Would it be more cool if it was called a Thinkphone with a little IBM logo in the corner? That might say, I am a serious business person with important things to do so I have the best tools to do it.
    jrohland likes this.
    04-01-13 11:46 PM
    It says that I prefer a dependable rock solid device to be used both for my business/personal life and if I wanted a toy I just use my PS3.
    Baked likes this.
    04-01-13 11:48 PM
    Also one for saying a phone doesnt define you, just like an oven or a microwave brand doesnt. People just pick a phone they like in store most of the time, researched a bit on or have seen their friends with and liked (yes there are some types who just get one to fit in and be cool but thats not a majority even if anti fans want to believe it)

however i do tend to view android users (IF they have a custom launcher and very customised phone) as tinkerers (in a good way), i love customisation and making something my own, setting it up from the bare bones how I want it rather than having something everyone else has - so i can relate when i see it.

i do think its a little extreme that some people go all the way to narrowing their business down if they see someone with a phone other than blackberry, thats such a childish way to run a business
    04-02-13 06:45 AM
    we are still doing this crap? i feel like the OP just trying to troll all of you to say something stupid, and some of you already did.

apparently carrying a BB means business and value communication or whatever crap. You telling me most phone can't send email? can't communicate? BB doesn't have game? but other phone are toy?

Just because you are carrying a brand doesn't mean that's what you are. Funny how most CB user call iphone/android user brainwashed. Sounds to me some of the BB user are brainwashed into thinking theyre some elite businessman cause theyre using BB.
    04-02-13 08:50 AM
    Carrying a BlackBerry says, about me, "as a person" (whatever the heck that means), that I'm... carrying a BlackBerry!

Nothing more. Nothing less.
    04-02-13 09:12 AM
    Carrying a blackberry device means I am not a sheep in a herd of wannibes.
    04-02-13 09:19 AM
    Carrying a blackberry device means I am not a sheep in a herd of wannibes.
    So you base your decision on a device by others' opinions, expectations, or impressions on your wishing to not be seen as member of a group instead of basing decisions on the functionalities present in the device.

Brilliant.

Posted via CB10
    pels_17 likes this.
    04-02-13 09:45 AM
    You totally missed the point here. :-D
    I, and all of people here, certainly would not agree that our phone, or car, could define who we are. My point is that we are sending "signals", to people around us, by using certain brand, what kind of man we are, how our "taste" like, and also how do we want to be perceived by others around us. That is why branding is very important. Would you rather drive a BMW or a Mercedes? A Louise Vuitton or a Mont Blanc? Tag Heuer or Rolex? Some brand owners would work very hard to associate their brands with certain characteristics and not others, because of this. And that is also why we might want to choose certain brand over another.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 11:33 AM
    That I am a devout nonconformist!
    04-02-13 01:45 PM
    Brands do reflect a ton about you.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 02:00 PM
    It makes an otherwise lame physicist into a sexy, sexy beast.

J/K It's a fun device and I love the keyboard. I'm always going to be lame and awkward. Don't care what of people think. The Z10 doesn't define me, only how much cash I have in my pocket now :P

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 02:03 PM
    The OP is not a troll. It's a legitimate question to ask what should be the target market and so the advertising theme behind this push to drive BlackBerry forward

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 02:07 PM
    The OP is not a troll. It's a legitimate question to ask what should be the target market and so the advertising theme behind this push to drive BlackBerry forward

Posted via CB10
    I understand the part about an effective image to project or what might appeal to people. I just hate being pigeonholed by what I have or own. - the whole "elitist" or other defining characterisitic thing leaves me cold. I just go with what works well for me.
    04-02-13 08:25 PM
    I feel very intelligent and sophisticated when I whip out my blackberry Z10 in a room full of Android and fan boys! Know you roots....

Posted via CB10
    tstrike34 likes this.
    04-03-13 01:38 AM
    BlackBerry is for modern people.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 02:03 AM
    Brands do reflect a ton about you.

Posted via CB10
    No they don't, where do you guys come up with this stuff? I like a lot of different brands, however they say nothing about me as a person.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 06:22 AM
    Would not say much about me because I would not be using a phone in many situations where people around me would even notice what brand I carried unless I was sharing something with them (pictures, info, videos and the like).

I place more importance on etiquette and manners around others when using a phone rather than a person's choice of phone brands.
    I cosign this. If I'm out with family, gf, or any social event my phone stays in my pocket.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 06:29 AM
    So you base your decision on a device by others' opinions, expectations, or impressions on your wishing to not be seen as member of a group instead of basing decisions on the functionalities present in the device.

Brilliant.

Posted via CB10
    Many people, especially young people, would base their choice of cellphone on being 'part of the group'. My daughter chose an iPhone 5 without even trying it out, just because it was 'a cool phone'.
    04-03-13 06:43 AM
    Many people, especially young people, would base their choice of cellphone on being 'part of the group'. My daughter chose an iPhone 5 without even trying it out, just because it was 'a cool phone'.
    As a parent, if I'm paying for the device, I would teach what is needed.

If BBM is needed, a BB is valid. If Face Time is needed, that is valid.

But just a brand to go with the crowd??? Nah.

By the time my child is an adult, the lesson is learned. My parents never accepted herd mentality and I grew up as a very independent person. I do the same with my own family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    04-03-13 06:53 AM
    too funny when a iphone goes off. and the crowd looks at there phones. uhhhhh like a mass of same oooo's. lol! have bb for a while. always will.
    that's funny I work in a company where 90% use iphones , including myself, and nobody has the same ringtone or alerts.
    04-03-13 07:07 AM
    I cosign this. If I'm out with family, gf, or any social event my phone stays in my pocket.

Posted via CB10
    You don't rock yours on a good chain like Flava Flav? Don't you want people to think highly about you?
    04-03-13 07:11 AM
    You don't rock yours on a good chain like Flava Flav? Don't you want people to think highly about you?
    Hilarious. Maybe I should start.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 07:24 AM
    It shows that I don't wear diapers anymore and I'm ****.....

Kidding g its just a ******* phone.

But I am a ****. No matter what phone I use.

Posted via ZED10.
    04-03-13 07:52 AM
    No they don't, where do you guys come up with this stuff? I like a lot of different brands, however they say nothing about me as a person.

Posted via CB10
    I'll bet that's not true.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 09:11 AM
    that's funny I work in a company where 90% use iphones , including myself, and nobody has the same ringtone or alerts.
    I'll bet you your phone at least two do.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 09:13 AM
261 ... 45678 ...