I was wondering what happen if in case blackberry shut down the company, as per recent market news really scary and showing no positive sign survive for BLACKBERRY ..

It means our BBZ10 or whatever become just a joke or what happen to them.

I really love my blackberry Z10 I can't see such as legendary phone dies like this way.
    09-22-13 02:00 AM
    Well, firstly, no one knows what will happen. I don't think even those at BlackBerry know for sure.

Secondly, the devices will still work. Your warranty will still be covered. And there will likely be updates seeing that BlackBerry is intent on producing BB10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 02:39 AM
    Most likely it will not happen like that. Blackberry will not just stop working. I know they have some financial issues but if rock hits the bottom, most probable scenario is that some other company will purchase whole Blackberry (like Ericsson become SonyEricsson). When (and if) that happens, even if they stop making new BB phones, company that buys BB will have to do support for several years.
    09-22-13 03:02 AM
    As has been said. Our devices will still work and we will no doubt receive updates and new apps will come available.

I have a PlayBook and new apps are still being released and only last week we got an os update even though BlackBerry announced it was end of life some months ago.

But let's be real. ALL products reach end of life where upgrades are either not available or due to software bloat mean that it would make no sense to upgrade.

I fully expect to be able to use my z10 for a couple of years WHATEVER happens to BlackBerry. I have all the apps I need and it still a fabulous phone - great browser, 4g enabled, great interface.

Would I like BlackBerry to prosper? Of course I would. But it doesn't mean I can't enjoy what I have.

Posted via CB10
    rjpawlak and Keith Atkinson1 like this.
    09-22-13 03:04 AM
    you suggest i should buy Z30 as well , i really like to have both the phones but afraid a bit

As has been said. Our devices will still work and we will no doubt receive updates and new apps will come available.

I have a PlayBook and new apps are still being released and only last week we got an os update even though BlackBerry announced it was end of life some months ago.

But let's be real. ALL products reach end of life where upgrades are either not available or due to software bloat mean that it would make no sense to upgrade.

I fully expect to be able to use my z10 for a couple of years WHATEVER happens to BlackBerry. I have all the apps I need and it still a fabulous phone - great browser, 4g enabled, great interface.

Would I like BlackBerry to prosper? Of course I would. But it doesn't mean I can't enjoy what I have.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 03:19 AM
    Nothing will happen:
    1. BlackBerry is most likely going private
    2. There are no talks of default
    3. After this years models they will just release new models next year.

Cant wait for my Z30...

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 06:08 AM
    3. After this years models they will just release new models next year.

Cant wait for my Z30...
    And your shiny BlackBerry Z30 will be deemed obsolete by management within six months of launch just as is the case with the BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Q10 and Q5 w.r.t. BlackBerry OS 10.2. Anyone who bought a BlackBerry Z10 should receive a cash refund of 50% of the retail off-contract price regardless of whether the person bought the smartphone on-contract or off-contract in light of the recent announcement by BlackBerry management stating the BlackBerry Z10 will be demoted from flagship device status to entry-level device status after barely 6 months on the market. This is worse than the way early BlackBerry PlayBook adopters were treated.
    kaptanp3 likes this.
    09-22-13 06:16 AM
    Are u serious...? it was flagship at the time, so whats wrong? Iphone 4 also became not the flagship device when iphone 5 came out
    And i also have nothing against when my future z30 will become entry level device, i will just buy a new flagship. Its called progress

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 06:20 AM
    And your shiny BlackBerry Z30 will be deemed obsolete by management within six months of launch just as is the case with the BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Q10 and Q5 w.r.t. BlackBerry OS 10.2. Anyone who bought a BlackBerry Z10 should receive a cash refund of 50% of the retail off-contract price regardless of whether the person bought the smartphone on-contract or off-contract in light of the recent announcement by BlackBerry management stating the BlackBerry Z10 will be demoted from flagship device status to entry-level device status after barely 6 months on the market. This is worse than the way early BlackBerry PlayBook adopters were treated.
    And who ever said the Z10 was the next PB?

Posted via CB10 on my Verizon Z10. 10.2.0.1725
    09-22-13 07:40 AM
    Read this: Apple layoffs: Painful but necessary - SFGate

Blackberry is fine.

I was wondering what happen if in case blackberry shut down the company, as per recent market news really scary and showing no positive sign survive for BLACKBERRY ..

I really love my blackberry Z10 I can't see such as legendary phone dies like this way.
    09-22-13 07:45 AM
    They will explode in your hands the moment BlackBerry sells.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 07:49 AM
    Hey guys, BlackBerry still has gas on the tank. Don't forget the company has no debt and quite a few billions cash.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 08:18 AM
    Probably the same that happened to webOS

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 08:23 AM
    Hey guys, BlackBerry still has gas on the tank. Don't forget the company has no debt and quite a few billions cash.

Posted via CB10
    ..... at this point. I think they have less than 1 billion.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 08:34 AM

nobody said that in the first place. blackberry is not shutting down. are ypu really BlackBerry user? or an iphone/android user? coz those people werw the ones who kept on saying that BlackBerry is dying etcetera....

www.InTheEyesOfBlackBerry.com l www.ETC.SoundsFunny.ws
    09-22-13 08:55 AM
    ..... at this point. I think they have less than 1 billion.

Posted via CB10
    They have about 2.6 billion but the burn over the last quarter was half a billion. Hence the layoffs to try and plug the dam. The burn rate is not sustainable and it's driven by poor sales leading to all kinds of negative worldwide press.

Ya the devices will work of they go under. EOL may occur earlier than normal and I expect that BlackBerry will always exist in some form. The realistic view is that they will never be the market and innovation leader that they once were in smartphone technology. At some point in the past BlackBerry made the same mistake auto makers made in thinking they could tell the market what the market wanted. They were wrong.

RIM and their vision from so many years ago, is who we have to thank for the existence of smartphones as we know them. That is part of history that no one can ever take from them. But that is yesterday. They aren't going to be a hardware "player", the market has spoken.

I hope that they carry on as an OS or some sort of innovator.

The BlackBerry dynasty will never again be, there's just too much history now. I'm not concerned as to whether devices will work, but I do think that the future may have me in a non BlackBerry device next time we upgrade taking us away from what we've used for so many years. Also make no mistake, the resale value of these devices will be horrible.

Bottom line, BlackBerry kept marketing VHS tapes while the rest of the world was using DVDs. Sad but true. They've been a big part of our life and business, and they will be until we can't do it anymore.

Presented by Dr. Emmett Brown on BlackBerry Z41
    09-22-13 09:42 AM
    They have about 2.6 billion but the burn over the last quarter was half a billion. Hence the layoffs to try and plug the dam. The burn rate is not sustainable and it's driven by poor sales leading to all kinds of negative worldwide press.

Ya the devices will work of they go under. EOL may occur earlier than normal and I expect that BlackBerry will always exist in some form. The realistic view is that they will never be the market and innovation leader that they once were in smartphone technology. At some point in the past BlackBerry made the same mistake auto makers made in thinking they could tell the market what the market wanted. They were wrong.

RIM and their vision from so many years ago, is who we have to thank for the existence of smartphones as we know them. That is part of history that no one can ever take from them. But that is yesterday. They aren't going to be a hardware "player", the market has spoken.

I hope that they carry on as an OS or some sort of innovator.

The BlackBerry dynasty will never again be, there's just too much history now. I'm not concerned as to whether devices will work, but I do think that the future may have me in a non BlackBerry device next time we upgrade taking us away from what we've used for so many years. Also make no mistake, the resale value of these devices will be horrible.

Bottom line, BlackBerry kept marketing VHS tapes while the rest of the world was using DVDs. Sad but true. They've been a big part of our life and business, and they will be until we can't do it anymore.

Presented by Dr. Emmett Brown on BlackBerry Z41
    I am totally agree with you but maybe you are forgetting something important. People use to like diversity and unique things, despite of a late upgrade to their devices, BlackBerry still being exclusive, especially here in Spain. BB10 is a superb OS, with some superb skills. After 3 months with the z10 and comparing it to my previous devices, Iphone4 and S3, I would say that BlackBerry has a lot to say to the market, because is different and it works really nice. For me is the best OS in the market, just because can be simple o really sofisticated, there are tones of information and things to set up. The price of z10 is what makes BlackBerry the best choice, for me, without doubt. I was very happy with my 9300 at their time and now is the same. Apple has many things to hate for me, first of all iTunes what for me is a big ****. Android is just the last OS I could choose,I would try WP instead.
    Paisley Pirate likes this.
    12-10-13 06:28 PM
    BlackBerry is always dying according to some one. It was dying when I got my 4700, and over the last three years they've been given a year to survive by some. This doom and gloom is starting to sound like a Monty Python sketch. Some day BlackBerry will disappear, just as RIM did. They may go completely out of business, or reinvent themselves, but all current BB10 devices will be obsolete by then, and still providing superior communications for their owners.

If you really want to look for trouble in the handset market look at Android. A couple manufacturers are doing well. The rest are building crazy stuff to try to differentiate themselves in an increasingly saturated market. LG with buttons on the back, and bendy phones. Sony with a $300 camera that needs a $300 phone so it can take the same quality pictures as a $100 straight up camera. And along comes the walking dead from Waterloo doing Android better than Android.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 06:59 PM
    I think BB10 devices are affected more than we think if it ever comes to that

http://nr.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments..._the_trenches/

what happen to BBZ10 / BBZ30 OR Q10 if in case blackberry decide to shutdown the company ???????-img_00001168.png
    what happen to BBZ10 / BBZ30 OR Q10 if in case blackberry decide to shutdown the company ???????-img_00001169.png
    what happen to BBZ10 / BBZ30 OR Q10 if in case blackberry decide to shutdown the company ???????-img_00001170.png

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 07:24 PM
    The world will come to an end on 1st January
    12-11-13 04:38 PM
    The world will come to an end on 1st January
    We can only hope....
    Paisley Pirate and 20degrees like this.
    12-11-13 05:02 PM
    The analysis put forth in that screenshot is bogus.

BB10 is not entirely dependent on BBM in order to function. My BB10 is set up on the corporate (technically, school ) server by means of Active Sync. It doesn't go "through" BBM to get there (except on the phone)

Looks like more hockum / hairy-scary dreamed up to scare people away from BB10 because of - I don't know why.
    12-11-13 05:09 PM