I want to see:
    - Backup my device wirlessly.

- Desktop Software (BlackBerry Link) that can backup my device intelligently ( contacts, emails, SMS, Apps, Media) all together or separately, I decide that, and u don't need to pay 100$ for a 3rd party app to do that for me.

- Integration with MS Office, for the contacts and the emails. No need for Enterprise or whatever you call it, if I have an email linked to my device,(personal or work) i should have the ability to sync it with my laptop and MS Office, simply like that.

- BlackBerry Protect, free for contacts and messages, for other dta, it could be pai, which will generate income.

- Multitasking, real Multitasking.

- Active desktop. Ability to customize my phone how it looks, like Samsung, I choose which app is where and to be on my desktop or not. Not every app is o. The tabs and they snap to a the last available position.

- Ability to Customize my Phone Book, ( like Mobile 1,2,...) not all Mobile, it is confusing if you have friends with more than one mobile number,which one to use. even if I can rename the fields that will be better.

- BETTER PICTURES, the camera app is a disgrace, it should be better.

- Integration off Android apps, ni need for side load

- Ability to access the SD Card using other apps, so we can can media using a better apps than the one comes with the phone from the SD Card.

-Ability to play folder (to play music), like the old OS, rather than the new one which is stupid and constricting, if I made a compilation I have to create a play list, which is time consuming, play a folder was a great option.

- Customisable Profiles.

- Speed Dial.

- Screen Lock.

- Edit phone number in keypad mode rather than deleting the whole number to change the first number, how stupid and primitive not to be able to do that.

I have a longer list. If only BlackBerry can manage these ones.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 02:34 PM
    * Q10 Keyboard Speed Dial from anywhere
    * Auto Power ON/OFF as in Bold 9900
    * Active Lock Screen
    * One-step Termination of Apps (so freaking tired of the two-step procedure)
    06-12-13 02:36 PM
    - Share to Pin-Pin option
    - In the hub; when you peak the application underneath should be the last opened application. Ex. I'm reading a website and want to translate it over into a chat in BBM. Simple one swipe or peak would be helpful. Or Calculator and email... right now u got to swipe up and go find the app and come back.

- Copy and Paste option for Facebook!
    - A Gym Timer app with full customizable intervals. # of intervals, different setting for each interval, rest time, and number of sets. Each set is 1 session of all your intervals. Right now there is no App on Bb10 or Android that does it right. I miss my apps on bb7 ProTimer Stopwatch

- Native WeChat
    - Improved features for WhatsApp like Broadcast Messaging.
    - BBM should evolve with community social networking integrated Instagram like feature. Look around feature like Badoo and WeChat. We will not need apps like wechat and whatsapp if on multi platform launch date BBM incorporates the best of every chat program out there. Twitter integration if you post a picture and hash tags it will do so on Twitter and Facebook as well.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 02:38 PM
    Agreed. No matter what, I would just like an easier way to input password. I get that using alphanumeric password is more secure than a 4 pin password, but on full touch devices, it takes actual concentration to input accurately on a full virtual qwerty keyboard. So much so that I know people who don't use it because its so slow to input. On a physical keyboard that isn't a big deal, but on a full touch keyboard, it is.

I don't think a 4 pin number is the answer, but pattern lock for example can be a great, easy and better way to do it. Or the way windows 8 does it. No matter, just make it easier.
    I have an idea for a lock option that would add some style and BlackBerry pizazz. What if when you wake your phone a very pleasantly designed BlackBerry logo pops up and you can tap on the individual logo dots in a sequence as a password. The logo could appear neatly colored in the same palate as the initial phone startup animation that displays the percent loaded on startup and can change colors as you press the dots. Obviously once the correct pattern is entered it can disappear or disolve away in some cool fashion that looks smooth and flowy. Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Alex_Hong and microfoneman like this.
    06-12-13 02:40 PM
    One area that I am most generally critical of any mobile OS is notifications -- I don't feel anyone has really inovated in that space since Palm introduced the banner system in WebOS. I think the BB10 Hub is really great, but don't think of it as a notification system itself -- I would love to see Blackberry do something really unique and useful with notifications. Much of this is personal preference, of course -- since I rely on my device for reminders, notifications are very important to me.

