09-27-13 07:25 PM
51 123
tools
    If that the case, there must be another alternatives founded.
    09-27-13 03:31 AM
    If there was no sideloading then I will downloading, backloading or frontloading

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 03:38 AM
    I wouldn't have this phone seriously.

I live my z10 but side loading is very important.

My Pnc bank app works great.

I have almost every app I need.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 05:09 AM
    I would. All that I've sideloaded (Instagram, Flipboard, Words With Friends) I can get on my iPod touch. No big deal to me.

I still feel that BlackBerry 10's browser is better, as is its keyboard and overall experience. Can't imagine having anything else.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 05:37 AM
    I bought it not knowing you can sideload, I did it because I've loved my 9800 despite it got stuck rebooting every 2 moth but fixing it made me learn BlackBerry is more than a phone with FB and Google search. Now I have more than 64 sideloads that I hardly use but I do just to show off to android and IOS users who live for APP surfing.

Posted from the best mobile device Z10 10.2.0.1443
    09-27-13 06:47 AM
    Yes I would still NO worries if there's no sideloading
    09-27-13 06:58 AM
    The z10 and bb10 devices as a whole would be pretty boring devices without side loading at least. I definitely would have got rid of mine if this wasn't an option..

And I absolutely love this phone too

Posted via CB10
    Mel25 likes this.
    09-27-13 08:27 AM
    I would. All that I've sideloaded (Instagram, Flipboard, Words With Friends) I can get on my iPod touch. No big deal to me.

I still feel that BlackBerry 10's browser is better, as is its keyboard and overall experience. Can't imagine having anything else.

Posted via CB10
    Nd thats enough to keep u on the platform? Wow

Posted via CB10
    Mel25 likes this.
    09-27-13 08:40 AM
    Nd thats enough to keep u on the platform? Wow

Posted via CB10
    So it's okay for people to say not having instagram keeps them away from the platform but not okay to say a great browser and keyboard keeps then with the platform?

Posted via CB10
    bradu1 likes this.
    09-27-13 08:44 AM
    Background, I switched from Nexus 4 to Q10 for work. I thought side-loading Android apps would be my saving grace. Did it. The experience was half-baked. It was decent, but not the same on both performance and features. So now, just living with the stock and BB native apps. I was wasting too much time consuming media on Nexus 4 anyways.
    09-27-13 09:01 AM
    I side loaded one or two apps on my PB so it's not a big deal for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 09:06 AM
    I've side loaded about a dozen or so apps, most of which I've since deleted. The few I still have are really nice to have available (the Evernote side load is one that I still frequently use), but they weren't deal breakers.

Side loading didn't influence my decision to purchase the Z10.
    09-27-13 10:34 AM
    When I was looking at phones to upgrade to after my 9900 my first thought was either a z10 or q10 but the one app that I wanted was a legit video chat app where I could video chat with family out if town. All other sideloaded apps would have just been a plus which they definitely are. Although I just needed Skype I must admit that having an android experience on top of a stellar blackberry experience is just great.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 11:06 AM
    So it's okay for people to say not having instagram keeps them away from the platform but not okay to say a great browser and keyboard keeps then with the platform?

Posted via CB10
    Instagram is one of many apps holding BlackBerry back imo.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 12:43 PM
    Instagram is one of many apps holding BlackBerry back imo.

Posted via CB10
    No thanks to executive assholes.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 12:47 PM
    I was just sitting down and thinking to myself what if you couldn't sideload apps on the z10? Would you still get a z10? I've been a blackberry user for the past 5+ years and to be completely honest with you guys I don't know If I would have purchased it. Ultimately the addition of Skype is what gave me the push to get the z10. I take nothing away from the device I am a proud user of this phone but would some of you guys still be a proud user if the option of sideloading wasnt possible? Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    I never side loaded anything but I am happy as a pig in a mud with my Z10 "as is" and you would have to pry it out of my cold hands to take it away from me. The present assortment of apps in BlackBerry World is totally sufficient for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 12:53 PM
    I have Instagram sideloaded, and IMDB. If I couldn't sideload I would get IMDB from their Web site.

So no. Sideloading isn't important to me. My Z10 is awesome just the same.

I also avoid most Android applications in BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 02:11 PM
    I bought my phone not planning to sideload, but now that I have gotten the hang of it, I do have several SL apps.
    Gave my husband a Z10 last month, and he hasn't needed any SL apps as of yet.
    09-27-13 02:34 PM
    I would probably still have purchased the Z10. Only sideloaded apps i currently have are Instagram and Snapchat. Besides that I'm not missing out on anything. Once the official 10.2 release comes out I'll probably sideload Vine and that's it.
    09-27-13 02:37 PM
    I don't side load, and I came from Android. I spent 120$ on android apps, switched to BB, and haven't really given a **** or missed it.

And it's incredibly surprising, I thought maybe I'd miss all those key apps, but realistically it probably enhanced my quality of life by not having those apps. I feel more productive in my phone and not like I'm just trying to waste time or something, so I also use my phone less.

I live life off my phone for a little longer and that isn't a bad thing. I realized I don't like looking at other people's lives when I should be reflecting upon mine and living my own life. Blackberry is unique in that regard and I'd like to not contaminate that experience with a side load of those applications.

Posted via CB10
    I like the way you think BaconCheddar.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 02:56 PM
    Makes no difference to me I don't side load anything. Don't have the need.
    Same here.
    09-27-13 03:00 PM
    Shame on Thorsten for broken promises. Kind of sad when users have to hack their phone just to get top apps that were promised to come.

Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    09-27-13 04:49 PM
    Shame on Thorsten for broken promises. Kind of sad when users have to hack their phone just to get top apps that were promised to come.

Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    And shame on samsung for making their users hack their phones to not have a laggy experience.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 05:03 PM
    And shame on samsung for making their users hack their phones to not have a laggy experience.

Posted via CB10
    For once I agree with bradu. Samsung and their gadget spam. Having said that, I do have a Galaxy Tab 3 and haven't had any complaints so far.
    09-27-13 07:18 PM
    I've never sideloaded and never will. If it not from BBWorld my Z10 can't have it.
    09-27-13 07:22 PM
51 123