Ok Ok.. the OPs topic is a relevant one, HOWEVER, no one single brand of phone makes a person superior to another. Just as a particular brand of car makes one individual superior to another. That said, I drive a BMW. Not because I'm trying to exude an aire of superiority but because I just like the looks and feel of the machine over that of a Ford or a Honda. Nothing wrong with a Ford or a Honda, and I'm no better than a person driving a Ford or a Honda. It's simply a personal preference and what you can afford. Heck, I'd love to have a porsche but it's out of my price range.

Having said that, I like finer things in life. I like my cars German, my watches Swiss, fine scotch, Sig Sauer pistols, and generally what most people would consider higher end clothes, cars, and gadgets. As for my phone, I'm not afraid to admit I'm looking for something better than apple and android. Something refined and well built. BlackBerry has succeeded in this.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 02:04 PM
    I just pulled my phone out and my sister in law just said "Is that the new BlackBerry? I need that Blackberry". I didn't even use it, I merely pulled it out of my pocket. So my BlackBerry says to the world "I like sexy"

White Z10 and I named her Snowflake

Posted via CB10
    I had to read this two or three times for clarity. I don't know if I'm comfortable with what your phone is telling your sister-in-law.
    03-31-13 02:07 PM
    The opposite of Heaven is a forbidden word on this forum?

Posted via CB10
    H E L L no it isn't!
    brout and bassicmama like this.
    03-31-13 02:57 PM
    Never gave it much thought really. Just want a very good phone to talk on that will also give me gobs of other thingies that will occupy my time between calls. Most out there are good with the thingies.
    03-31-13 03:14 PM
    It tells people, that's there's always something better out there that they don't know about.
    Then, by default, there's somethign better than BB that their users are missing.

It says I'm not a bandwagoner, usually it says I'm a business user or as Thorstein put it a 'hyperconnected power communicator' and multitasker. The phone is for people who want to get stuff done not for those who play candy crush all hours of the day
    The "bandwagon" claim keeps running strong on team BB. But there's a difference between being a lemming and following others just to follow. People left BB beacuse they were stale, not responding to the demands of the market, and no longer offered a compelling product for the average consumer. That's not jumping on a bandwagon, it's moving on to a better product. Some BB fans did that, and are now coming back to the Z10. Some will stay gone.

There are also a large number of very successful people who use iPhone and Android for business purposes, and not for games. The fact that poorly chosen point is still brought up is a great illustration of how the blackberry colored glasses affect one's view of things. Not to mention the fact that with the new OS, BB themselves demonstrated the need for a versatile system that could do both communications and entertainment well. Do you really think they would have bothered to do so if they didn't see the necessity? They aren't pretending that only businesspeople use their devices, or that people only use them for work, so why are their fans?

****, out of my friends alone, I can name Dr's, small business owners, IT/engineers, salespeople (retail, outside and inside) teachers, Non-profit managers, and various other business positions that use iPhone and Android and are all very busy, and very connected.

Hmmmmm it shows I'm not a follower.....all my friends left n lost their respective faith with blackberry....n went to another platform..instead of falling in line like most people I stuck with blackberry and I'm glad I did!
    Standing out in the rain after everyone else goes inside doesn't make you an individual, it just makes you wet. (I don't mean that in a rude way, but staying due to your BB loyalty is no better than trying something new - especially considering the quality of products on the market in the last 2 years.)

I remember seeing an article a year or so back on how this perception is viewed by merchants. The travel website companies found that they could charge more to Apple users because they tended to spend more. So even though some people view what phone they have as irrelevant, others have an illusory stereotype view. BlackBerry owners really don't care about the stereotypes because they are the stereotype... the free thinker, get things done, entrepreneurial, communicating individual.
    Look at threads like this (or tons of others around here) BB users certainly care about the stereotype, they use them all the time. They push the strerotype of other platform users being sheep, mindless, followers, etc. while holding on to the idea they are important "do-ers" because they stick with BB. Even in your own post it's there. A "free thinker" isn't afraid to look at a different platform objectively to see it's benefits, or to look at his/hers and see it's flaws, and then base a decision on that. And they really wouldn't believe that entrepreneurial spirit, and top notch commnuications would be limited to BB users.

