02-07-14 12:28 PM
261 12345 ...
tools
    My phone doesn't define me. I define my phone by what I chose to do with it.

But here's something just for laughs..

bp3dots, SDTRMG, richardat and 4 others like this.
    03-31-13 12:20 PM
    It says I'm not a bandwagoner, usually it says I'm a business user or as Thorstein put it a 'hyperconnected power communicator' and multitasker. The phone is for people who want to get stuff done not for those who play candy crush all hours of the day.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Well said.
    I dissuade everyone from Android. I'm not a big app user. I love the security and encryption features blackberry offers. Best in the business.
    I personally feel that anybody who chooses a device just because it makes them look cool, as opposed to choosing it because it suits them best, is delusional. And doing the same just for the sake of being purposely anti-conformist isn't really any better.

When people ask me for device recommendations, while I do tell them about BlackBerry 10, I always encourage them to choose the one that suits them best. I do, however, dissuade them from Android.

What does having a BlackBerry say about me? It says that I'm a person who has a BlackBerry. (Though that's not to say I don't take a little pride in it, too.)

Wait, you mean Samsung isn't all about Robot Unicorns and stuff?

Posted via CB10
    The z10 is the best, most efficient, productive communication device for business/power users. I think BlackBerry has always had there "Thing" which has been a tool or extension of a business power user.

Posted via CB10
    JMDBERRY likes this.
    03-31-13 12:21 PM
    hilarious. so shallow I can see the sand at the bottom.
    richardat and Berry_Pink like this.
    03-31-13 12:21 PM
    I remember seeing an article a year or so back on how this perception is viewed by merchants. The travel website companies found that they could charge more to Apple users because they tended to spend more. So even though some people view what phone they have as irrelevant, others have an illusory stereotype view. BlackBerry owners really don't care about the stereotypes because they are the stereotype... the free thinker, get things done, entrepreneurial, communicating individual.

Powered by QNX
    03-31-13 12:24 PM
    If I were running marketing at BlackBerry, I would first position the product as a strong emotional experience. Ads and commercials filled with strong emotions, ranging from happiness to sex would be my focus. Also, judging from the super bowl commercial, BlackBerry is positioning z10 for the young male urban dwellers, who are playful (to me, the rubber duckies were a hint on recent childhood) and confident (not loosing cool when the truck looses control) but the target demographic is not clearly defined otherwise. Also, Hally Berry who they hired to be the face if the brand, is a good hint on being black and having a Berry as last name, but the racial positioning is going to be a challenge with her as the only face. The market will get a message that BlackBerry is the phone for blacks, and it will be difficult to reposition the brand for Asian, Latino and Caucasian consumers. I am not sure having a celebrity albeit with a clever name play tied to the brand is a good way to approach the rollout. On the other hand, the company probably understands this, and Hally is not anywhere on the ads, but then again, where are the ads?

Your phone is as intimate an object as it gets, so why not just exploit that fact in advertising? Positive emotional response is what this brand needs on a larger scale. Branding and marketing are not BlackBerry's strong pointa today.

Hire me, BlackBerry, to do some cool marketing for you.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 12:28 PM
    I understand the thread starter completely, and disagree with most of you who thinks that this is 'just' a phone. We buy and use things to signal to others what kind of person we are. People who drives a BMW are perceived differently with people who drives a Ferrari or an Audi.

Diasgree with me? Then read this book by Geoffrey Miller. :-D

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/014311...bUvbUpU8233305

Posted via CB10
    EchoesFX likes this.
    03-31-13 12:31 PM
    My phone doesn't define me. I define my phone by what I chose to do with it.

But here's something just for laughs..

http://techcomic.files.wordpress.com..._2634705_n.jpg
    I can't stop laughing....so true...
    03-31-13 12:34 PM
    people that define themselves based on what device are hilarious .....im all for "Team BlackBerry" and all but come on LOL

OP does have a point though....most people i've talked to seem to only care that their device is the cool thing to have....

