I would like it if we could be able to give our contacts their own ringtone when we receive an SMS. Not just for email or when they call or BBM

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 05:01 PM
    I'm not going to repeat stuff that's already been said, these are additionals:

- The option to have screen backlight on permanently, if plugged in. Ideally this would also disable the screen lock too...

- Options to remove some of these buttons, and to choose which one is default (currently, if I click Enter, it defaults to Help)
    Attached Thumbnails What do YOU wanna see on 10.2?-img_00000023.jpg  
    microfoneman likes this.
    06-12-13 05:05 PM
    When I minimize the phone app and press the 'x' the phone should hang up....
    Another very 'duh' feature missing

Fav Apps: CB10, USA Today, Word or the Day Plus, GasBuddy, Neutron Player
    outlib likes this.
    06-12-13 05:09 PM
    Creating a new line while texting for BBM & Whatsapp or etc..

FB : tag name at comment section

And please make popular apps native.. like Instagram,n few more.. some people buying the phone to make sure their fav apps is available..

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 05:11 PM
    Here are 20 things that cross my mind spontaneously:

1. I would LOVE to have Popups for Notifications. Yes, swiping into the hub is super cool, but before I do that it would be good to know what it was and from whom that made my red light blink? For text or BBM it would be more likely for me to look into it, while email or linkedin is not that time critical.
    2. Please improve contacts. Its not bad, but it's sort of only almost finished. Ability to take more control of entries, better recognition of contacts to link etc.
    3. Bring speeddials back (would be also cool on the Z10!)
    4. S/MIME for everyone and full functionality!!! I thought BlackBerry is focused on Business and Security??? Don't forget the ability to lookup certificates in directories
    5. Better Profile controls
    6. Ability to mute phone by e.g. pressing the - volume button for 2 or 3 seconds
    7. A way to properly organise photos, videos and music. This also makes the impression it's not quite finished. If you e.g. have a lot of photos or videos its very difficult to find specific ones and let alone to get them organised. For music also it would be much better if you could organise your music and edit albums or even ID-tags
    8. Flightmode and hotspot in the quick selection menu when you swipe down. Or even better: make it customisable so that everyone can fit it to their personal need
    9. I like the idea of BlackBerry link synching stuff instead of using a cloud service that would anyway violate the users privacy. A function that would sync files, pictures etc. between different devices (incl. PlayBook) would be great!
    10. Improvements to browser such as Cascades based, ability to automatically hide addressbar, better support for Flash videos and other media. Try using the controls (autsch)
    11. More than 30days for IMAP accounts
    12. Music in BlackBerry World in additional countries
    13. Print to go for Mac - actually such a cool feature, but BlackBerry is not really promoting it. And when apple sends a map url to their phone everyone is excited. This has lots of potential for additional features
    14. Toggle working/full week in the calendar (worst ever experience on the Q10)
    15. Holding on to the loaction in a calender entry offers context menu e.g. where I can directly choose maps
    16. File manager that allows to also view and edit files
    17. Proper support of Umlauts in Calendar and contacts!
    18. Notes and Tasks should be properly synched with Exchange!
    19. Pages within Folders so there is no limit
    20. Better Skype Integration or even a native Version!

Bonus: Transparent view of what takes how much space of internal memory and the ability to store apps and/or its data on sd-card (e.g. Games, Podcasts etc.)

Posted on Q10
    Brandon Orr and outlib like this.
    06-12-13 05:11 PM
    - the ability to pin lock, with full numeric keyboard.
    - allow background running apps (lose the active frame requirement)
    - landscape ability throughout

Posted via Z10... a white one
    06-12-13 05:18 PM
    Oh, and as many legacy BBOS features as possible such as configurable currency key, automatic switch to bedside mode when plugged in etc.

Posted on Q10
    06-12-13 05:20 PM
    I wish I can limit my Internet data usage on 10.2. Also I need app lock.

Posted via CB10
    microfoneman likes this.
    06-12-13 05:30 PM
    i want cinnamon toast pop up to be included! i heard it was nixed but its so awesome
    06-12-13 05:32 PM
    It would be great if we could

1 rename our pictures without having to go through file manager.

2 be able to have group messaging without receiving duplicates of the past messages sent.