All of that said, here is what I would love to see go into 10.2:
    • Consistent swiping behavior: when there is a left-pointing arrow at the bottom of the screen, sometimes I can swipe left-to-right to perform that action (such as in the Pictures app), sometimes I can't (such as in System Settings)
    • Improved notifications for calendar items: perhaps the option to turn off the modal dialog and have them integrate with the hub? I'm really not a fan of big modal dialog boxes that pop up while I'm doing something
    • Better (and customizable) lock-screen notifications: I would like to be able to control what notification items appear on the lock screen, and would like calendar notifications to appear there (something big and bold that remains until I dismiss it)
    • Customizable LED color, blink rate, etc.
    • Ability to disable automatic re-ordering of the active frames, and be able to drag them into whatever order I want (similar to WebOS cards)
    • When I turn off the visibility of an email account in the main view of the hub, I would also like to have it not count towards unread messages on the lock screen -- I want to have the ability for email accounts to synchronize with absolutely NO indication of unread messages
    • Integrate cloud services with the native applications: have my Facebook/Picasa/Flickr photos appear in the native Pictures app, for example -- basically, take the cloud service aggregation that occurs in the Contacts app and apply that methodology to other cloud-based content types (a good example is the implementation seen in the "Photos & Videos" app on the HP Touchpad)
    • More "extended search" providers in universal search: plugins to send the query directly to cloud services (Wikipedia, IMDB, etc.)
    06-12-13 02:46 PM
    Just need some amazing application like ios and android phone, definitely bb10 ll beat them in every way after applications are available for free. It already has a great touch, refreshing interface, amazing camera and screen clarity than ios and android phones for sure. I am fully satisfied from bb10, just need some applications, please fix blackberry maps, add some themes, games application, rest z10 is a amazing phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 02:51 PM
    Blackberry need to stop playing catch up on frilly features and focus on the core first. They can't even get basic things right - 10.1 messed up displaying wrong contacts for phone calls and texts, randomly missing contacts, things that shouldn't even pass QA let alone a public release.

The BB10 team ignored everything that made Blackberry from the legacy BBs. Not talking about track pad and whatever but stuff like email filtering, level 1, alert volumes, etc.

They have the leading edge early adopter BlackBerry users (eg us), but we're a fraction of the user base and many are angrily hanging on to their 9900s because they'd lose many features the depend on in OS7. While BB10 may have better email managment, compared to others, it's not enough to stop bleeding customers.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 02:54 PM
    I agree with the article about a more interactive lock screen as well as pop up notifications.. or at least some bubble that shows at the top that says what it is.. ie whatsapp or email. And a name next to it. That would be nice.

Enhancements to the hub.. for twitter
    The ability to Retweet a tweet you have been mentioned in... and for the hub to display normal time line tweets but not from ur whole twitter account. Just a restricted number of *favourites* say 5 contacts... when typing @ in the hub when tweeting.. for a convenient list to drop down as u type.. not the for a separate contacts page to appear.

Interactive frames.. while hub is so convenient.. imagine having active frames on apps like Facebook and Twitter.. where u could choose for the active frame to display tweets / facebook posts.. or an action button instead of that. So the active frame for facebook and Twitter have the compose symbol.. u click on it.. a little tweet pop up appears for u to compose a tweet.. would like to see this! would be awesome!

