3)time shift camera
    4)sleek design and unique -very few people have it atm
    5)BlackBerry Balance
    6) BBM -shared control over BBM video
    7)bb hub/peak and flow
    8) can side load android app
    9) best browsing experience
    10) security

Still not convinced? Get the phone when it is released in your area and play around with it. If you still don't like it then you can return it, but make sure your talk time is less than 30 mins. First hand experience is probably the best way to find out if the phone is for you or not. I am sure you have heard about all the features mention above.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 04:34 PM
    I used to be a BlackBerry user. I loved my Curve and my PlayBook for a long time. But eventually as much as I loved them I realised how flawed they were as devices. My old Curve 9300 was an excellent phone/text device. It was great for note taking and reminders too. Other than that I didn't do anything else with it. I was happy enough with it, till early last year when it started to act funny, with random freezing and reboots. ....
    No random freezing and reboots with my Z10. I upgraded from iPhone, this is my first Blackberry phone. IF you use SMS, email and any other keyboard dependent app, then the reason you should switch is for the touchscreen keyboard. For that reason alone, I switched. It was that important, and YES, the Blackberry touch keyboard is that good! The apps that are missing will come, forget about that speculation, it's nonsense. There are other great unique things about the phone, but for me, that was the deal maker. And over two weeks in, I'm happy with the choice I made. Good luck.
    02-25-13 04:52 PM
    It offers:

- multitasking
    - emails, chats, social networks in one place as well as seperate apps.
    - native (made for the phonee) Video Editing Software
    - native Photo Editing Software
    - Timeshift camera function
    - private messenger
    - private servers for BIS/BES.
    - range of over 15,000 apps.
    - the ability to port android apps.
    - 4.2" sized screen. "The mix between two and one handed use"
    - no keys to get worn, apart from about 3 on the side.

Should I continue?
    You left out the free prostitutes and blow, FYI....
    02-25-13 04:52 PM
    I'll give you a few and they are:
    1)BlackBerry 10 prediction keyboard
    2)New UI
    3)time shift camera
    4)sleek design and unique -very few people have it atm
    5)BlackBerry Balance
    6) BBM -shared control over BBM video
    7)bb hub/peak and flow
    8) can side load android app
    9) best browsing experience
    10) security

Still not convinced? Get the phone when it is released in your area and play around with it. If you still don't like it then you can return it, but make sure your talk time is less than 30 mins. First hand experience is probably the best way to find out if the phone is for you or not. I am sure you have heard about all the features mention above.
    Posted via CB10
    Question regarding the last statement

if you buy a phone and use it strictly for data, can you return it any time as you wouldnt have exceeded the 30 min talk time?
    02-25-13 04:54 PM
    Question regarding the last statement

if you buy a phone and use it strictly for data, can you return it any time as you wouldnt have exceeded the 30 min talk time?
    I'm sure it depends on the carrier. With Verizon, you can return any phone within 14 days I believe.
    02-25-13 05:04 PM
    Not sure about that but I think you have two weeks to return provided your talk time is 30 mins or less. Beyond two weeks if your phone is broken I think you have legitimate reason for returning the product. But to make sure you should ask prior to purchase / entering contract. Gl.
    Btw I have had this phone for almost 3 weeks and still not bored of it yet. My favorite features are predictive keyboard, hub/peak and flow, oh yeah the LED light. Lol.BlackBerry 10!!!

Posted via CB10
    ajst222 likes this.
    02-25-13 05:08 PM
    I have not used Android at all, but I think your best bet is deciding what features you want and seeing your options.

The Z10 can do pretty much anything a modern smartphone can do... so decide on what you need... Unless there is some "make it or break it" feature that you MUST have, you should give it a demo.

Any apps you must have?
    Any specs that are critical?
    Is BBM important?
    Security?

Also will you miss anything you need on Android? Are you heavily invested in the Google ecosystem? Native Gmail, Gmaps, etc...

All these considerations are important. But if you want to break free and feel independent and in control of your electronic life, it is worth moving to BB10 just for that reason.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    02-25-13 10:01 PM
    So an honest question, what does the Z10 offer that would win back users who left BB, like me?
    Whatever the z10 had to do to lure you back, has already be done. You just need to use this thing for a moment, you wont know what to say and will be glad you waited
    02-26-13 03:12 AM
    The honest truth for the op is they should use all devices being considered.
    Don't just take people's word for it, try it.

If you're looking for a great ui, possibly the best and lots of potential, the z10 is great.

If you're looking for what's available here and now, it doesn't come close to the competition, yet

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 04:58 AM
    it's the latest Blackberry
    NOT GOOD ENOUGH!
    After the 9900 disaster hardware, I BBRY will have to earn it's way back to relevance!
    02-26-13 05:24 AM
    So you're saying it took google 10 versions to finally make the OS so it isn't a buggy freezing pile of crap? I guess bb is way ahead of that curve already.
    02-26-13 05:33 AM
    So you're saying it took google 10 versions to finally make the OS so it isn't a buggy freezing pile of crap? I guess bb is way ahead of that curve already.
    There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

Posted via CB10
    brout and jdhooghe like this.
    02-26-13 05:37 AM
    There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

Posted via CB10
    How insightful
    02-26-13 05:49 AM
    You may be interested in reading my own synopsis of the phone. Please keep in mind I am no techie, I use the phone for work primarily so having "all" the apps may not be as important to me as it may be to someone else, but having said that it certainly does need more which is why I started a Facebook page for users to post what they are looking for. Good luck with whatever phone you buy.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-10-a-775819/

Facebook app request page is here:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Black...46057688838892
    02-26-13 05:52 AM
    Hey OP we got where's my water on bbworld and angry birds too feel free to come in hehe

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 06:03 AM
    Its insanely groovy!!!
    02-26-13 06:14 AM
    The UI and multitasking are amazing .

