You should tell him daddy likes complexity over simplicity

My teenage son can't believe the hoops I have to jump through to sideload Android apps to get the ones I need. "Should have just got an Android, Dad." As time goes by I'm starting to think he may be on to something.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 12:39 PM
    My niece of 2 years old. Plays with her dad's gs3 and my cousins I phone and my z10 and she remembers how to unlock all of them haha

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 12:44 PM
    Yeah, there is no denying keeping track of them is useful especially when out and about but 10 year olds go places alone now? It must be the old man in me saying, "kids don't need cell phones! *waves cane around*" :P
    04-10-13 12:52 PM
    My nephew, age 15, simply said, "It's about time you got a new phone! Are you going to but it in a brick?" ....I dropped my old 9650 phone a lot!! More than anything, I imagine he's thrilled that I'll no longer have to ask to use his phone when I want to access any type of media.

As for the children that come around, maybe I'm rude, but I quickly pick up my Z10 before any of them can get to it......"sorry sweetie, it's not a toy."
    04-10-13 12:59 PM
    My 14 year old son logs my Z10. He grabs it whenever he can. My nephew, 15, thought it good too. The nephew has a Torch and I'm looking g at giving my sone my old 9810. And the other teens, son's friends, seem to like the look of it

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-10-13 01:24 PM
    My 17 year old and her friend liked it but will stick to the iPhone all there friends have the iPhone. I'm trying to get them to quit being followers and be a leader instead. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 02:00 PM
    My 5 year old daughter is telling everyone I have the newest iphone blackberry. Everyone now that I don't like Apple and hate itunes so people asking me if I bought I new phone.

It is my own fault because I asked her "Do you know what kind of mobile this is " she answered iphone. I said "BlackBerry. It's a blackberry ".

So she said "Ok iphone blackberry, I like it dad can I play a game on it". So there you have it. Compleet brainwashed at school.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 02:30 PM
    Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    04-10-13 02:59 PM
    My 9 year old son loves my Z10, he was used to playing the crappy games on my 9900 when we were out and had time to kill or on a long drive. Z10 games are a huge leap forward blasting over the car stereo thru bluetooth!

And my 18 month old son LOVES my playbook..or should I now say HIS playbook! He carries it around, can start it up and swipe to his games all by himself. When bored with a game he swipes it away and loads another one! And Iphone users say the UI is confusing!? LOL

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    04-10-13 03:02 PM
    My 11 year old has a S2 and my 17 year old has a S3. Now my 11th old wants my Z10. He thinks it is cool. I gave him my old curve when he was 8 and loved BBM.

My 17 year old wants one when instagram and a few other apps comes line.

Think we are turning into a BlackBerry family.

Posted via CB10
    TimJohnSmith likes this.
    04-10-13 04:14 PM
    My 16 YO daughter likes the Z10 but is not a touchscreen fan my 11 YO daughter wants the Z10 and really likes touchscreens. My 10 YO son could care less regardless he isn't into gadgets yet other than his 360 lol. So once the Q drops I will be picking up 2 and giving the Z to my 11 YO. All my oldest daughters friends and about 1/2 her highschool are all on BBs many moving away from iPhone and Android.

On a side not as big Disney fans in our house we are hoping that Disney or someone will create a Disney parks app like Verizon has for the iPhone and a Disney trip countdown app those would be must haves for our family.
    I have the "My Disney Experience" Android app side loaded and it works great. Real Time cue updates, park maps etc. It is made by Disney too. Awesome.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 04:25 PM
    They got there own playbooks and I pod touch for Christmas because they wouldn't put down my wife's and I play books until they died then they wanted our iphone. Now they play the playbooks until they die then want our Z10. One of the ipods hasn't been picked up since we got the Z10. The other has been charged twice because I won't let them watch Netflix on the Z10 and take the chance of breaking the port. I will give apple that the old iphone port was tough as he'll compared to a microusb

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 04:28 PM
    Oh gosh you've already turned your 2 year old daughter into a crackberry addict?? ;p

Posted via CB10
    Someone call Child Protective Service immediately. Turning a two year old into an addict of any device must be a crime against humanity and child abuse. The rumors are true...CrackBerry Kevin is the Pied Piper of smartphones.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    04-10-13 06:11 PM
    I have the "My Disney Experience" Android app side loaded and it works great. Real Time cue updates, park maps etc. It is made by Disney too. Awesome.

