What if I use other stores like 1mobile and blackmart instead of snap?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 02:04 PM
    SNAP ties into the Google Play store, so it pulls apps that Google has supposedly vetted.
    1Mobile is it's own store and I'm sure not on "blackmart", so you have to rely on their vetting.
    05-06-14 02:08 PM
    I use the Amazon App store as it gives me the best balance of Apps. SNAP is just not for me like it's not for everyone really as I have found since when I first used it Apps get updated and I can no longer run them unless I install the Google Services. 1Mobile works ok but I have trouble downloading Apps from it as they don't want to connect. Aptoide is ok also and gives a good balance.
    05-06-14 02:10 PM
    Well it doesnt make much difference but its good to have a google playstore in our phone. Snap's app are upto date as compared to other app store. And about amazon app store. I tried to use it once but it asked for credit even for free apps. May be I have done something wrong when setting up my account but still I prefer snap over other store apps.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 02:53 PM
    Meh. I would rather download the apps direct from google play to my phone. No point in using snap for me cause yeah. I just take the apps I want straight from the store.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    05-06-14 04:19 PM
    I just ditched Snap to use Amazon and Mobogenie.
    There is less choice on Amazon but you sure you will never have a problem with the missing "Play Services" as Amazon is trying to exist on his own.

Mobogenie is cool, there is a lot of choice, you can also have music and wallpapers, manage media on your device and all the apps are verified by Kaspersky.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 05:01 AM
    I have all three since it's all free. The problem with Amazon is that they don't always have the most up to date versions of apps and don't push update notifications for their apps. Snap will let you know of updates when you open up the store but 1mobile is the only one that will actually notify of updates via the hub.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 06:36 AM
    I have all three since it's all free. The problem with Amazon is that they don't always have the most up to date versions of apps and don't push update notifications for their apps. Snap will let you know of updates when you open up the store but 1mobile is the only one that will actually notify of updates via the hub.

Posted via CB10
    See? 1mobile smokes other two. You don't even need to side load it? I guess?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 01:57 PM
    Amazon doesn't need to be side loaded either. My only issue with 1mobile is that some of the apps may have malware. I think Amazon only carries the app versions that will run on Kindle

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    05-16-14 02:18 PM
    You really don't need snap on your device. There are websites now that extract the apk from the Web based play store, or their is amazon, 1mobile or mobogenie

Sent from the ocean using my waterproof Z10
    05-16-14 02:50 PM
    I mean no, but you won't get as many apps if you don't use snap. That and snap is a native app where the others are not so the experience won't be as good.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 07:04 PM
    While the BIG guys (google, amazon) may spy on you, you are generally aware of what is happening. I'm not as sure about what goes on behind the curtain on some of these 3rd party sites.
    05-17-14 12:32 AM