Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I just got a copy of VLC (an Android Video app). But it appears to scan only internal memory for files. But it has a Preference Screen for specifying alternate folders.

Anyone know the string or what we use to call PATH to specifying the SD Card. I've seen various terms for the SD card.

For example in the browser you can look for

file:///accounts/1000/removable/sdcard/

And it will open the sd card. But I've seen other "names" for the sd card.

Anybody?

edited to add:

I think it is the above string as

accounts/1000/removable/sdcard/videos

Although it appears that vlc does not like diving further into the subfolders under Video.
    Last edited by F2; 02-19-14 at 11:18 AM.
    02-19-14 10:53 AM
    try this.
    \\yourz10'sname\removable_SDCARD
    amarkj likes this.
    02-20-14 08:20 AM
    /accounts/1000/removable/sdcard would be the path from a native app but since this is an android app it will be looking for the path as an android device would specify it. This is typically /storage/sdcard0 or /storage/sdcard1.
    02-20-14 10:30 AM
    /accounts/1000/removable/sdcard would be the path from a native app but since this is an android app it will be looking for the path as an android device would specify it. This is typically /storage/sdcard0 or /storage/sdcard1.
    Addon to your answer (thanks by the way):

On my phone it had two default paths, one labeled internal memory, another with some seemingly random numbers/letters which I found out was the SD card. And that name/token for the sd-card, is within the directory "/storage/" as has been mentioned.

So, since my SD card was named "5B9C-0AE6" (yours is most likely different), and I have my iTunes Media folder stored on this sd card and wanna link it to the VLC file so it knows where to look for my music (and not through the entire 256gb low speed sd card), I added the path "/storage/5B9C-0AE6/Music".
    06-22-19 03:31 PM
    Addon to your answer (thanks by the way):

On my phone it had two default paths, one labeled internal memory, another with some seemingly random numbers/letters which I found out was the SD card. And that name/token for the sd-card, is within the directory "/storage/" as has been mentioned.

So, since my SD card was named "5B9C-0AE6" (yours is most likely different), and I have my iTunes Media folder stored on this sd card and wanna link it to the VLC file so it knows where to look for my music (and not through the entire 256gb low speed sd card), I added the path "/storage/5B9C-0AE6/Music".
    Great info, it's just a shame this post is over 5 years old, I guess the OP has moved on by now.

Posted via CB10 using my Classic running 10.3.3.3216
    06-24-19 11:10 AM
    And in case anyone else stumbles across this thread:

The path for Android apps to see your SD card is actually:

file:///mnt/sdcard/external_sd

You can of course specify a Music folder or similar from there.

It is also possible to get Android apps to actively use your SD card as storage.
    06-27-19 04:21 AM