Why is my battery dropping so quick? Any ideas people. Restored some data two days ago. My z10 is brand new. I just restored app data and device data, NOT settings.

What the hell is my Z10 doing?!!!-img_20140203_132940.png

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 07:31 AM
    It always drains quickly right after an update or install. Give it some time.
    02-03-14 08:13 AM
    Ok so I got the phone brand new less than 2 weeks old.

I done a restore 1st Feb.

Since then my battery has been draining quicker than it ever has done before.

Shall I wait a few more days?

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 08:22 AM
    Could be many things. Do a search and you will find your answers.

CB10 via Verizon Z10. 10.2.1.1925
    02-03-14 08:53 AM
    Could be many things. Do a search and you will find your answers.

I do know my stuff.

I'm planning to move everything to memory card and wipe the device and start all over should problems persist.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 09:06 AM
    Honestly that's better battery life than other people haha. But yeah it seems you've taken the necessary steps for this issue. I wish I could help and I hope it gets resolved!
    02-03-14 09:29 AM
    Sometimes takes a couple days to stabilize...
    02-03-14 09:30 AM
    I do know my stuff.

I'm planning to move everything to memory card and wipe the device and start all over should problems persist.

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't recommend you do that. Wait for a week for the phone to settle down. If it doesn't then wipe the device.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 09:41 AM
    Have you shut off permissions to see if one of your apps has become a data zombie under the new OS?
    02-03-14 10:18 AM
    Guys thank you for your replies!

What permissions do I change?

My battery was remarkable until I did a restore.

Think I will wait until the weekend.

My plan is to migrate all the data to the memory card then wipe the device.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 10:55 AM
    I wouldn't recommend you do that. Wait for a week for the phone to settle down. If it doesn't then wipe the device.

Posted via CB10
    Shouldn't take more then 12 hours to, as you say, settle in.

02-03-14 06:30 PM
    My device speeded up dramatically after restoring Settings due to a problem with my text messages vanishing. It created some issues with linked accounts and contacts but the phone is definitely quicker.

If you've taken all of the steps described in these forums to extend your battery life then I'd recommend considering the battery charger pack. Since 10.2 was released I've not had to rely on it as much and I do not touch my third battery.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 06:35 PM
    My BB10 is acting up as well. It was fine till yesterday. I did the latest software update and that the phone is dead. I am not even able to start the phone. I thought the power drained out and hooked up the charger. Once the charger got hooked there is solid red light for few seconds and then the red light is blinking in a particular pattern. 4 sec no light then one blink then after 1.5 sec the red light blinks for 6 times and this pattern repeats. Can anyone help please?
    02-03-14 06:42 PM
    Ok so I got the phone brand new less than 2 weeks old.

I done a restore 1st Feb.

Since then my battery has been draining quicker than it ever has done before.

Shall I wait a few more days?

Posted via CB10
    After every update of the operating system a re-indexing operation is initiated; this is known to cause the battery to drain relatively quickly so you are advised to keep an eye on the battery meter and charge the battery whenever it reaches 5% until the battery drain stabilizes.
    02-03-14 07:00 PM
    My BB10 is acting up as well. It was fine till yesterday. I did the latest software update and that the phone is dead. I am not even able to start the phone. I thought the power drained out and hooked up the charger. Once the charger got hooked there is solid red light for few seconds and then the red light is blinking in a particular pattern. 4 sec no light then one blink then after 1.5 sec the red light blinks for 6 times and this pattern repeats. Can anyone help please?
    Leave the smartphone powered-off for at least 8 hours, preferably 24 hours, and then attempt to charge the battery without using the smartphone until the battery is fully charged. If this fails, contact your wireless carrier and ask to be forwarded to BlackBerry Technical Support.
    02-03-14 07:03 PM
    Is all this battery stuff a load of bull. There are so many suggestions here.

Proudly posted by an Essex Lad with Z10
    02-03-14 07:04 PM
    I don't think you are the only one experiencing this problem. I notice that even when I fully charge my phone (I keep my phone off when I'm at home unless I need it), when I turn it on instead of being at 100, 99 or 98% like before, now the battery is at 96 or even st 95%...just by turning it on...

Today for example I made moderate use of BBM Channels for maybe an hour and used my NY Times app to read a few articles...I was down to about 80% quite fast...

I think that the new 10.2.1 OS update has too many features that suck the battery power too quickly. I guess BlackBerry should have accounted for this. Hopefully they'll soon release a fix because this blows. Especially for people who rely heavily on their BlackBerry devices for communication, social media etc.

Let's be honest, one of the Z10's weaknesses was always the battery. It has the worst battery life from all the models, versus the Q5, Q10 and the Z30. Personally after almost one year of use I would not switch my Z10 for an IPhone or Android device.

Sometimes I have my doubts, but overall for what I need from my smartphone, this BlackBerry delivers.

As a solution, and in general, I would recommend buying either a BlackBerry battery / charger bundle for the Z10

Or better yet get the 2100 MP Mobile Power Charger that was originally released for the Z30 which has a non removable battery. You should be able to buy it at most large retailers, if not order it from the Crackberry Store or BlackBerry online shop. It works wonderfully with the Z10, and you can use your phone while charging it. You can always charge the charger separately or at the same time when charging the phone at home, the office etc. Below I included a link to see what I'm talking about :

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=IECtvwSl

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    anon5993996 likes this.
    02-03-14 07:11 PM
    It takes up to a week after you reset the phone or install an update for the battery to stabilize.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 07:50 PM