Battery life was doing ok from day one, improving daily...
    Then today it suddenly decided to drain fast and die in only a few hours??
    So I charged it again this afternoon, full charge and it has been off the charger about an hour now..
    58% already!!! I have barely used it!
    02-13-13 09:40 PM
    Perhaps you have a defective battery. Take it back. That does not sound like normal battery drain.
    02-13-13 09:42 PM
    How is the service where you are at? Does it occasionally lose signal? When was the last time you power cycled your device?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 09:43 PM
    were u using it to watch videos the whole time?
    02-13-13 09:46 PM
    power cycled...huh

I turned my LTE signal down to HSPA since my house is out of decent LTE range and I have all my bluetooth and nfc etc off...
    02-13-13 09:47 PM
    were u using it to watch videos the whole time?
    hahahaha nope, Just a bit of texting and bbm.
    02-13-13 09:48 PM
    hahahaha nope, Just a bit of texting and bbm.
    Yup, sounds like a defective battery.
    02-13-13 09:53 PM
    OK So I downloaded a battery meter and it was at 61 then and 58 then 57 in a matter of minutes, So i did a battery pull and after it booted up I opened the battery meter and now it says 64!!!!! ?
    02-13-13 09:56 PM
    When was the last time you power cycled the device (shut phone off, removed battery and sim card waited about 30 seconds then re insert sim and battery)?

Also if the phone is going in and out of service that will drain the battery like no tomorrow

02-13-13 09:56 PM
    Get an external battery charger
    02-13-13 09:57 PM
    how about media sharing.... did you happen to turn it on...and left it on? I lose about 50% bat by noon if its on
    02-13-13 09:58 PM
    Ohhh I did a battery pull but didn't pull the sim.
    I turned it from LTE to HSPA (My 9900 was on HSPA) Because I live in the outskirts of the city with spotty LTE, Was that a good idea?
    02-13-13 09:59 PM
    Nope I checked! I haven't turned that on before, But checked in case it got accidentally turned on.

how about media sharing.... did you happen to turn it on...and left it on? I lose about 50% bat by noon if its on
    02-13-13 10:02 PM
    Ohhh I did a battery pull but didn't pull the sim.
    I turned it from LTE to HSPA (My 9900 was on HSPA) Because I live in the outskirts of the city with spotty LTE, Was that a good idea?
    Yes. Where I work I have the same issue my z10 fights to get service. To the point where I'd be lucky to get 6 hours out of it. I started going wifi at work and I'm up to 10-12 hours with no issues.

02-13-13 10:05 PM
    hmmm it went from 64 a few minutes ago to 59 now and I haven't used it at all !!!!!
    02-13-13 10:07 PM
    I did switch it to HSPA a few hours ago, still seems to be draining fast...
    02-13-13 10:08 PM
    If the WiFi hot spot, NFC, and tethering are all on at the same time the battery will go much faster. When I am using the phone as normal, I only have the Bluetooth option active. Email, and everything else is working okay. I found watching movies and using the WiFi hot spot running at the same time will run down the battery very fast.

I also would not rule out a defective battery...
    02-13-13 10:08 PM
    Last time. Its defective lol. Take your phone back, they will give a new phone or a new battery.
    02-13-13 10:11 PM
    Ya like I said, everything is off... All of it!!!
    I didn't use any media at all or hotspot, just facebook, text, bbm, but not even much at all today.

If the WiFi hot spot, NFC, and tethering are all on at the same time the battery will go much faster. When I am using the phone as normal, I only have the Bluetooth option active. Email, and everything else is working okay. I found watching movies and using the WiFi hot spot running at the same time will run down the battery very fast.

I also would not rule out a defective battery...
    02-13-13 10:12 PM
    Drain it fully, recharge it to full and see if it happens again. May be defective
    02-13-13 10:12 PM
    I just don't get why it started doing this so suddenly, it was fine before. The battery was getting better everyday...

Last time. Its defective lol. Take your phone back, they will give a new phone or a new battery.
    02-13-13 10:14 PM
    I just don't get why it started doing this so suddenly, it was fine before. The battery was getting better everyday...
    I had the same issue with my old torch. Was great the first few weeks then suddenly it wouldnt last more than 3 hours. It was the battery, Rogers gave me new one and it lasted me 2 more years.
    02-13-13 10:15 PM
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    02-13-13 10:15 PM
    i tried to get wifi on at work..it helps the battery///the problem is when i got out of office (out of wifi range) the phone heats up..and burns battery. so the wifi management is not good. i can have my wifi ipad mini turned on for days on no-wifi zone and the battery still intact..no excessive drains.
    02-13-13 10:21 PM
    Battery life was doing ok from day one, improving daily...
    Then today it suddenly decided to drain fast and die in only a few hours??
    So I charged it again this afternoon, full charge and it has been off the charger about an hour now..
    58% already!!! I have barely used it!
    Mine has been acting strange also. I listen to my music (no streaming) at work and a few days ago after work it still had more than half life left in it. Then today, it had 25% life left in it. Also, there are times I recharge it and it never fully charges. I do have an extended warrenty on my battery so I may just take it in and get it replaced.
    02-13-13 10:24 PM
26 12