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 02:57 PM
    You better read this carefully and do something about it:

BBM :
    -ability to put your full picture high quality as it has been taken straight from your camera to the display picture (not like now it only give you the ability to crop and edit)
    - the ability to share multiple files in one time without having to re enter to send another file (like picture choose all that you want to send, then send it)
    - Broadcast message, you can select all in place of choosing one by one.
    -During Screen Share (video chat) keep a small bubble or square video where you can still see the person you are video chatting with. (like on Skype)
    - A bubble pops up when someone sends you a message via or Facebook or BBM or WhatsApp just like iOS has now in Facebook (of course this is a option, you can choose whether you want it or not) it appears anywhere you are!! Not only in apps! And when you click on the bubble you can reply to it without having to leave what you are doing, like when WhatsApp when on Android it pops up you answer then it closes. Easy.
    -when decreasing font size it also effects the size of the icons and photo of BBM, just like on the Legacy phones! It helps for some people who have eye problems.
    -ability to hide or how can I say (put all your categorie contact under the tile without having to keep scrolling down every time. Just like what you could've done on the Legacy phones)

WhatsApp :

- Can I say just like the emoji that they use can be used on twitter and stuff, we can be able to that too? *Emoji Support*
    - Ability to chose whether or not you want them to see your last seen. (just like on iOS)
    -Faster and no double contact or contacts without name (no "clock" issue)

Phone call app:
    - When someone is calling and your in a meeting or busy and you can't call them back or answer an ability to automatically send them a msg, like Be Right Back or in a Meeting (like the iOS)

*as you can see I've been adding a lot of features from different phones OS but if they could use some of ours, why not use some of them? *

-i don't know the feature's name but as I could've see its called TAT? I mean the 3d images on icons just like what iOS did on their upcoming iOS 7. That would be a great feature too.. give us a lot of gestures it makes it fun!
    -In app swipes to get to another app, just like in PlayBook!
    -remove the X botton on the active frame and make it a swipe gesture to close (again like the upcoming iOS7)
    - Headless apps *of course*
    - When touching the battery icon on the home screen, it gives you details about the battery. And can choose whether you want to turn off restart or just lock the device.
    - when peaking you can see the Date and Time!
    - when peaking while watching a video remove the blue or stripe of the background that comes right when you swipe (not a big deal but it is a improvement)
    - Full landscape mode integration! Anywhere and in any apps!
    - able to choose between theme like a black one of the Q10
    -Custimable theme, old OS maybe? Just so it could make you re fall in love with you're phone again * something new is always good *
    -Native youtube app!
    -Blackberry Bridge sync with the blackberry 10 devices just like legacy devices (using BBM and all that)
    -Multiple video chat (BBM)
    -More features in every app that we currently have
    -a lot more of voice control! Make it like Siri!
    -Build in iTunes!!! They maybe called it iTunes connect or something! It will be amazing as if we could buy albums and all that it will be a nice integration.
    - More Native apps.
    - a built in apk ti bar files converter and installer to make it easier.
    -More photo editing options and more features and editing for story maker!!
    -Ability to clear recently viewed or listen to files.
    -Panorama pictures! Build in *just like the panorama 360 app but build in*
    -Voice Recording app, without the need of a app like "Parrot "
    - Browser make it even better remove the glitches that happens when you scroll down really fast, the pinch to zoom background bug and try and do this with the help of allot of browser test like "fish in a thank" or
    .ah you know what I mean. And the embed youtube videos control needs to be fixed, too small to touch to replay a video or pause and even rewind to a place where you want to see again.
    Remove the every time movement of the keyboard when only trying to copy the link /Url maybe make a copy page address tab? From the side..

I wrote just a lil bit of what is on my mind, I got too lazy to set and write decently for you.. wanted to touch all apps and improvement but I think this is enough for now.

Thanks. JeandryBrito pin:24DE5668

Posted via CB10
    amjass12 likes this.
    06-12-13 02:58 PM
    More gestures, think PlayBook! Bring in some more of the ui innovation from TAT. The flow is great but cud be better. They have a great foundation with QNX, now they need to build on it. Then they need to polish polish polish, no point if the os and the experience isn't polished. Have big hopes for up coming updates, there is potential. Lock all software engineers in a room with coffee and let the games begin.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 02:58 PM
    One touch Speed Dial calling for sure!
    I really used "Categories" in the Contact section quite a bit and I really miss that functionality.
    Ranking of phone numbers and addresses in Contacts.
    Simpler control when searching for pictures and naming both albums and/or pictures would also be a nice addition.
    Camera picture quality is still pretty weak when compared with the Galaxy unit.
    06-12-13 03:01 PM
    Hey just a suggestion, why not add some themes or get some better theme apps in the BlackBerry World?

Hasan

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 03:03 PM
    Camera/Screen Capture
    • Native timer feature to allow you to get in the shot
    • Native Panoramic pictures to capture those beautiful landscapes
    • Better Low light abilities
    • A fix for white eyes (not red eyes) I find this happens a lot in night shots with the flash on the Z10
    • WHY can’t we use the Flash for the time shift camera feature? Even if it just stays on like it does for the video recording mode would be better than pure darkness.
    • After Screen capture it would be nice to have easy access to the image like after you take a picture with the camera by having the image at the bottom left hand corner of the screen
    Pictures/Picture Editing
    • An option to start in recent or albums
    • After you edit a picture the option to save and replace or Save as an edited file
    Auto Text
    • We need Carriage return in the auto text (for those long messages that I keep sending and for different signatures on emails etc)
    BBM
    • Carriage return on BBM
    Alarm & Bedside Mode
    • Multiple alarm times
    • More clock faces and colours
    • Bedside mode the ability to choose a profile in bedside mode not just (allow phone to ring, The ringer I have in the daytime gives me a heart attack when it rings at night. Also I would like to receive BBMs at night but not Text messages, I use BBM for Business)
    • An option in bedside mode to have certain contacts marked as important to ring through in bedside mode. Example your child or mother, etc..
    Keyboard
    • Have an option in bedside mode to allow important contacts to ring through. Be able to mark a contact as important in contacts
    • I’d like to see the Question mark with the letters not the numbers. Who uses the ? with the numbers????
    • Pattern Phone lock or a pin lock would be great.
    Hub
    • Make a timer option to have the Hub reset to where you like it when you leave the hub to go to another app New users are very confused when they go to the hub and they are in a BBM conversation or a text conversation etc
    • The ability to post a status update to multiple places (like on my old 9900) change my status to “who wants to Party tonight” on Facebook, twitter, BBM, Whatsapp, etc…
    Main screen
    • A customizable info bar at the top of the screen
    o Have an option to show the date along with the time
    o Show battery percentage
    o Weather
    o Battery percentage
    Voice Control
    • Add more features and functionality to voice control
    • Have an option to get emails read to you (maybe when blue tooth is on or have a driving mode)
    • Have an option to have web pages read to you.
    Music
    • Don’t auto start playing music when the blue tooth connects
    • voice control change songs while driving obviously need a driving mode profile maybe on Bluetooth connection
    • Ability to view songs in a list, not only by genre, artist, or album
    • Normalize for Music app, ensures the same output level consistently. Most music apps have this feature
    Browser
    • An easy to access desktop or mobile mode
    • An option to start at homepage, recent, or favorites
    Phone

