Are there really killer features coming? My 9700 is still working fine but will upgrade to a 9810 if there is nothing in OS10 that I can use. My 9700 will probably reach the end of its life in about a year - about the time the next generation phones come out.
    03-22-12 12:33 AM
    No one knows really. BB10 is suppose to essentially be what's on the PlayBook, just fancied up (actually feasible for a phone) . If that's true then we'll get ... nothing really. I haven't seen any apps that integrate into the OS so far, so I guess that's it for BerryBuzz, Find My Phone, BerryPopup? Also haven't seen any apps that run in the background so ... guess that's it for dynamic wallpapers and any app that auto-updates information.

As far as I know we're really not gaining anything. It's just out with the old, in with the new.
    03-22-12 01:57 AM
    BB10 phones will be able to upgrade or delete an appwithout bogging down or requiring a restart, for starters.
    03-22-12 03:12 AM
    Thanks, guys. I found out elsewhere here on CB that the first phones will not have a physical keyboard. (Yes, I know everything is just conjecture at this point.) The feeling seemed to be that phones with physical keyboards would probably follow. I have a slight hand tremor that makes using a virtual keyboard almost impossible.
    I thought I had read somewhere a while back that the new line of BB would be "bilingual" in that they could read and use Android apps. If so, that would be really useful. Or was that just on a wish list?
    03-22-12 10:03 AM
    Gave up the Android phone I had because of the virtual keyboard, hope RIM doesn't do the same.
    03-23-12 01:54 AM
    Well as we have seen today on the CrackBerry homepage the browser plays with HTML5 amazingly.
    03-24-12 08:24 PM
    - Not get the little black clock of doom while doing simple tasks
    - Not need a battery pull every time you install an app
    - Not run out of memory to run the OS...
    03-26-12 08:24 PM
    It sounds like it would be worth waiting the year or so until it comes out. I just have to hope a model w. a physical KB is on the model list. Question still would like to know -
    Will BB10 be able to run Android apps? Looks like few people write pure BB apps any more.
    03-26-12 08:43 PM
    Gave up the Android phone I had because of the virtual keyboard, hope RIM doesn't do the same.
    Never going to happen.

RIM made it's name with physical keyboards and the BlackBerry being a device that originated to help enterprise users (email, security,...) I doubt they will stop selling phones with a physical keyboard.

I'm not typing emails on a virtual keyboard, no way and i'm sure others feel the same.
    jamesbondOO7 and Jake Storm like this.
    03-27-12 03:13 AM
    Never going to happen.

RIM made it's name with physical keyboards and the BlackBerry being a device that originated to help enterprise users (email, security,...) I doubt they will stop selling phones with a physical keyboard.

I'm not typing emails on a virtual keyboard, no way and i'm sure others feel the same.
    Amen brotha
    03-27-12 09:38 AM
    The phones will do everything the PB can, even flash, plus everything the current OS does or at least that is what they want.
    03-27-12 10:00 AM
    Never going to happen.

Agree. Touchscreen is pfffttt, that's why there's an entire site dedicated to damnyouautocorrect. That said, keyboard FTW.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    03-27-12 10:39 AM
    I'm looking forward to having Flash on a BlackBerry phone!
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    03-27-12 10:50 AM
    Virtual keyboards frustrate me to no end!!! I hope too that qnx phones come out with a keyboard. I am itching for one and cannot wait for my phone to have the same os as my car.
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-29-12 02:59 AM
    I would not advise you to switch to 9810. I have already used it and now I am really bored of this gadget. You had better do a little more research and get a better phone.
    Qwikhas likes this.
    03-30-12 07:33 AM
    Agree. Touchscreen is pfffttt, that's why there's an entire site dedicated to damnyouautocorrect. That said, keyboard FTW.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    Huh??? Last time I checked, autocorrect isn't only a touchscreen problem.....

The problem is BB has never had a touchscreen interface comparable to iOS or MetroUI, because of BB's physical keyboards, the need to get it up to par isn't as big of an issue. It'll be interesting to see how the new BB phones touchscreen interfaces "feel" when there isn't a keyboard or trackball present (which is rumored to be happening).
    03-30-12 09:53 AM
    I would not advise you to switch to 9810. I have already used it and now I am really bored of this gadget. You had better do a little more research and get a better phone.
    I'm just a basic user - voice, email, a few SMS. Some apps would be nice but not essential. My 9700 is working fine. Just hope it lasts another year until BBX comes out - assuming it has a keyboard. I'd only get the 9810, assuming I can even find one at T-Mobile who has officially dropped it!!
    No one has answered whether BBX will be able to run Android apps. I thought I had read somewhere that's a possibility - but maybe that was just on a wish list.
    03-30-12 11:14 AM
    Big improvement in the underlying OS. It will run in a protected mode so that apps can't crash the entire phone and don't require a reboot.

As far as the Android apps, some work ok, some suck. And then the developers have to maintain the PB(or BBX) builds.

They won't get rid of the keyboard, but it's not to say their first phone won't be touch only. However, with the statement they made yesterday about focusing on business consumers, I can only imagine the first phone will have a keyboard. I still like having a full screen though, but the Torch weight and balance feels off to me.

I wouldn't buy the 9810, buy the 9900 if you are looking to upgrade. And yes, you should upgrade to the 9900 now instead of later, the performance difference between a 9700 and 9900 is night and day because of the new hardware.
    03-30-12 11:18 AM
    I'm just a basic user - voice, email, a few SMS. Some apps would be nice but not essential. My 9700 is working fine. Just hope it lasts another year until BBX comes out - assuming it has a keyboard. I'd only get the 9810, assuming I can even find one at T-Mobile who has officially dropped it!!
    No one has answered whether BBX will be able to run Android apps. I thought I had read somewhere that's a possibility - but maybe that was just on a wish list.
    For now it is supposed to.
    03-30-12 11:20 AM
    I had crossed off the 9900 as a possibility when it came out because RIM decided to downgrade the camera from earlier models so they could make the phone a fraction of a mm thinner. I don't use the camera much, but don't want it to be less functional than the BB models I was using 5 years ago.
    Because of memory leakage I have to reboot the 9700 every 5-7 days. That's the only problem I have.
    03-30-12 11:28 AM
    My BB10 would have little more speed and be subservient to my PlayBook.
    04-01-12 02:01 AM
    "What would a phone with BB OS 10 "DO" that OS 7 doesn't?"

Grab market share.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    berriac likes this.
    04-04-12 11:08 PM
    Flash Player
    Multi Task With killing Apps Action
    More Useful Apps
    Animated Wallpaper
    And I Hope One Day They Add Calls And Video Calls To BBM

04-06-12 03:03 PM
    BB10 is powered by QNX and so is playbook so BB10 will be playbook as a phone I think... We just have to wait and see

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using CrackBerry forums application
    04-15-12 06:48 PM
    Never going to happen.

I swear, if RIM gives up on the physical keyboard, i will refuse to buy another phone. I will be on a hunt for vintage BB's. RIM will be straight up stupid to give it up!!! I'll go crazy... no joke! I hate touch typing... touch navigation is fine but definitely not typing. I write too many emails a day so it doesn't work for me. This is why i love my 9810. best phone. ever.
    04-24-12 10:03 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD