Hi,
    Trying to get support by BlackBerry on a MMS problem I have since I get the phone (z10 stl100-2).
    I was in official version and now I use a leaked one, but the problem still the same. They asked me what version do I use.

Should I told them I'm with a leaked one ? Or what version should I tell them I use ? I'm french, I don't know if that's important about the firmware I should have officially.
    Thanks !

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 09:23 PM
    What is your problem

Posted for my Z30 on CB10
    12-20-13 09:39 PM
    I can receive mms but I get the "general problem " red message when I try to send one.
    My APN are right. I tried security wip or upgrade to a leaked firmware, but the problem still the same

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 09:45 PM
    Have you tried this new leak that's out today. It has seemed to fix a lot of problems for everyone.

12-20-13 09:55 PM
    No I haven't tried yet, I should give a try yes. If I restore my backup after update , am I going to lose android app and in-game progression in these app ?

When I upgrade, should I let the sim card in the phone ?
    Thanks for the help !

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 09:59 PM
    I leave my sim in, I'm not sue on the game question and yes everyone is saying that you can back up via link.

12-20-13 10:01 PM
    OK, I'm going to try when the night end (it's 5am here haha) and give you a feedback. I hope this is going to fix this.
    Thank you !

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 10:05 PM
    No problem it seems like the best OS so far, I've been running for 9 hours.

12-20-13 10:19 PM
    You will lose game saves for anything you have side loaded. Anything you installed officially via BBW, will resume from the saved stage after a restore. Assuming everything works right.

FYI: If you had the problem after a secure wipe (official OS) and after installing a leak, it's probably not going to be resolved via another leak.

Posted via CB from my LE
    12-20-13 10:19 PM
    How could I resolve this problem ? It seems that my carrier doesn't know the existence of os10 (or they don't give a f*ck about my problem), and on the blackberry assistance none of the tips given to solve it, works for me.

Am I supposed to see MCC or MNC fields on the APN settings ? because I can only set APN and URL MSCC (and these are the right one from my carrier)

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 10:32 PM
    You shouldn't see those two options.

APN is also carrier locked in a lot of cases though. And things like books no longer exist.

Dumb question but does BBM work? Maybe your carrier accidentally turned on BIS for you? That can block some out going communications. The other thing I'd try - see if you can borrow a friends phone for a few minutes and try your SIM in it. That would prove the setting is carrier side

Posted via CB from my LE
    12-20-13 10:51 PM
    Before my Z10, I had a Lumia 920 for some time, and mms were ok. And before this Lumia I was on a bold 9900 and it was OK too. Since I get my phone (maybe 2 weeks ago) this message appears. I can use Internet, email, phone calling, receive mms.
    I have to find a BBM friend before I can try this, I'm home alone on BBM haha.

I'm going to try with a Lumia 920 maybe tomorrow if I can grab one. So if mms works on the phone I put my sim card in, that's means the problem is coming from my phone ?

I repeat myself, but thanks a lot for your help !

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 11:03 PM
    No problem,

Yeah if you move your SIM to a second phone and the problem doesn't happen on his phone - we 100 percent know it's either your phone or the OS.

If you move the SIM to a friends phone and the problem happens on the other phone, we know it's either your carrier or the sim card.

You can do the BBM test just to make sure there aren't other problems. But that's where I would start with the SIM swap test. That cuts all the possibilities right in half.

The next step would be harder... if we find the problem is the phone - at some point we would need to backup your phone + do a security wipe. And test using the natural OS that gets installed, without restoring anything. If the messages still fail, we know it's either configuration (not as likely) or a faulty phone where the radio is messed up...

Posted via CB from my LE
    12-20-13 11:44 PM
    OK, I'll try today with an other phone I just need to wait that my friends get up haha.

I'll post here when I got the result, I hope you still be viewing this thread

Posted via Z10 on CB10
    KermEd likes this.
    12-21-13 12:17 AM