• Be able to click on a number in a web page and call it
    Files folders and app options
    • Fit more than 16 shortcuts in a folder (I have 2 games folders because all my games won’t fit into one folder)
    • Be able to create a folder within a folder.
    • Password protect a file (photo, document, video, etc..)
    • Have the option of installing apps on the Memory card due to lack of space on the device
    • Password protect an app (you may not want someone to open your Facebook, etc.)
    Notifications
    • The ability to customize different ring tones and volumes for different email accounts
    • Phone ringer seems to be too low most of the time
    Others
    • Data usage monitor
    • Sometimes when you zoom into a web page or email you can’t scroll around in it please fix that.
    • DON’T bring up the volume in the middle of the screen when I lower or raise the volume. Make it see through and smaller and maybe even lower
    • It would be cool to swipe minimized applications away (like on the playbook) as well as clicking the x to close them. Mot very important functionally but just really cool.
    • Live and/or panoramic wallpapers that extend to multiple pages are cooln
    Apps improvements
    • Facebook – share a post
    • Facebook – view video in landscape
    • Music Player-Driving mode ability (big buttons)
    • Contacts-Auto link same contacts or option to delete multiple records
    • Jelly bean 4.2 player so we can get more apps that aren’t yet available to us
    • Make installing bar files easier just like android allows you to click on an apk and install it. Why can't we do that with a bar file?

All of this and CONTACT GROUPS!

I can not work with out contact groups. The past month work has been so bad that I am about to almost go under.

I travel to different regions and if I can not let my customers know where I am at any given time then I make no money. And no SMSing or emailing individually does not cut it when you have over 150 customers to contact. I spend nearly 2 hours each work day combing through hundreds of contacts trying to message each one individually when before with contact groups took me a matter of seconds, this is just not cutting it.

Also can we get rid of that gimmicky swipe crap? Sorry to burst your marketing bubble buts its not intuitive nor faster. Its cumbersome and frustrating. Each time I type a word simple words and the awesome auto correct feature forces me to choose the wrong word when all I want to do is put a space in between words flicks the damn screen up instead of flicking the word up. Super annoying.

Trackpad is and always will be far more superior to any touch or gesture. This isn't the year 2300 and we are not on a the star ship Enterprise. Touchscreen technology sucks. Its not even anywhere near close to being usable. (I have had touchscreens phones since the Treo300 best phone I ever had was a Curve 8900 no touch screen!)
    06-12-13 03:05 PM
    Don't know the BB terminology for this all but it would be great if you could close an app without going to the active frames page. I get frustrated after using an app that I have to scroll through all my app pages again to get to another one. If BB would develop a user option to keep the app open in active pages or close it outright would be great.
    06-12-13 03:12 PM
    What I really want is t9 type of search through my phonebook as it is on cm9 android. It makes dialing of any number really fast.
    Well, of course it only makes sense on z10

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 03:20 PM
    I'd like to see better Gmail integration. (Delete to trash; be able to view/file to all folders.) Also, let's get the sync time frame to forever via IMAP. I know this isn't a big deal to some, but according to the forums, it is important to a vocal group. Even getting the "90 day" version to stick would be progress.

A way of going to previous or next message without backing into the Hub would be great.
    06-12-13 03:22 PM
    What do YOU wanna see on 10.2?-openapps2.jpg

I'm sure most of us love how we could swipe up to close an app on the PlayBook. But on BB10, due to how the Active Frames has 2 vertical pages to scroll up and down, the same gesture can't be implemented. And swiping to the left brings in the Hub, and the right apps. so pretty much up, down, left, and right are all taken.

If we look at other platforms,
    - iOS 7, swipe up to close an app
    - Android, swipe vertically to close an app
    - Windows Phone, no way to do it now, but it has been rumoured that MS will be adding a way to do so, and I'm guessing its swiping up.

What do YOU wanna see on 10.2?-1.jpg

Tapping on a small 'x" to close something feels kinda archaic at this point in time. Like how you would close a window on your mac or windows computer. On a small screen like a mobile device, swiping is an easier way to do it in my opinion. (or do most people just leave their active frames always open, and not bother to close them?)

---

Here's just a quick photoshop of an idea.

What do YOU wanna see on 10.2?-z10.jpg
    What do YOU wanna see on 10.2?-q10.jpg

Just one single page for Active Frames, that doesn't scroll up or down. Instead, when you have more than 4 apps open, they become even smaller, allowing up to 9 apps. This will allow the swiping up gesture to be used, as well as present more information in 1 single page.

