I was just sitting down and thinking to myself what if you couldn't sideload apps on the z10? Would you still get a z10? I've been a blackberry user for the past 5+ years and to be completely honest with you guys I don't know If I would have purchased it. Ultimately the addition of Skype is what gave me the push to get the z10. I take nothing away from the device I am a proud user of this phone but would some of you guys still be a proud user if the option of sideloading wasnt possible? Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 07:11 PM
    I still would. I have side loaded because it's there but even it wasn't, I wouldn't care all that much.

Posted via CB10
    SchmoopieRawks likes this.
    09-26-13 07:12 PM
    Like sideloading or Android runtime?

I used to side load only Instagram but deleted it when I got an Android. Not a big Instagram user. Other than that, I personally haven't side loaded anything.

Yes. I would still get the phone without sideloading. Just waiting for Flipboard now.
    09-26-13 07:16 PM
    Never cared for sideloading; and still not a big fan. I only sideloaded two bars files, deleted one, and too lazy to hook up the USB cable to delete the other. But I haven't touched it since the day I sideloaded it.
    09-26-13 07:23 PM
    I probably wouldn't to be completely honest. As much as I hate to say it, I enjoy instagram and snap chat.

Personal preference of course!
    09-26-13 07:32 PM
    I don't side load, and I came from Android. I spent 120$ on android apps, switched to BB, and haven't really given a **** or missed it.

And it's incredibly surprising, I thought maybe I'd miss all those key apps, but realistically it probably enhanced my quality of life by not having those apps. I feel more productive in my phone and not like I'm just trying to waste time or something, so I also use my phone less.

I live life off my phone for a little longer and that isn't a bad thing. I realized I don't like looking at other people's lives when I should be reflecting upon mine and living my own life. Blackberry is unique in that regard and I'd like to not contaminate that experience with a side load of those applications.

Posted via CB10
    ewakil12 and Balti43 like this.
    09-26-13 07:45 PM
    I still would, and developers would be missing a way to test apps on their phones without having to wrangle BB World.
    09-26-13 07:50 PM
    To be honest with you I might not have bought my Z10 but after experiencing the sheer speed and efficiency of bb10 I really can't think of any other phone as a daily workhorse!

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    09-26-13 07:52 PM
    I can agree with that.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 07:53 PM
    I am a side loading fool. Love it. Not sure what I would do without it.
    09-26-13 07:54 PM
    Without side-loading I would have probably gone for a Windows phone (and tablet) now, they are the next logical step for me after BlackBerry. Through the Android runtime I have all apps I need available to me, even though half of them are not officialy ported (side-loaded). This means the lack of a side-loading option would cut my Q10's usefulness down by 50% at least. That would be too big a gap to ignore, and Windows (8) seems like the next best thing for what I want to accomplish.
    Thankfully this is a hypothetical question, I do not really have the money to suddenly replace my Q10+PB with Windows devices... :3
    09-26-13 08:00 PM
    I purchased the Q never even planning to sideload. But as time went on and wanting more apps I started to sideload.
    But apps I sideloaded were so crippled it wasn't even feasible to keep them on the phone.
    Especially when tokens start to expire and updated versions of sideloaded apps come out it becomes a nuisance to now delete the old version and load the new.
    It comes to the point that you become a two platform carrier.
    But yes I still would if SL'ing wasn't possible.
    Purchased the 9900 and all other BB's before it and never knew about SL'ing.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by 93Aero; 09-27-13 at 02:30 PM.
    09-26-13 08:10 PM
    For me sideloading is only for fun. It's kinda like hacking my old Motorola's so I could tether them. The apps that I "need" are all available in BB World.
    09-26-13 08:55 PM
    I don't even side load. No need for it.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 08:57 PM
    Sideloading is critical to developers and consumers that know how to use computers.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 08:58 PM
    I have a mac so no sideloading or leaks. Switched from an IPhone 6 months ago, love my Z10 and think 1OS 10 hand's down blows IOS away. I've come to realize I don't need 100 + apps, but instagram and Urbanspoon would be nice.

Keep calm and blackberry on
    09-26-13 09:06 PM
    Yes, still would have bought it. No question.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 09:08 PM
    I have a mac so no sideloading or leaks. Switched from an IPhone 6 months ago, love my Z10 and think 1OS 10 hand's down blows IOS away. I've come to realize I don't need 100 + apps, but instagram and Urbanspoon would be nice.

Keep calm and blackberry on
    Sideloaded all the time with mac. Used Chrome to do so, by far the easiest way.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 09:09 PM
    Sideloaded all the time with mac. Used Chrome to do so, by far the easiest way.

Posted via CB10
    That plus you can load windows on a mac.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 09:10 PM
    Never side loaded even though i knew about it.
    Works just fine for me.

But after seeing what my nephews galaxy note 2 can do im going to compare the z30 and the note 3 before my next purchase.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 09:14 PM
    Makes no difference to me I don't side load anything. Don't have the need.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    09-26-13 09:20 PM
    When I got my Z I never intended on doing any side loading or leaks. Never have, and I'm not to in to computers. Figured it would be difficult and didn't see the need. Only when ATT was holding us back did I finally decide to do a leak. After that just wanted to try side loading to see if that was as easy. Yes it was btw. Side loaded instagram, opened it once and never loaded it again. Eventually I ended up side loading 2 games just so I could get ridbofbmy android tablets since that's all I used them for.

So yes, I bought my Z with no intention of ever side loading. And if it wasn't possible, I'd still buy it.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 09:26 PM
    I probably wouldn't have got my z10 if I couldn't sideload yelp, snapchat, and instagram. Those were deal breaker apps for me and sideloading pushed the z10 over the edge against an HTC one.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 09:26 PM
    I probably wouldn't to be completely honest. As much as I hate to say it, I enjoy instagram and snap chat.

Personal preference of course!
    My sentiments exactly! Especially that last line.
    09-26-13 10:00 PM
    I don't side load, and I came from Android. I spent 120$ on android apps, switched to BB, and haven't really given a **** or missed it.
    It means that you wasted $120 on apps you don't really needed... and BB only made you realized that...

Posted via Z10
    09-26-13 10:04 PM
51 123