What I will be mentioning in this post is strictly based on hardware, not software. This is already assuming that it will have the latest software update at that time of release (if BlackBerry ever decides to make a successor to the Z10). Anyway, this is what I think the successor to the Z10 should have:

Go from a 4.2 inch screen to a 4.5 inch screen without altering the size of the phone.
    Make the phone more ergonomic to hold in the hand.
    Improve upon its use of high quality materials & solid build quality.
    Improve the aesthetic design of the phone.
    Update the internals significantly (as in, make it on the most cutting edge): gpu, cpu, etc.
    Improve camera lens, especially for low-lighting shots. If they incensed the megapixels to at least 12 or something incremental like that, I would be OK with that. If, for whatever reason, BlackBerry doesn't improve the megapixels, as long as the camera lens and its performance is heavily improved otherwise, then it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.
    IMPROVE AND BEEF UP THE BATTERY!! Allow it to make the phone last a full day or two (or even more, if possible). If it's removable, that would be an added bonus but personally if they made it non-removable, for the sake of giving the Z10 v2 an even more incredible battery, then I'd be okay with it.
    Improve the display quality; go full 1080p HD and improve all other aspects as well (color accuracy, brightness, etc.).
    I might have missed putting something, but these are the big points for me. How do you feel, Crackberry world?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 09:07 AM
    Many are saying the Z3 with LTE is the successor of the Z10.....
    07-14-14 09:26 AM
    Many are saying the Z3 with LTE is the successor of the Z10.....
    If that's consensus then it is certainly wrong as the z3 falls flat on hardware improvements over the z10. Only thing it has over the z10 is battery life. But in terms of overall quality the z10 is the better device.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    lazypapichulo21 likes this.
    07-14-14 12:25 PM
    I think leave the Z10 pretty well the same, it's an amazing phone as is, and call it the Z15 with the upgrades.
    Just give the RAM a boost (3GB), a faster dual core processor and a 13 megapixel camera. Oh and a bigger battery... 3000mAh so it won't change the style of the phone too much.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-21-14 01:21 AM
    If that's consensus then it is certainly wrong as the z3 falls flat on hardware improvements over the z10. Only thing it has over the z10 is battery life. But in terms of overall quality the z10 is the better device.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Z3 LTE is more than just LTE. It's using updated specs. At least that's what the rumors say.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    07-21-14 01:48 AM
    The Z10 is 4.2" to make it easy to use with one hand for most people. To make it 4.5" would remove that capability for a lot of people. Personally, I want an updated Z10 with the same screen size.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 03:21 AM
    The Z10 is 4.2" to make it easy to use with one hand for most people. To make it 4.5" would remove that capability for a lot of people. Personally, I want an updated Z10 with the same screen size.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed! No need to change the form factor of the Z10. Aesthetically the phone looks great and might only need some minor cosmetic changes to bring it up to date.

Z10 v2 really just needs updated internals, better battery (2100 mAh removable) and a solid camera. BlackBerry just needs to decide if it's going to be a premium phone or mid-level. That would determine if other special components seen in flagship phones are worthy of also being added to the Z10 v2.

Then market the **** out of that phone! Z10 is the most underrated BB10 device in the lineup today and it can out perform the majority of handsets in its class and price range.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 07:35 AM