Everytime my Z10 gets choppy, this (android) process is running the background. Does anyone know what this is and what app is causing it?

Calendar Storage
    com.android.providers.calendar

What is this process running?-img_00000221.png

- aBBuser
    08-04-13 06:03 PM
    android calender process. It will run anytime the android runtime has been initiated I think. Its "normal"
    pvphooman likes this.
    08-04-13 06:19 PM
    Got that too! Anyway to disable it?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    08-04-13 06:45 PM
    Umm... where the heck did you get a task manager from? want.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 06:59 PM
    10.2 leaks now have the task manager and no you cant disable it
    08-04-13 07:22 PM
    Umm... where the heck did you get a task manager from? want.

Posted via CB10
    You can get it from BlackBerry World. Just search for task manager.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    08-04-13 09:54 PM
    You can get it from BlackBerry World. Just search for task manager.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Yes, it's called Taskmanager by amitgosh.

- aBBuser
    08-04-13 10:19 PM
    I thought OS10 hasn't got background running app feature yet. Or is it only run when you are using certain app, and it will be forced to close if you close the app?

Also, about the task manager, can it close running app or prevent certain app to run in the background? Or is it only showing what apps are running?

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 10:26 PM
    ironically enough the android runtime does allow headless apps in some cases
    08-04-13 10:32 PM
    I thought OS10 hasn't got background running app feature yet. Or is it only run when you are using certain app, and it will be forced to close if you close the app?

Also, about the task manager, can it close running app or prevent certain app to run in the background? Or is it only showing what apps are running?

Posted via CB10
    Android apps can run in the background. They can run processes without the app being open. Taskmanager allows you to kill the process but some will reload again.
    Bad news for battery and also privacy since some android apps only work with full permissions. Skype (preview) downloaded from BlackBerry World will run in the background and has microphone and camera permissions!

- aBBuser
    08-04-13 10:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    This task manager (not to be confused with the one in the 10.2 leaks) is specifically designed to identify and close the poorly coded android ports that appear to have been closed but are actually still running in the background. I've used it to ID those apps and ditch them.

And, I think Matt is correct that the "calendar" is via the Android runtime process. After a hard reset, I've opened this task manager to find this running. I don't think any android port is likely to be able to start itself.
    08-04-13 10:37 PM
    This task manager (not to be confused with the one in the 10.2 leaks) is specifically designed to identify and close the poorly coded android ports that appear to have been closed but are actually still running in the background. I've used it to ID those apps and ditch them.

And, I think Matt is correct that the "calendar" is via the Android runtime process. After a hard reset, I've opened this task manager to find this running. I don't think any android port is likely to be able to start itself.
    Thanks. You're right it seems like it's part of the BlackBerry OS and it's normal.

I've found some ports to load processes on their own. Try the Skype app from World. Even after a hard reset the Skype process pops up in Taskmanager.
    I can name a bunch of sideloads too...Simpsons tapped out, Voxer, to name a few. They would run processes on their own.

-aBBuser
    Last edited by pvphooman; 08-04-13 at 11:25 PM.
    08-04-13 10:46 PM
    Interesting. Thanks for the info guys. No wonder I ran out of FUP so quickly.

*is deleting apps installed. Will reinstall once BlackBerry give me more detailed permissions setting before they officially let headless app in.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 10:59 PM