I am thinking why blackberry went ahead to manufacture so many z10 devices without much consideration of the consequences. If I am the ceo, I probably will not manufacture that many z10 instead, ill use the remaining money on better specification, hardware, camera quality, better radio chips for fm miracast.

What do you guys think of it if you were the ceo?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 07:09 AM
    I'd make sure I was in the appropriate forum, to start.

Start off with humor, 'cause there's way too many uptight folks in the world, these days.
    10-13-13 07:13 AM

Start off with humor, 'cause there's way too many uptight folks in the world, these days.
    Opps... mod please move it thank you.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 07:17 AM

Lmao.

If I was the ceo i would be doing exactly what TH is right now, carve costs down as low as i could package the assets for sale to maximize shareholders value and hope like hell i don't spend the next 6 years in court.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 07:23 AM
    I would dance on cow pies and chant BlackBerry BlackBerry Hoo Ah Hoo Ah!
    10-13-13 07:26 AM
    I would base executive salaries on performance. CEO pay capped at $100k a year and bonuses if any is paid in shares with maturity date of 5 years. Sell the Corporate jets and get all executives to fly economy and stay at Holiday Inn.
    10-13-13 07:28 AM
    I'd do it like a drug dealer, give **** away and get people addicted...

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-13-13 07:51 AM
    Put it for sale.
    10-13-13 07:56 AM
    I'd take my 55 million bucks and head for my future life of leisured ease and never once worry about the employees I'd fired or the once great company I'd brought to the point of collapse.

Oh sorry, I misunderstood the question, I thought you were asking what Thor did...

Me?,I'd be trying to act like a CEO by demonstrating leadership and acting as the public face of my company, instead of doing an "invisible man" impression. You know, something, anything!, that might justify my taking a CEO's salary home every month.
    10-13-13 07:57 AM
    I'd be planning a first class trip to a five star resort to celebrate my early retirement.
    10-13-13 08:21 AM
    Quit?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 08:39 AM
    Hide in a cave.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 08:46 AM
    Learn about the perfect timing.
    10-13-13 08:59 AM
    With out the negative sarcasm< as CEO i would simply disband then separate the company back into a single platform. the problem is blackberry its self, the name the ecosystem every thing.

Dissolve the company and start from fresh with the same QNX but change it back to the old model. The old model was never broken that's why people still buy into it in the emerging markets, make those legacy devices priority, but at the same time wain them over to bb10.

Simply put drastically lower prices to make the legacy device users comfortably switch over to the new one, trade ins and discount coupons for those that want to get the Mid and lower level tir new phones. Once that is established remove the current work force and then start with new ideas that are in development bring to the market faster if every other company can do it then "?" new named company can do it too.

Give people options to get into android with a partnership with Google, to make it simple for integration to new platforms or simply employ them to enable other oses on your hardware. Make the phones better quality to demand the high prices with specs that can compare to this years models and start with budget phones. working your way up to flagship status at a price point that don't break past the 599 per unit of contract eliminate the carriers and sell online, if not limit carriers to low stock levels.

Some of the things i would do as Ceo, and to Thor give him his pink slip and get some one that's there for growth not just for a soft landing when all is said and done.
    Last edited by Unimatrix; 10-13-13 at 09:12 AM. Reason: formated
    10-13-13 09:08 AM
    I am thinking why blackberry went ahead to manufacture so many z10 devices without much consideration of the consequences. If I am the ceo, I probably will not manufacture that many z10 instead, ill use the remaining money on better specification, hardware, camera quality, better radio chips for fm miracast.

What do you guys think of it if you were the ceo?

Posted via CB10
    Honestly, this is a strange question.
    How do companies plan production numbers of a totally new product, that is not (yet?) established on the market?
    Of course based upon what they hope/want to sell, and based upon what their sales department commits to sell.

If then the market doesn't fulfil the expectations, and/or sales is not delivering on their commitments, they run into overproduction.