Sorry for the rant, but really, with all the issues around for BB, how is this important? It gives a terrible impression to say that you judge someone based on their choice of smartphone. Time would be better spent looking at things that need fixed on the platform and how to fix them. While I don't carry a BB anymore, I would love to see them be successful. Not being a "sheep," I would certainly consider returning to BB if they offered a solution that fit my needs. At the very least, if they make some noise, it will push the rest of the market to keep innovating, and everyone would benefit.
    03-31-13 03:28 PM
    I'd say blackberry defines me as the kind of person that likes to get a lot of **** done in his day and does not have time for games or messing around!

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 03:52 PM
    It says that I'm a badass who carries a pro device.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 04:05 PM
    To me, it says that person is always connected.
    03-31-13 04:10 PM
    That I am different (at the moment) and what others think is not relevant. I do because I can.
    03-31-13 04:15 PM
    Nothing. It's only a phone ...... a great one ..... but still, only a phone.
    My sentiments exactly. It's just a phone! Buy what you like and what suits you at the time. Enough said.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    03-31-13 04:20 PM
    My impression of people using blackberries are that they know what they want and they don't want to change for the sake of other people. They

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 04:30 PM
    Hmm...I like a lot of the sentiments...

Willing to buck a trend
    Need to communicate efficiently
    Desire to be fully connected in real time

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 05:15 PM
    I think it says a lot but yet I not to impressed with this Z10 my old BlackBerry Storm 2 was better this doesn't have as many features for vibrate and notifications
    brettonwoods71 likes this.
    03-31-13 06:22 PM
    It says that that person will overpay for mediocrity.
    LOL.......... BB users are fanatics!
    03-31-13 06:25 PM
    It defines you as a person who has a style and want to be different from the norm.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 06:30 PM
    It says absolutely nothing about me.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 06:45 PM
    I understand the thread starter completely, and disagree with most of you who thinks that this is 'just' a phone. We buy and use things to signal to others what kind of person we are. People who drives a BMW are perceived differently with people who drives a Ferrari or an Audi.

Diasgree with me? Then read this book by Geoffrey Miller. :-D

Spent: Sex, Evolution, and Consumer Behavior:Amazon:Books

That may be true for those that actually think that a piece of technology defines who the are. Frankly, I find that those who feel that they are defined by "things" rather than what is inside of them are insecure and lacking in self esteem. They are generally not comfortable in their own skin. Simply put, I could not care less what anyone "perceives" me to be. I know who I am, and that is good enough for me. My phone has nothing to do with who I am. I like the Z10 for the same reason I've always liked BlackBerry phones. They do what I want and need them to do.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by shaleem; 03-31-13 at 07:57 PM.
    03-31-13 07:37 PM
    Phone don't make the man, the man makes the phone...

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    03-31-13 07:44 PM
    Phone don't make the man, the man makes the phone...

Posted via CB10
    And how is your bag phone working? (I jest)

Steve, Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 09:51 PM
    Owning a z10 shows you're aware of new tech out there that isn't made by Apple.

Posted via CB10 with my Zed 10
    chris8189 likes this.
    03-31-13 09:58 PM
    People would say hey this guy likes to use a blackberry... that's it.
    03-31-13 10:02 PM
    It says I support my local economy
    Lendo likes this.
    04-01-13 06:44 AM
    I own Blackberries, iPhones, an iPad, and Android devices.

If phones defined me as a person I would be schizophrenic.
    04-01-13 07:40 AM
    I always seem to gravitate to and champion the underdog. It's something that seems to happen automatically with me. I bought my Bold for the keyboard, didn't even know Blackberry was the underdog till I later found these forums. Once I found out, it was all over. Now I'm a fierce defender of my Blackberry and proud of it. Go figure.
    04-01-13 08:11 AM
    too funny when a iphone goes off. and the crowd looks at there phones. uhhhhh like a mass of same oooo's. lol! have bb for a while. always will.
    04-01-13 08:27 AM
261 ... 23456 ...