3 have a better selection of ring tones without having to pay for it

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 05:35 PM
    Well where should I start? I get real frustrated with the friend and message updates. I would like to be able to clear all in one shot. Even when I go to check on some of my contacts through my list, every time someone updates, it pushes me back to the top of the list and I have to start scrolling down all over again. I would also love to see a bigger unlock screen with bigger key pad buttons. Don't get me wrong I love my Z10 but those are some of the things that drive me nuts. Sorry I almost forgot about display pics. In the old bbm it did not matter what size the pic was it would automatically fit to screen. Now it crops your pic into a square and you lose some of the pic. Please see what we can do to fix these issue, signed not impressed user.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 05:37 PM
    Email and texting groups!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 05:40 PM
    Swipe hand in the notification on the lock screen and move to BlackBerry Hub for BBM or wattsapp and the other applications

Posted via CB10
    Channelp.in/C0002D710

Channelpin.com/C0002D710 help me out guys I also cannot get gif's to work in bbm channels.

Posted via CB10
    Apps- would love to be able to delete whatever I don't want.

Text- The enter key to be able to enter down to a new line. Not send!

LinkedIn - this needs some serious updating all around!

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 05:42 PM
    What I would want to see: A battery indicator beside the battery icon, better standby time, the flow feature on settings app, landscape interface, panorama feature, the reminder app to actually remind me and A FEATURE THAT CAN SEND YOU BACK TO YOUR RECENT OPENED APP BY SWIPING UP THEN SWIPE LEFT. That would be cool. Not to much to ask eh?
    06-12-13 05:48 PM
    The ability to send documents to network printers.
    outlib and RIMperator like this.
    06-12-13 05:49 PM
    I would like to see a focus on small and micro business needs. Full 2 way sync with Outlook desktop via USB - including email, tasks, calendar and contacts. It was the reason I moved to Blackberry two years ago and I want to stay loyal if I retain that excellent feature.
    06-12-13 05:52 PM
    Simple feature: in Old BBs you could pretty much use any pic as your DP because you could 'zoom out' till the picture fit in the square box. Why can we not have this utterly simple function in BB10?!

Posted via CB10
    outlib likes this.
    More availability to connect with the mainstream apps that are already available on other OS systems. (example: Instagram, Oovoo, Tango, Vine) it really puts a damper on blackberry popularity.

Posted via CB10
    -Ability to "peek" into people's profile in the BBM Channel chat group or forum .
    -copy and paste anywhere in the bb10 with some restrictions, if necessary
    -when a phone number is tapped or toggled in an email /docs to give the option of "call or text".
    -to be able to print directly via blue tooth/wi Fi from any email or doc or app

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 05:53 PM
    Getting to BBM group lists is a bit difficult. I would like to be able to make shortcuts like on the 9900.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 05:53 PM
    Attachment 171300

I'm sure most of us love how we could swipe up to close an app on the PlayBook. But on BB10, due to how the Active Frames has 2 vertical pages to scroll up and down, the same gesture can't be implemented. And swiping to the left brings in the Hub, and the right apps. so pretty much up, down, left, and right are all taken.

If we look at other platforms,
    - iOS 7, swipe up to close an app
    - Android, swipe vertically to close an app
    - Windows Phone, no way to do it now, but it has been rumoured that MS will be adding a way to do so, and I'm guessing its swiping up.

Attachment 171301

Tapping on a small 'x" to close something feels kinda archaic at this point in time. Like how you would close a window on your mac or windows computer. On a small screen like a mobile device, swiping is an easier way to do it in my opinion. (or do most people just leave their active frames always open, and not bother to close them?)

---

Here's just a quick photoshop of an idea.

Attachment 171302
    Attachment 171303

Just one single page for Active Frames, that doesn't scroll up or down. Instead, when you have more than 4 apps open, they become even smaller, allowing up to 9 apps. This will allow the swiping up gesture to be used, as well as present more information in 1 single page.

Of course the elephant in the room is whether that is still legible or not. I tested them on my Z10 and everything is still legible for me (due to the high ppi display), but not everyone's eyesight is the same.

Or it could be done horizontally instead, using the same 4 active frame layout, but side by side. This will free up the swiping up or down gestures as well.

hmmm....
    I do like your idea but I don't like the getting smaller idea because my ultimate hope for Active Frames is that they become interactive.

~STV
    06-12-13 05:55 PM
    Yes we need a new 4.2.2 Android player

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 05:57 PM
    Panorama built in to camera app would be nice...

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 05:59 PM
970 ... 1011121314 ...