For me... that I love the device, so I bought it.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 10:21 AM
    I currently don't have one but plan on getting the Q10 or maybe the z10(fighting the urge). But when I see someone with a blackberry I just think business. Getting work done. I always liked that about blackberry. I didn't use my blackberries in that manner, but I still loved them. I've been like a kid with all these new phones( iPhones n android) but I'm coming back home lol. Just something about blackberry and that hardware does it for me.
    It says GAMER!!!

LOL.. With RPG games, need for speed, angry birds and many more games downloaded, definitely this spells gamer for the youngsters who bought the Z10.
    It says GAMER!!!

LOL.. With RPG games, need for speed, angry birds and many more games downloaded, definitely this spells gamer for the youngsters who bought the Z10.
    Really? Those games will need space to store them. Won't happen on 16 gigs with no storage card access for apps or data

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 10:24 AM
    Really? Those games will need space to store them. Won't happen on 16 gigs with no storage card access for apps or data

Posted via CB10
    Who needs to store that much? I finish a single player rpg, or end up playing any game till I pwn it, I'm done with it and it gets deleted. If I want to play it again it's on my BBW.

Ya, I am an unabashed BB supporter. Don't like that? Then put me on ignore.
    EchoesFX likes this.
    03-31-13 10:30 AM
    Seriously!!! Some of you are a little too far out there. ITS A PHONE!!!!!! It defines nothing!!!!! It says nothing about you!!!!
    03-31-13 10:35 AM
    First and foremost it means i care about the security of the device. Secondly it means business.

Posted via CB10 powered by BB10
    03-31-13 10:40 AM
    Security, ability to think on your own- lead rather than follow...and of course, Like a boss!
    03-31-13 10:42 AM
    I must admit I stereotype people based on the device. if I see a BB user i think thats a business professional. IP5 users I think are a little business & into apps. Droid users that I know tend to be younger than me. Werent around during the times of LP's or 8 tracks.
    JMHO, but to each their own on what they want.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    BKbehave likes this.
    03-31-13 10:54 AM
    Hmmmmm it shows I'm not a follower.....all my friends left n lost their respective faith with blackberry....n went to another platform..instead of falling in line like most people I stuck with blackberry and I'm glad I did!
    03-31-13 10:55 AM
    I'm inclined to agree with those that say it's just a phone and says nothing about a person. It's for communication. It's a tool and does its job reasonably well. Other then that, I'm not sure what else you can take from it. An iPhone or an Android device does the same thing. It's just preference. If someone uses an iPhone or Android, it doesn't automatically mean they're a "follower", they may just prefer that particular mobile experience, and that's completely fair.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 10:55 AM
    Who needs to store that much? I finish a single player rpg, or end up playing any game till I pwn it, I'm done with it and it gets deleted. If I want to play it again it's on my BBW.

Well I have asphalt 7 let's golf 3 and a few others and have less then 2 gigs left..it would be nice to have a choice. This is a mistake that needs to be fixed.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 10:58 AM
    Well I have asphalt 7 let's golf 3 and a few others and have less then 2 gigs left..it would be nice to have a choice. This is a mistake that needs to be fixed.

Posted via CB10
    I have let's golf, and 8 others, and have 8.8 gigs left. Plenty for me.

03-31-13 11:02 AM
    The Z10 is more of a serious type phone. It can work with media streaming and for entertainment, but it is not as vast an entertainment product as many of the other types of phones.

I use the Z10 for both personal and work. I can do my business and personal affairs without fear of having malicious, Trojan, or Spyware. This phone performs very well, and is very stable. I am on it for many hours through the day. I do a fair amount of talking, emails, browsing, and transactions daily. I also WiFi my Playbook to it. I use the Playbook for situations where I find the browser screen too small for what I have to do.

The other name brands have hundreds of thousands of software available. Over 95% of what they offer is useless rubbish for me. For general business use the software the Z10 comes with is adequate. The only extra software I installed are web based news services, my required financial management services, phone number search, and a weather service. Once in a while when I am curious I look through the App World just to see what they have to offer.

I tested a number of other types of cell phones. For my type of use and requirement for security, I will stay with the Blackberry phones.
    03-31-13 11:04 AM
    I do believe that in many peoples minds Blackberry means "business" -- certainly in the US. Perhaps that is some of the reason that BB still has greater appeal in other parts of the world. The BIS/BBM plans really were an unquestionable value in emerging countries. And, teens in other countries, for a time, preferred BB's due to their affordability, and the speed and convenience of BBM. I think that BB with BB10 and a right price point can hold on to that international market and start to build back that reputation.

For the US, being a Business device has its advantages. We all get that. Security is also part of the brand. But again, that only seems to matter to business professionals. With the vast majority of people opening their entire lives to Google and Facebook (don't think that Google is not combing every piece of data on you), consumers do not seem to care.

