What happens if blackberry go bust!? I have a two year contract with o2 if they went bust for example tomorrow and stopped selling and supporting blackberries what would happen would I be stuck with the phone for rest of two years without an update

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 01:33 PM
    How would anyone here know that.
    Ask your provide, o2.

Fred

What happens if blackberry go bust!? I have a two year contract with o2 if they went bust for example tomorrow and stopped selling and supporting blackberries what would happen would I be stuck with the phone for rest of two years without an update

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 02:02 PM
    This would not happen anyway!

Sent from my Z10
    08-23-13 02:26 PM
    Gee, Fred! That was a fair question. How about being nice? Just because you don't know anything doesn't mean someone else could have info. Next time if you can't be nice, how about if you (a) don't enter the thread, (b) go kick a rock wall really hard so you have a legit reason to be grumpy, and (c) spend some time contemplating what you won't be getting from Santa this year if you don't acquire some social skills?
    Sorry OP. Pay no never mind to the little man behind the curtain. Don't be discouraged from asking a question. I don't really know what would happen, but bet someone will be able to help. Most the CrackBerry Nation are a generous lot.

Posted via CB10 with *Z* BEST!
    08-23-13 02:27 PM
    If BlackBerry "went bust," it would be a while before they were totally gone. There would have to be some kind of transition, they wouldn't just clear the BlackBerry buildings and leave.

Your phone would keep working as always, especially a BlackBerry10 phone, because it's not tied to BIS, just your carrier.

At worst, your contract would be up before BlackBerry was gone forever.

On a related note: BlackBerry should release some kind of statement that stops this kind of speculation. This kind of question and thinking is exactly what BlackBerry doesn't need right now. Nothing wrong with wondering what will happen if BlackBerry goes away, I just think it's funny how people seem to think that one day BlackBerrys will all just turn off or something.
    08-23-13 02:38 PM
    I doubt anything will happen. We might get stuck with a particular OS, because the won't be pushing anymore updates. But the phone itself should be fine.
    08-23-13 02:39 PM
    If they go private, still will be supported. If they're purchased by another company, will be supported, but maybe some changes as to how... if broken up, who knows. At the very least your carrier will support it for remainder of your contract...

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 02:39 PM
    the phone will self destruct.
    Undbiter65 likes this.
    08-23-13 02:42 PM
    Yeah I had no idea if something like this has ever happened before and what did they do. BlackBerry should be fine anyway however the z30 isn't the answer it will never being in more sales I mean the z10 didn't sell so why would just a bigger phone sell better. It's not the phone what's the problem it's the company. BlackBerry left it to late these days everyone just says instantly before looking at phone. BlackBerry are **** instantly before they even see it. There names destroyed already. IPhone and Samsung are just to dominant atm. I still think the z10 is best phone out there but as BlackBerry already have bad name no1 will give them a chance.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 03:15 PM
    Nice, or not, come on. Unless anyone here is:
    1 - From the legal department of o2
    2 - And willing to say anything on a public board about it
    how could anyone else know/say anything ?
    Everything else is just pure speculation on the posters part.
    If the OP is seriously concerned, he would/should do as I said, ask his provider.

Cheers,
    Fred

Gee, Fred! That was a fair question. How about being nice? Just because you don't know anything doesn't mean someone else could have info. Next time if you can't be nice, how about if you (a) don't enter the thread, (b) go kick a rock wall really hard so you have a legit reason to be grumpy, and (c) spend some time contemplating what you won't be getting from Santa this year if you don't acquire some social skills?
    Sorry OP. Pay no never mind to the little man behind the curtain. Don't be discouraged from asking a question. I don't really know what would happen, but bet someone will be able to help. Most the CrackBerry Nation are a generous lot.

WMS Kronus likes this.
    08-23-13 03:48 PM
    Fair or not, the only way that the OP can get an answer here is:
    1- If someone from the legal department is on this board
    2 -and they would be willing to say something regarding their legal position on a public board.

Anything else is just pure speculation on the posters part and pure speculation like that is one way that so many BS rumors start.

So, if the OP is truly worried then he/she should do as I suggested in my original post

Cheers,
    Fred

08-23-13 03:51 PM
    First of all. BlackBerry likely isn't going to go out of business he next 2 years. They Stull have a lot of cash. Even if they sold their company and they were for some reason discontinuing BlackBerry services they would give at least 1 year notice before disconnecting services.

That being said, here is the answer to your question.

BBM would stop working.
    BlackBerry World would stop working.
    BlackBerry PIN messages would stop working.
    Anything else BlackBerry may or may not stop working.

But that's about it.

You will get phone calls, texts, emails. You can side load apps. You can browse the Internet and watch videos and listen to music.

Basically you just can't use BlackBerry services.
    Which honestly, in 2 years, the next big thing is going to take over anyways.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 04:10 PM