*UPDATE*

On 2nd thought, people define themselves and their status buy other worldly possessions(type of car, etc) so why not take it to the phones lol
    03-31-13 12:44 PM
    Happy for now with my z10 but think it basically means I'm a trusting person in that I purchased something that will become a final product in the future
    A lot of truth in this. I think that we are all in this boat. We want to believe. All the signs are good. Issues here and there (same with all platforms in my opinion - my DINC 4G LTE just went into continual reboot and it had to be factory reset - losing everything).

BB has what it takes to make it. They just need to DO it.

Having a BB means that I am trusting that they will fulfill on the promises of it being the fastest, most connected, most elegant communications device out there that runs flawlessly.
    03-31-13 12:46 PM
    What does carrying a Blackberry say about you as a person?-how-smartphone-users-see-each-other.jpg

Hahah

Edit: just had a look at replies. Damn someone beat me to it
    SDTRMG likes this.
    03-31-13 12:53 PM
    Both... definitely.
    03-31-13 01:14 PM
    It says that I'm an global American. I didn't let the Apple bit me and didn't give Google complete control of my life - yet. I do have a gmail so they might have it already. LOL
    03-31-13 01:18 PM
    Why my phone is BlackBerry? For the same reason I drive Audi and not Mercedes, my camera is Pentax and not Canon. I don't care about showing off, I don't care about the hype, I march to the beat of my own drums and, beings an engineer I always choose function over the form. I will not allow any marketing machine to brainwash me. Z10 is an excellent device, highly functional and secure and this is what matters the most. And, flag waiving here, it's designed by Canadian engineers.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 01:31 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HOW-SMARTPHONE-USERS-SEE-EACH-OTHER.jpg 
Views:	533 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	145747

Hahah

Edit: just had a look at replies. Damn someone beat me to it
    I agree!
    03-31-13 01:32 PM
    This was how it used to be before the Z10.... I think Z10 users are now back to second-from-left. LOL!
    Attached Thumbnails What does carrying a Blackberry say about you as a person?-smartphone-truths.jpg  
    03-31-13 01:35 PM
    Hmmm...What does carrying a BlackBerry say about me as a person? I think it probably says I have a mobile phone. Beyond that is any body's guess.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 01:43 PM
    Me carrying a Z10, say's that I'm smart, witty, funny, a beautiful inside and out chick magnet.
    03-31-13 01:44 PM
    BlackBerry reminds me of VW/Audi cars. It is all about functionality. They both are designed to achieve its main objectives, communicating and driving respectively . Everything else is secondary and unnecessary. 20 years ago VW was where BlackBerry was, left behind. Why? What were the dealers telling corporate VW? We can't sell these cars in North America because they don't have drink holders. The German ** staff lost their minds over this statement. Why the **** do people want to drink while they are suppose to enjoy driving. Today BlackBerry and most of us are thinking why the **** do you care about instagram when you are supposed to be communicating. BlackBerry will be niche unless it decides to dumb down its functionality image in favor of entertainment value. But then most of us wouldn't be buying BlackBerry then.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 01:52 PM
    Naaaaa......can't be defined by a phone, I just love BBRY's but it says anothing about me really....
    03-31-13 01:53 PM
    People think it's dumb that I describe it as classy. Until they see me carrying it at work. It's kind of dumb but I switch to it at work or when I go out somewhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    03-31-13 01:54 PM
    The opposite of Heaven is a forbidden word on this forum?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 01:55 PM
    It defines me down to the very essence of my being!

03-31-13 01:56 PM
    I just pulled my phone out and my sister in law just said "Is that the new BlackBerry? I need that Blackberry". I didn't even use it, I merely pulled it out of my pocket. So my BlackBerry says to the world "I like sexy"

White Z10 and I named her Snowflake

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 02:01 PM
261 12345 ...