Of course the elephant in the room is whether that is still legible or not. I tested them on my Z10 and everything is still legible for me (due to the high ppi display), but not everyone's eyesight is the same.

Or it could be done horizontally instead, using the same 4 active frame layout, but side by side. This will free up the swiping up or down gestures as well.

hmmm....
    outlib likes this.
    06-12-13 03:23 PM
    True wifi calling (not via BBM)

Updated android version to 4.x

Headless apps

Option for automatic entry into bedside mode when charging

Tap on battery icon to see detailed battery info

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 03:24 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OpenApps2.jpg 
Views:	727 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	171300

I'm sure most of us love how we could swipe up to close an app on the PlayBook. But on BB10, due to how the Active Frames has 2 vertical pages to scroll up and down, the same gesture can't be implemented. And swiping to the left brings in the Hub, and the right apps. so pretty much up, down, left, and right are all taken.

If we look at other platforms,
    - iOS 7, swipe up to close an app
    - Android, swipe vertically to close an app
    - Windows Phone, no way to do it now, but it has been rumoured that MS will be adding a way to do so, and I'm guessing its swiping up.

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	761 
Size:	160.5 KB 
ID:	171301

Tapping on a small 'x" to close something feels kinda archaic at this point in time. Like how you would close a window on your mac or windows computer. On a small screen like a mobile device, swiping is an easier way to do it in my opinion. (or do most people just leave their active frames always open, and not bother to close them?)

---

Here's just a quick photoshop of an idea.

Name:	Z10.jpg 
Views:	727 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	171302

Name:	Q10.jpg 
Views:	729 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	171303

Just one single page for Active Frames, that doesn't scroll up or down. Instead, when you have more than 4 apps open, they become even smaller, allowing up to 9 apps. This will allow the swiping up gesture to be used, as well as present more information in 1 single page.

Of course the elephant in the room is whether that is still legible or not. I tested them on my Z10 and everything is still legible for me (due to the high ppi display), but not everyone's eyesight is the same.

Or it could be done horizontally instead, using the same 4 active frame layout, but side by side. This will free up the swiping up or down gestures as well.

hmmm....
    I think that is a excellent idea!!!!!!

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    06-12-13 03:27 PM
    Add a separate screen on home so that we could keep wall paper and few widgets, and I don't find voice recorder so as to record any audio clips, and as it was displayed in promo videos that bb10 has got the option of switching into work and personal mode with just gesture, bring that into implementation!
    And for notifications add option of assigning separate tones for bbm group chat, individual chat and similarly for other apps like what's app etc. am using Q10 and I found these things are missing and if added will make it the best! though am enjoying hands onq10
    06-12-13 03:30 PM
    Camera: Panorama feature, ability to add a location to the photo and date/time info.
    Editing Feature: Ability to write text on a photo, ability to circle or draw on photos like a teleprompter
    OS: Add a counter for text sent in a month, data usage and call time + have a overall for the phone.
    Hub: Keep emails for longer then a month and don't break them up evenly for the different email accounts
    Voice command: Bring up weather in the app, don't make me search for it in the browser. More options and make it easier to use, many times I have found myself repeating myself because it doesn't understand the words I'm using.
    Music: An option that when the phone is being used with a vehicle to change songs at the main screen instead of having to swipe up to unlock it.
    06-12-13 03:31 PM
    Too much to read with all the great feedback.

It would be nice to have BBOS music feature to play all music files in a folder etc.
    Browsing the file manager doesn't provide such feature

Cheers
    06-12-13 03:34 PM
    Remove the previously viewed feature when looking at photos, please.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 03:34 PM
    Hopefully blackberry can get a few big name app partners on board. More specifically Instagram, Snap-chat and Vine. Also improve android compatibility to 4.2 jellybean...
    06-12-13 03:39 PM
    Option to record a call when talking with the z10!

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 03:40 PM
970 ... 89101112 ...