I love the z10 but it seems like it's missing simple things. Comment what you feel BlackBerry should of included

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 10:35 PM
    Nothing is missing as all I need is a phone.
    03-19-13 10:57 PM
    It all comes down to personal preference and personal needs. It varies for everybody.

Maybe If you list the wants or needs you prefer in a phone, someone could be more of help to you.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 11:25 PM
    On the physical device nothing is missing - everything is very polished.

On the OS I miss the following:
    • Multiple alarms
    • A proper lock-screen - the iOS 4 digit code is still the most efficient for me
    • That AppWorld updates will actually notify - so far even after a day when an update is out I don't see it without having to manually check
    • An improvement on how notifications are displayed - missed calls or messages
    Javid Gozalov likes this.
    03-19-13 11:33 PM
    Auto-On-Off and Tasks
    03-19-13 11:34 PM
    Cinnamon Toast notification as an option. The default hub style notification is great, but I see a lot of people complaining about pop up or android style notifications. Its great to have that as an option. Enable it if you need them.
    03-20-13 12:11 AM
    On the physical device nothing is missing - everything is very polished.

On the OS I miss the following:
    • Multiple alarms
    • A proper lock-screen - the iOS 4 digit code is still the most efficient for me
    • That AppWorld updates will actually notify - so far even after a day when an update is out I don't see it without having to manually check
    • An improvement on how notifications are displayed - missed calls or messages
    I agree multiple alarms would be nice especially switching from ios, but the lock screen is fine, and is made to be more secure then that found on ios and android. Variation of 9 digits can be easily guessed, and breached by an unauthorized user.

I think you may need to refresh your list is app word, or check your settings because I get a notification in the notification section of the hub every time there's an update on my z10.

Notifications, messages, and missed calls are displayed in the hub in a way blackberry has always done it. I think your a custom to the ios / android style of doing things which is fine but it doesn't make them any better then bb10 because they do things differently I switch from the iPhone 5 and new not to expect anything to be the same, a different os means a different approach to how things are done.

And about the ops post: I personally am ok with the z10, after seeing Firefox os, the first few androids and ios 1.0-2.0 I didn't expect bb10 to be as complete and fluid as it is, I'm not saying there's no room for improvements cause there's many but I can't wait to see what they bring forth in the next few updates.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 02:03 AM
    Option for a numeric pin number for the lock screen rather than the whole keyboard appearing when unlocking is all I can think of at the moment. Overall the phone is awesome. Multitasking to the fullest! No lag and it just keeps on kicking. Love my phone.
    03-20-13 02:57 AM
    1. BIS - push email for POP3 accounts
    2. Separate alarms/volume settings for different notifications (eg loud for phone calls, quiet for emails and texts)
    3. usb sync - that works for memos and tasks (I'm still not able to back up my memos, which is an increasing concern)
    4. memo application that's searchable from within the app
    5. music playlist sync, so you don't have to upload individual tracks
    6. calendar app that doesn't require Gmail, outlook.com etc and allows me to delete an item and it stays deleted
    7. standby function like previous BBs, so it doesn't take 2 minutes to turn the thing on
    8. working data apps, so I don't get delays like this:
    03-20-13 04:18 AM
    In holster / Out of holster profiles.

Ability to shut the screen off in bedside mode, and have it stay off.

Per-contact customizations, particularly email notifications.

Per account notifications (ie. different tones for every email account being monitored.)

Led customization, in general and per contact.
    rstevenw likes this.
    03-20-13 05:37 AM