You totally missed the point here. :-D
    I, and all of people here, certainly would not agree that our phone, or car, could define who we are. My point is that we are sending "signals", to people around us, by using certain brand, what kind of man we are, how our "taste" like, and also how do we want to be perceived by others around us. That is why branding is very important. Would you rather drive a BMW or a Mercedes? A Louise Vuitton or a Mont Blanc? Tag Heuer or Rolex? Some brand owners would work very hard to associate their brands with certain characteristics and not others, because of this. And that is also why we might want to choose certain brand over another.

Posted via CB10
    The problem is everything you mention is what's wrong with the world today. None of that should make any difference to anyone, and certainly not be used as a criteria for judging anyone on any level. To apply that thinking to a phone is even more ridiculous. If you think something like a phone says something about you, you need to do some work on your ego. If you are judging someone based on their phone, same thing.
    04-03-13 09:22 AM
    Truth of the matter is ? brands adopt to suit a particular consumer segment. You can claim that you are above all this silly stuff, but in reality that claim alone is enough for a smart marketing team to position a product or service so that you will buy it.

Posted via CB10
    Ben1232 and ValentinoK like this.
    04-03-13 09:31 AM
    Blackberry Addict

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    04-03-13 09:38 AM
    I personally feel that anybody who chooses a device just because it makes them look cool, as opposed to choosing it because it suits them best, is delusional.
    Haha! Nail on the proverbial head!

Fact: BlackBerry is desperate...and OS10 and the Z10 has been rushed to the marketplace in hopes of saving a sinking ship. I truly hope that the Z10/Q10 and the devices that (hopefully) will follow will do just that. But, let's stop bagging on those who have chosen either the iOS or Android OS as their systems of choice...as MANY of those who used to be BlackBerry zealots have done simply to remain on the grid for latest technology and multimedia usability. Let's just be happy that BlackBerry has chosen to rise for one last attempt at success instead of crawling away in defeat...

Can't we all just get along?
    04-03-13 09:40 AM
    I'll bet that's not true.

Posted via CB10
    I'll bet my last buck. I like certain brands, however they don't define me.

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-03-13 10:19 AM
    I'll bet my last buck. I like certain brands, however they don't define me.

Posted via CB10
    There's a reason you like those brands and don't even know it

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 10:25 AM
    For those of us in business with a customer base, it is important to know how branding affects everyone (yes, it does).

To me, BBRY indicates a customer who is serious enough about their line of business to rely on a device that will keep their information secure and free from inadvertent disclosures due to technological flaws. Given the fact that NIST has certified the BBRY kernel (and security protocols), the BBRY person understands the importance of corporate governance at a minimum. I tend to identify with that BBRY person.

BBRY - Security concious, business savvy, customer focused.
    04-03-13 10:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    I know exactly why I like certain products... They don't represent me in any way. My behavior defines me...

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    04-03-13 11:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    Maybe they work for his needs and lifestyle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-03-13 12:27 PM
    The problem is everything you mention is what's wrong with the world today. None of that should make any difference to anyone, and certainly not be used as a criteria for judging anyone on any level. To apply that thinking to a phone is even more ridiculous. If you think something like a phone says something about you, you need to do some work on your ego. If you are judging someone based on their phone, same thing.
    I'm not saying that it is good, but that's the fact. But I personally don't think it's wrong. We don't want to judge, but can you predict what kind of man, for example, wears Rolex? How much he earns, etc.

I think, our phone, our choice of phone or certain products, say something about us. And that's not wrong. I think it's the success of the brand owner to make us think about their brand in certain ways.

The author of this thread just want to ask, maybe, the stereotype of BlackBerry user. What does the brand owner want the BlackBerry user to be associated with? Maybe that's the better question.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 12:36 PM
    If you have a Z10, I think it says that you are loyal or that you are willing to give second chances (to BlackBerry, at least). And I think those are good qualities.

If you have an older model with a physical keyboard, it could say that you have an "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality, or that you know what you want, by refusing to get a touch screen phone.

Then again, they're just phones.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 12:43 PM
    I'm not saying that it is good, but that's the fact. But I personally don't think it's wrong. We don't want to judge, but can you predict what kind of man, for example, wears Rolex? How much he earns, etc.

I think, our phone, our choice of phone or certain products, say something about us. And that's not wrong. I think it's the success of the brand owner to make us think about their brand in certain ways.

The author of this thread just want to ask, maybe, the stereotype of BlackBerry user. What does the brand owner want the BlackBerry user to be associated with? Maybe that's the better question.

Posted via CB10
    While I agree this goes on, I am pointing out it's ridiculous for people to apply this reasoning to a phone. I'm sorry but well adjusted people do not feel the phone they are using is making statements about their personality, professionalism, or anything else mentioned in this thread. The majority of people who aren't on these type of forums just could not give less of a crap about what phone someone is using when they meet them. Some of the posts in this thread show that people have actually sat around and thought about what people think their phone and them for using it, which is a little sad.
    04-03-13 03:22 PM
    I know exactly why I like certain products... They don't represent me in any way. My behavior defines me...

Posted via CB10
    Your behavior defines you, to other people right?

If you like BMW, or Tag Heuer.. those products define you to other people as well. That is by design... brands exist because they try to target our innermost desires. Why else would branding be such a strong mindshare grabber. Not only does it help manufacturers differentiate from each other, but it also helps people differentiate themselves from others...

There is a fine line between what YOU think a product defines vs what OTHER people think a product defines. I would be the first to say, I could not care less what other people think... I get what I like, but I am not going to be naive and think that the fact that I drive a BMW DOESN"T say something about me to OTHER people..

"Defines" is a strong word
    04-03-13 03:34 PM

If you like BMW, or Tag Heuer.. those products define you to other people as well. That is by design... brands exist because they try to target our innermost desires. Why else would branding be such a strong mindshare grabber. Not only does it help manufacturers differentiate from each other, but it also helps people differentiate themselves from others...

There is a fine line between what YOU think a product defines vs what OTHER people think a product defines. I would be the first to say, I could not care less what other people think... I get what I like, but I am not going to be naive and think that the fact that I drive a BMW DOESN"T say something about me to OTHER people..

I understand the concept of marketing, branding, etc etc. The Op original question was "What does carrying a blackberry say about you as a Person?" My original answer was and still is nothing. You guys are making this way too complicated.

Posted via CB10
    bp3dots and torndownunit like this.
    04-03-13 04:04 PM

If I see a guy in a BMW wearing Tag Heuer I immediately think Dbag. You may be right.
    Baked and gen_accident like this.
    04-03-13 04:10 PM
    If I see a guy in a BMW wearing Tag Heuer I immediately think Dbag. You may be right.
    It does not matter how anyone perceives someone's brand loyalty. It is the outside view.

What matters is how the person with the BMW and TH perceives himself because that's what drives sales.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 04:17 PM
    And filthy rich. Lol. A rich dbag.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 04:34 PM
    And filthy rich. Lol. A rich dbag.

Posted via CB10
    Not necessarily .

Could be someone much like those who let phones define them, caring about what others think, living beyond his means, and eating Top Ramen every night.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 06:01 PM
    Android 4.2.2

Very close second is iOS 6.1

Posted via CB10
    LOL LOL LOL

Posted via CB10
    taz323 likes this.
    04-03-13 06:12 PM
    It's says I don't F*** around I don't have time for games or in and out apps, I need to do what u got to do, get in and get out, and all so I can keep moving.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 06:20 PM
    LOL LOL LOL

Posted via CB10
    Such an Enlightening post...
    04-03-13 06:22 PM
    lol this weird
    Last edited by ramin mayar; 04-03-13 at 06:31 PM. Reason: w
    04-03-13 06:29 PM
    I'm Wealthy and have a big pen15
    04-03-13 06:31 PM
    It says I'm a mobile technological God...

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 07:46 PM
    Such an Enlightening post...
    Just as much as yours.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 09:35 AM
261 ... 56789 ...