I believe that Blackberry needs to build on the Business/Security position but pivot to something that has a little more mass appeal to bring more people into the tent. Maybe it needs to add components of "Speed/Movement/User Experience" (BB10 is a fantastic experience with Native Apps, far more fluid than Android and the Cascade enabled are quite literally beautiful - just look at BB10 Email), "Connected" (maybe this is a better way of talking about the Hub than saying "hub").

Could it say that "I am always plugged in". I am always in the know, and ready to go....?
    03-31-13 11:06 AM
    It says that I like BlackBerry devices, so I purchased one.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    03-31-13 11:09 AM
    Like many other " it is just a phone". I love BlackBerry/QNX products and the company.

It doesn't say anything about me, but it says more about how other people see me and mine phone choose.

BlackBerry Z10, Posted via CB10
    dj_matty_s likes this.
    03-31-13 11:10 AM
    I personally feel that anybody who chooses a device just because it makes them look cool, as opposed to choosing it because it suits them best, is delusional. And doing the same just for the sake of being purposely anti-conformist isn't really any better.

When people ask me for device recommendations, while I do tell them about BlackBerry 10, I always encourage them to choose the one that suits them best. I do, however, dissuade them from Android.

What does having a BlackBerry say about me? It says that I'm a person who has a BlackBerry. (Though that's not to say I don't take a little pride in it, too.)

Wait, you mean Samsung isn't all about Robot Unicorns and stuff?
    03-31-13 11:10 AM
    This is a very interesting question on two fronts.

(1) Blackberry needs to market coherently to a core user. Who is that?
    and
    (2) Demographically, who is the typical Blackberry user?

I think in response to (1) Blackberry are targeting communicators. People who emphasize speed of communication and quality of communication experience. This is "the hub from anywhere" logic. People who have Blackberries are people who prioritize communication, not least email, over all else.

In response to two I have not seen any hard data. I'm sure Blackberry has this data. Obviously the rate of Blackberry ownership in big business communities is bigger than in, say, college undergrads. But in my uninformed opinion, Blackberry, I think, also does well in communities where family communication is very important. I suspect that among the hispanic and Indian communities where extended families are more of a factor than in other demographics, rates of Blackberry ownership are higher than, say, among 30 something single white people in starbucks.

So I think Blackberry users are more likely to have "communication" at the top of their Kevin "hierarchy of needs" style pyramid. And I think Blackberry has a number of "constituencies. This is not to say that most business people or working class people from cultures where extended families are a factor are not more likely to have iPhones than Blackberries. They are. But simply the likelihood of Blackberry ownership in these demographics is, I suspect, maybe slightly higher than in the 30something starbucks culture. Maybe?
    leejayh and Detective M Downs like this.
    03-31-13 11:21 AM
    Like many other " it is just a phone". I love BlackBerry/QNX products and the company.

It doesn't say anything about me, but it says more about how other people see me and mine phone choose.

BlackBerry Z10, Posted via CB10
    Good point. Whatever the perception is, it really says more about the person looking to assess my character based on a phone than it ever could about me.
    bp3dots likes this.
    03-31-13 11:30 AM
    Android 4.2.2

Very close second is iOS 6.1

Posted via CB10
    LOL right

Personal opinion and all that, ill give you Android but even i find my S3 quite buggy and ******** when i am trying to do things on it. As for iOS??? sorry its not that advanced, maybe for a 5 yr old it is but its probably the most boring and stale OS out there. Even Symbian which is now dead was far more advanced than iOS lol.
    rexxenex likes this.
    03-31-13 11:30 AM
    Nothing at all. A phone does and will not define me as person.
    03-31-13 11:50 AM
    It means I paid money to upgrade my email from pop to Imap so I could get the most out of my phone and not have to wait for email to show up.

It means I have the most sophisticated phone with the least amount of apps.

It means I get excited daily when my phone says it has a software update only to remember there seems to be no way to delete a core app without it sending a software update to reinstall it.

It means I have a phone in my pocket that is burning battery power searching for LTE cause ATT won't let me turn it off

It means I learned side loading only to play a guessing game on a 50 percent success rate on a smoothing running app

It means I'm happy with my phone but really am praying they don't burn us down on updates like the history of my PlayBook

Happy for now with my z10 but think it basically means I'm a trusting person in that I purchased something that will become a final product in the future

Posted via CB10
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    03-31-13 11:55 AM
    It says, "I like versatility".
    And making phone calls...
    Last edited by Ojhoana; 03-31-13 at 12:28 PM.
    cd1105 and yellowhammer like this.
    03-31-13 12:12 PM
    I personally feel that anybody who chooses a device just because it makes them look cool, as opposed to choosing it because it suits them best, is delusional. And doing the same just for the sake of being purposely anti-conformist isn't really any better.

When people ask me for device recommendations, while I do tell them about BlackBerry 10, I always encourage them to choose the one that suits them best. I do, however, dissuade them from Android.

What does having a BlackBerry say about me? It says that I'm a person who has a BlackBerry. (Though that's not to say I don't take a little pride in it, too.)

Wait, you mean Samsung isn't all about Robot Unicorns and stuff?
    is it a phone or an accessary, or both.
    03-31-13 12:14 PM
261 1234 ...