Posted via CB10
    I can't be bothered sideloading so I am having a Disney trip countdown clock made for me to run natively on BB10.
    04-10-13 06:12 PM
    My son is 10 and has an ipod. He thinks my z10 is "Sick". He loves the gestures and hub layering.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 06:15 PM
    Do kids in your life (your own, or kids you know of) embrace your Blackberry device or are they secretly or not so secretly hoping you get an android/iphone?
    The kids in my life (my own 17 and 14, my nephews and nieces 9, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 19) looked at my Z10 and thought that it looked like the iPhone and after my son played with it, decided he'd upgrade from his BB Bold 9900 to an iPhone 5. Sadly, the only kids I know who have a Blackberry are those who don't chose their phones but are handed older devices by their parents. My two kids, both of whom could select which device to buy, both selected iPhone.
    04-10-13 06:25 PM
    We know who's responsible for all this mess - Kevin

Someone call Child Protective Service immediately. Turning a two year old into an addict of any device must be a crime against humanity and child abuse. The rumors are true...CrackBerry Kevin is the Pied Piper of smartphones.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 07:23 PM
    10 and 12 year olds have cell phones nowadays?
    I was just thinking that. Lol I know a 6 year old with an iPad.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    04-10-13 07:27 PM
    That's what happens when you give them choices

You should have said it's Z10 or a flip phone and no other fruits are allowed besides berries

The kids in my life (my own 17 and 14, my nephews and nieces 9, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 19) looked at my Z10 and thought that it looked like the iPhone and after my son played with it, decided he'd upgrade from his BB Bold 9900 to an iPhone 5. Sadly, the only kids I know who have a Blackberry are those who don't chose their phones but are handed older devices by their parents. My two kids, both of whom could select which device to buy, both selected iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 08:21 PM
    I didn't get a cellphone until I was 21 lol.

04-10-13 08:21 PM

Im gonna make my kids walk around with pagers... the same one i used in highschool haha
    Last edited by adjdudley21; 04-10-13 at 08:50 PM.
    ErinnM likes this.
    04-10-13 08:22 PM
    My nieces are the same way (teens). The older one is the only BB10 fan in a family of iPhone users... I tell her not to worry - I got her tuition covered if my sis and brother in-law "disown" her and only send the youngest to university.

I`m going to get the Z10 to replace my 9550. My teenage daughter wants the Q10 when it comes out to replace her Curve, and my teenage boy wants the iPhone 5. I may have to disown the boy. But for him it really is about the apps. He has an iPod touch and wants the same app ecosystem although I keep trying to steer him toward the BB World to see what apps are there. He also jailbroke his iPod and has some cool Android like features, so he`s quite enjoying the iExperience. I still might disown him though. My daughter might just be my favourite.
    04-10-13 08:44 PM
    Me neither. My parents said I didn't need it.

04-10-13 08:48 PM
    I had one before then.. but only because I would take my mom's phone and carry it like it was mine, and then I talked her into getting me a nokia... Man I miss playing snake, and pong... and my monophonic remixes to top 40 songs... bring back the good days
    04-10-13 08:52 PM
    I had one before then.. but only because I would take my mom's phone and carry it like it was mine, and then I talked her into getting me a nokia... Man I miss playing snake, and pong... and my monophonic remixes to top 40 songs... bring back the good days
    My mom had Nokia too and she didn't even use it. I wanted it so bad. So funny we wanted just a phone that calls people
    Now it's so different. Haha loved snake.

04-10-13 08:54 PM
57 123