This past weekend we had a family get together and I found it funny that my neices/nephews mentioned one of the kids in their class got a Blackberry Z10 and they took a picture with it on instagram (thinking they took it with an android phone and didn't sideload instagram ).. My nephew went on to say that he really wanted a Z10 (he is like 10). And my neice said that Android/iPhone are better... (she is like 12).
    I found it really amusing to see them discussing this.

One of my other nephews has a BB that his dad handed down to him. He actually wanted a blackberry because his friends are on BBM.

Do kids in your life (your own, or kids you know of) embrace your Blackberry device or are they secretly or not so secretly hoping you get an android/iphone?
    BB_Bulldog likes this.
    04-08-13 10:26 PM
    "Wow! Your phone is so cool!" This came from an 8 year old.

A 10 year old said, "It looks like an IPhone"

More importantly, kids learn fast. They had no problems swiping without the home button. They observed for a minute and were well on their way checking out the features and... games! Had to download Chasing Yellow and Shoot the Duck. LOL!

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 10:40 PM
    I`m going to get the Z10 to replace my 9550. My teenage daughter wants the Q10 when it comes out to replace her Curve, and my teenage boy wants the iPhone 5. I may have to disown the boy. But for him it really is about the apps. He has an iPod touch and wants the same app ecosystem although I keep trying to steer him toward the BB World to see what apps are there. He also jailbroke his iPod and has some cool Android like features, so he`s quite enjoying the iExperience. I still might disown him though. My daughter might just be my favourite.
    04-08-13 10:49 PM
    10 and 12 year olds have cell phones nowadays?
    Carmels likes this.
    04-08-13 11:38 PM
    Lol, I'm 13 and have a Z10

Posted via CB10
    sosof and BB_Bulldog like this.
    04-09-13 12:25 AM
    My 10year old twins both said it "looks like an i-phone Daddy!"; however they both carry SG IIIs. Z10 is "hard to work without buttons Daddy!"
    04-09-13 12:28 AM
    My teenage daughter wants the Q10 when it comes out to replace her Curve, and my teenage boy wants the iPhone 5. I may have to disown the boy.
    I know it's bad that I found that hilarious.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-09-13 12:31 AM
    Lol my first cell phone was when I was about 22...

That was 2 and a half years ago

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 12:36 AM
    And yes, live in the good old US & A

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 12:37 AM
    Wow, your 10 year old kids both have cell phones that are nicer than mine! I have a crappy android phone now but considering Z10.
    sosof likes this.
    04-09-13 10:08 PM
    My 2 yrs old loves the Z10, but she has been playing with the PB since she was 13 months. Picked up guestures like it was nothing and basically any devices she picks up with a screen she wants to guesture, including the 3 yrs old NON-touchscreen laptop. Trying to teach her the mouse/trackpad is what the laptops uses. She's never been exposed to other brands of phones but her mom's 8530 she contantly tries to touch the screen like her dad
    Loves watching videos of herself and pictures of herself and running around taking photos usually sets to Timeshift mode even though she hasn't grasp why, basically take pictures moves through frames and picks a picture randomly. Lots of blurry pictures.
    Also likes playing games(of course) but prefers the bigger screen for games i.e. PB.
    04-09-13 10:22 PM
    Oh gosh you've already turned your 2 year old daughter into a crackberry addict?? ;p

My 2 yrs old loves the Z10, but she has been playing with the PB since she was 13 months. Picked up guestures like it was nothing and basically any devices she picks up with a screen she wants to guesture, including the 3 yrs old NON-touchscreen laptop. Trying to teach her the mouse/trackpad is what the laptops uses. She's never been exposed to other brands of phones but her mom's 8530 she contantly tries to touch the screen like her dad
    Loves watching videos of herself and pictures of herself and running around taking photos usually sets to Timeshift mode even though she hasn't grasp why, basically take pictures moves through frames and picks a picture randomly. Lots of blurry pictures.
    Also likes playing games(of course) but prefers the bigger screen for games i.e. PB.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 10:27 PM
    My 16 YO daughter likes the Z10 but is not a touchscreen fan my 11 YO daughter wants the Z10 and really likes touchscreens. My 10 YO son could care less regardless he isn't into gadgets yet other than his 360 lol. So once the Q drops I will be picking up 2 and giving the Z to my 11 YO. All my oldest daughters friends and about 1/2 her highschool are all on BBs many moving away from iPhone and Android.

On a side not as big Disney fans in our house we are hoping that Disney or someone will create a Disney parks app like Verizon has for the iPhone and a Disney trip countdown app those would be must haves for our family.
    Last edited by drydenshabsfan; 04-10-13 at 12:16 AM.
    timhorton and R Field like this.
    04-09-13 11:58 PM
    My son 3 years loves playing angry birds, thinks the graphics are far superior to the s3, also liked the depth of sound ;-) . my 6 month old daughter led me to believe they the Z10 does indeed taste like a true blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 12:20 AM
    My son is 13 and wants a 10, he's not getting one. Maybe for Christmas
    angieberry10 likes this.
    04-10-13 04:33 AM
    Mine do. 12 & 16
    Makes my life easier to be able to contact them immediately no matter where the are. Also, Verizon gives awAy iPhone 4's. And the plan I have is 30 monthly for a feature (dumb phone is what kids call them) or $40 for a smart phone ..
    And my little sheep love their iPhone/iPods but do see that the Z10 is nice especially the camera, they balk at the lack of apps
    04-10-13 05:49 AM
    My nieces and nephews love playing games on my Z10, the only problem is getting it back.
    Maybe when the cheaper models come out I will consider buying something for them.
    04-10-13 05:55 AM
    My 11 year old likes his. Only question has been about apps like Instagram. My 14 year old wants his 9360 upgraded to a Z10. I think kids in general will like them as long as the major apps get there. Doesn't matter for my kids because they know as long as I'm buying the phone they are going to be getting a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    sosof likes this.
    04-10-13 07:05 AM
    My 9-year-old thinks it's cool and wants it when I get a new phone. This from a kid who has ipad lab at school every week.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 07:20 AM
    Tell your son who's the boss in the house otherwise he can buy it with his own money if he can afford it

Gebco, "It's my way or the highway!"

[QUOTE=gebco;8284901]I`m going to get the Z10 to replace my 9550. My teenage daughter wants the Q10 when it comes out to replace her Curve, and my teenage boy wants the iPhone 5. I may have to disown the boy. /QUOTE]

Posted via CB10
    silent1mh likes this.
    04-10-13 07:48 AM
    What do the children in your life think of your Blackberry Z10?
    Poor old dad ... stuck in the past.
    04-10-13 07:49 AM
    LOL yeh my 14 yr old niece has an iphone5 and my nephew who just turned 10 now has a brand new iphone5 as well. Kids are spoiled rotten by their dad, my brother.
    pili4 and silent1mh like this.
    04-10-13 07:50 AM
    Tell them daddy wants a BlackBerry Z10

Poor old dad ... stuck in the past.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 07:52 AM
    My 10year old twins both said it "looks like an i-phone Daddy!"; however they both carry SG IIIs. Z10 is "hard to work without buttons Daddy!"
    10 year olds have cell phones! and SG III's at that...wow......gonna take a while to wrap my head around that
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    04-10-13 07:53 AM
    My teenage son can't believe the hoops I have to jump through to sideload Android apps to get the ones I need. "Should have just got an Android, Dad." As time goes by I'm starting to think he may be on to something.
    04-10-13 08:34 AM
57 123