it's assets. There's no goodwill or value in the brand. If you look at the proposal to purchase/ takeover, it's evident that the hardware is worthless and it's only the patents and OS that have any value. They have already recorded billions in losses over the past few years and you can only do that for so long before you're done. They're not far away from that. If they don't get sold within the next few months to some players with very deep pockets and a lot of business sense, they will go away. There's little dispute over that. Emotions aren't going to make the company worth anything more than it is today.

They lost a billion in this last quarter; they only have 2.6 left in reserve. That won't last long at the burn rate they're experiencing now (less than a year at the current rate of burn). I'm not sure why Fairfax sees there, but I'm guessing they see some opportunity, or they feel that there's a quick buck to be made by buying the assets and piecemealing them off.
    Last edited by FBA; 09-28-13 at 08:34 PM.
    devin266 likes this.
    09-28-13 07:18 AM
    Yeah Mr. FBA unfortunately it seems that you're right, I think that Mr. Pedro also is right, but for sure if BlackBerry doesn't find another buyer or investor, necessary things/changes will not happen and so the future of this great company will be just history.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 08:26 AM