Nobody voluntarliy produces more than what he believes will sell. This is the fine art of tuning a company's productive output, and sometimes somebody fails in that field.
    10-13-13 09:15 AM
    You have to do things now. I would stop development on all devices except two. Very high end and entry level. I would focus all efforts on a robust software package with strong business tools baked in. Integrate with outlook. Develop a new user interface with TAT and rollout Z15 based on new interface. Finally I would create strong alliances with third parties such as b&w using existing outputs. Create a Co branded ecosystem. That's the first month!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 09:51 AM
    Fire every executive and hire new fresh faces and maybe cherry pick a few from my competition .
    10-13-13 11:14 AM
    Fire every executive and hire new fresh faces and maybe cherry pick a few from my competition .
    nobody good is in Waterloo. nobody good wants to go to Waterloo. the best and brightest, the top talent, is in Silicon Valley and BB can neither afford nor attract them. BB is caught in a negative spiral.

Twitter pays engineer $10 million as Silicon Valley tussles for talent
    By Sarah McBride
    SAN FRANCISCO | Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:34pm EDT

The senior vice president of engineering raked in $10.3 million last year, just behind Twitter Chief Executive **** Costolo's $11.5 million, according to Twitter's IPO documents. That is more than the paychecks of executives such as Chief Technology Officer Adam Messinger, Chief Financial Officer Mike Gupta and Chief Operating Officer Ali Rowghani.

Welcome to Silicon Valley, where a shortage of top engineering talent amid an explosion of venture capital-backed start-ups is inflating paychecks.

"The number of A-players in Silicon Valley hasn't grown," said Iain Grant, a recruiter at Riviera Partners, which specializes in placing engineers at venture-capital backed start-ups. "But the demand for them has gone through the roof."

Stories abound about the lengths to which employers will go to attract engineering talent - in addition to the free cafeterias, laundry services and shuttle buses that the Googles and Facebooks of the world are already famous for.

LORE OF 10X

The hot demand for engineers is driven in part by a growing number of start-ups, venture capitalists say. Some 242 Bay Area companies received early-stage funding - known as a seed round - in the first half of this year, according to consultancy CB Insights. That is more than the number for all of 2010.

Another factor is the increasing complexity of technology. Many in Silicon Valley like to discuss the lore of the "10x" engineer, who is a person so talented that he or she does the work of 10 merely competent engineers.

"Having 10x engineers at the top is the only way to recruit other 10x engineers," said Aileen Lee, founder of Cowboy Ventures, an early-stage venture fund.

Twitter pays engineer $10 million as Silicon Valley tussles for talent | Reuters
    techvisor likes this.
    10-13-13 12:13 PM
    nobody good is in Waterloo. nobody good wants to go to Waterloo. the best and brightest, the top talent, is in Silicon Valley and BB can neither afford nor attract them -
    So you've written off Motorola, a Google company, too?
    10-13-13 12:16 PM
    Wait for 55 million, and go on Holiday!
    10-13-13 12:20 PM
    Google has offices all over the world - probably even in some real sh1tholes. but make no mistake - the big decisions are made and the strings are pulled in Silicon Valley. the "A players" and the "10X" engineers are in Silicon Valley, not canada.
    10-13-13 12:22 PM
    Motorola Mobility is headquartered in Chicago, where there is lots of local talent, and the city is amazing. I would say Waterloo would also lose in a competition with Chicago to attract top talent.
    10-13-13 12:25 PM
    Google has offices all over the world - probably even in some real sh1tholes. but make no mistake - the big decisions are made and the strings are pulled in Silicon Valley. the "A players" and the "10X" engineers are in Silicon Valley, not canada.
    Motorola Mobility is headquartered in Chicago, where there is lots of local talent, and the city is amazing. I would say Waterloo would also lose in a competition with Chicago to attract top talent.
    But if "nobody good wants to go to Waterloo,"why did Motorola go there? Why not go to (or just stay in, if they already have a presence in) Toronto, Vancouver, Ottawa, etc?
    10-13-13 12:29 PM
    But if "nobody good wants to go to Waterloo,"why did Motorola go there? Why not go to (or just stay in, if they already have a presence in) Toronto, Vancouver, Ottawa, etc?
    who knows? but it wasn't in an effort to duplicate BB's results.
    10-13-13 12:38 PM
    There's no more talent at Motorola. Motorola didn't sell itself to Google because it was doing well.

It was unprofitable, and probably still is unprofitable, company and if you look at its lineup such as Moto X, it's only gotten worse since Google took over. Motorola is like Nokia in the Symbian^3 era, when Nokia released its most ridiculously outdated devices relative to its competition.
    10-13-13 01:17 PM
46 12