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 10:37 AM
    Thanks for the replies.

If I had to list my requirements it'd be this:
    High quality phone speaker
    Multitasking - the GS3 does multitask, pretty well in fact
    No less than 720p display - I guess as my eyesight deteriorates I'm getting fussy
    PDF and document viewing and editing
    Customisation and personalisation
    High quality camera
    LED
    Expandable memory

Apps I need:
    SkyDrive
    Box
    Adobe Reader
    Docs to Go

Apps I don't need but would badly miss:
    Flipboard
    Pinterest
    Pulse News
    Flow Free
    Flow Bridges
    Subway Surfers
    Riptide GP

I do strongly disagree about the negative remarks regarding Android. I found Gingerbread 2.xxx and Honeycomb 3.xxx to both be laggy and unstable. But they have really improved it a lot. The GS3 is a really smooth device, so is the Nexus 7. I had a Playbook for 12 month and really loved the UI, but I just got tired of the lack of development/support for it and it's buggyness - the keyboard lag in particular. I sold my Playbook in December and got a Nexus 7. The UI is not as cool as the PB, but in pretty much every other way the Nexus is superior in my experience.
    02-26-13 01:33 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

High quality phone speaker Seems pretty good, thought not too loud on the Z10
    Multitasking - the GS3 does multitask, pretty well in fact At the moment the multitasking in BB10 is far inferior to Android, you can't have background processes, no widgets, and you can have 8 running 'active framed' apps, any more and it starts shutting apps down. This may change, but if it's a game changer for you you should hold off until it's clear
    No less than 720p display - I guess as my eyesight deteriorates I'm getting fussy Display's pretty sweet although I have the brightness all the way down to save battery and it doesn't make much of an impression at that level.
    PDF and document viewing and editing Docs to Go means this won't be a problem
    Customisation and personalisation Nowhere near Android or BB7 at the moment, no individual email account sounds, vibrations or LED. No LED customisation that's dependable. It may change, but if it's important for now, be aware you will be making a big step down at the moment.
    High quality camera I personally feel the camera is pretty awesome, as are the inbuilt filters
    LED No customisation yet, though Devcellent has an excellent app out that's working on it
    Expandable memory All set here

Apps I need:
    SkyDrive
    Box Present
    Adobe Reader
    Docs to Go Present

Flipboard
    Pinterest
    Pulse News
    Flow Free
    Flow Bridges
    Subway Surfers
    Riptide GP

Dunno about the rest, sorry. Pulse is for RSS right? That's being worked on but there isn't a dependable one out yet, but a great app is in development, gRSSReader

I do strongly disagree about the negative remarks regarding Android. I found Gingerbread 2.xxx and Honeycomb 3.xxx to both be laggy and unstable. But they have really improved it a lot. The GS3 is a really smooth device, so is the Nexus 7. I had a Playbook for 12 month and really loved the UI, but I just got tired of the lack of development/support for it and it's buggyness - the keyboard lag in particular. I sold my Playbook in December and got a Nexus 7. The UI is not as cool as the PB, but in pretty much every other way the Nexus is superior in my experience.
    Hope the above helps
    02-26-13 01:47 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

High quality phone speaker Speaker is superb and better then i expected, but not too loud
    Multitasking - the GS3 does multitask, pretty well in fact Can let you have up to 8 apps open simultaneously, but 3rd party apps can't run background like the natives atm
    No less than 720p display - I guess as my eyesight deteriorates I'm getting fussy Display is amazing and I think it'll probably be good for your eyes
    PDF and document viewing and editing Can be done in Docs to Go
    Customisation and personalisation This has been locked down a little compared to droid os BBOS7 as you can't costumize leds, set seperate ringtones etc. Is likely to come in future updates due to great demand though
    High quality camera Fairly good imo. 8 mp Rear can shoot up to 1080p and 2 mp front can shoot up to 720p
    LED Has led, but not costumizable
    Expandable memory Up to 64GB external memory possible and there is the inbuilt 16GB and cloud services

Apps I need:
    SkyDrive
    Box Aboard
    Adobe Reader Aboard
    Docs to Go Aboard

Flipboard
    Pinterest
    Pulse News
    Flow Free (Other free alternatives)
    Flow Bridges Aboard
    Subway Surfers
    Riptide GP Aboard

Hope i could have answered your demands
    02-26-13 06:59 PM
    For me, it was a practical decision. I would always keep two phones due to the inadequacies of BIS and OS7. I have a BlackBerry that's exclusively for BBM and international roaming, and a main phone (iPhone or Android) where I do all data-centric functions, just because everything would load faster on a device that doesn't compress data.

Since the Z10, I haven't felt the need to keep another device because it does everything I needed to do on two separate smartphones. It was a cheaper alternative to buying two devices. When people ask me what's the Z10 like, I tell them it's kind of like an iPhone with BBM.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 12:37 AM
46 12