Well, I have been a BlackBerry user since the original storm, and recently upgraded to the Z10 about a month ago from Bold 9930. So far I love the user experience of the BlackBerry OS 10. Now to my understanding the OS10 is designed to be efficient and make the user efficient to get things done quickly for example the gesture based UI..the HUB..and so on.
    Now I can't speak for others but I use my phone as a phone obviously, a messaging device, browse the Internet, pulling up doc and some time to edit them, a camera and a music player. Here is one of the things I noticed and I like it to be the same way it was on the BlackBerry prior to OS10.
    So before if I wanna listen to music stored on my phone all I had to do was just to plug the phone using the usb cable either to my car or computer and I would get a pop up message asking me what I like to do, Charge, Media Sync, USB storage. Simple easy. Now on the Z10 I have to go to the settings then storage then click on USB mass storage option so I can pull my music or any thing for that matter from my phone to my car.
    I think the older way was better and more efficient.
    What are your thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 12:25 PM
    I don't have to do any of that. Once I plug in my Z10 (Link running or not) the storage and sd card volumes automatically mount (my computer) and I can drag-and-drop files at will. With 10.1 the remote file access makes this even easier - as long as you're computer is up and on wifi you can do the same thing wirelessly - I poached some CD's from my wife's music collection off of her laptop the other day - laptop was upstairs, I was downstairs watching a movie
    05-22-13 10:20 AM
    As last poster mentioned, it will automatically mount.

Z10 is even simpler! With mass storage mode off, your drives should automatically show on your computer after plugging USB and your phone can use the sd card too. No need to keep changing that setting. Just leave it off and your phone does the rest.

Posted via CB10 & Z10
    05-22-13 10:41 AM
    Yes, you are correct when i plug it in my computer. But it doesn't do the same when i plug it in my car via USB.
    Any suggestions

As last poster mentioned, it will automatically mount.

Z10 is even simpler! With mass storage mode off, your drives should automatically show on your computer after plugging USB and your phone can use the sd card too. No need to keep changing that setting. Just leave it off and your phone does the rest.

Posted via CB10 & Z10
    05-22-13 04:10 PM
    Yes, you are correct when i plug it in my computer. But it doesn't do the same when i plug it in my car via USB.
    Any suggestions
    Ahh, I believe in cases like this you would need to turn on mass storage mode unfortunately...and I agree it could get annoying if you drive a lot.

It would then be cool if that message that pops up stating "device connected to computer" had a little button that would enable mass storage mode during the session. Agree 100%.

Posted via CB10 & Z10
    Aatir Barlas likes this.
    05-23-13 03:08 AM
    I would like to see a "vibrate when in holster" option for the notifications. I'm shocked this hasn't been added yet

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 12:09 PM
    Pet Peeve # 2: Hub should default back to "HUB" instead of the last message. or give me toggle switch so i can choose if i want it to go back to default "all " view after i swipe out of it or if i want it to stay where i last left it.
    by the way i think its ( HUB ) is the coolest feature of BB OS10...i was at a resturant waiting for food, and was checking out facebook when i received an email, so i just swiped right in to HUB to check it...and got a .."woah thats so kool...did u see that" out of the people behind me...hehehe
    05-23-13 03:25 PM
    I would like to see a "vibrate when in holster" option for the notifications. I'm shocked this hasn't been added yet

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree. I really need that function, I miss my 9900 suddenly...

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 09:07 PM