Hi, on second phone, (first phone had severe draining issues even when phone was powered off) did the update, on new (current phone) but battery life hasn't gotten any better with OS update .
    I am with Telus.
    I am losing from 10 to 20% an hour. More with heavy use.
    Have tried ALL the suggestions.
    Not getting any better .
    Store is going to give me a new phone, different batch from my previous two phones .
    (we checked serial numbers)
    Could it actually be that just the battery is bad, or Telus, or what.
    Trying to decide if I should try another phone, or just start with new battery ???
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 01:30 PM
    Not everything is perfect in life, especially in mass production.

Not a lot I can suggest if you've tried all suggestions. But maybe by a new battery. I have seen on here people getting better battery life as a result.

Just to add, I got my phone on day one in the UK, and was first in the store. So guess I have a gen 1 Device. Battery life has been as expected. Better with the update (marginally)

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 01:32 PM
    How long have you had your device? I had read posts prior to getting my Z that said battery life improved after days of use. I was skeptical To my surprise, it seems to have been the case. After I had gotten past the first couple of days of excessive playing with the new Z, I then started monitoring. After 3 days of what I would call normal usage (and barely making it through the day without a top-up), my battery life seems to have taken a turn for the better. I'm getting through the day with about 20-25% to spare.
    03-17-13 02:53 PM
    after restoring phone i tried to restore from back up on bb link but it said my bb id doesnt match any help
    03-17-13 03:01 PM
    Hi, on second phone, (first phone had severe draining issues even when phone was powered off) did the update, on new (current phone) but battery life hasn't gotten any better with OS update .
    I am with Telus.
    I am losing from 10 to 20% an hour. More with heavy use.
    Have tried ALL the suggestions.
    Not getting any better .
    Store is going to give me a new phone, different batch from my previous two phones .
    (we checked serial numbers)
    Could it actually be that just the battery is bad, or Telus, or what.
    Trying to decide if I should try another phone, or just start with new battery ???
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Do u have any ported apps? I've used 3 different batteries and it doesn't seem like that's causing it. You need to give more details like if you're using LTE, use a lot of life tiles, browse too much on the phone, etc...

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 03:12 PM
    Okay, when I said I tried everything, I meant it.
    Wiped phone clean, didnt install any apps, no LTE, completely changed my email accounts, screen brightness so low I can barely read, and all active frames always turned off
    My usage is fairly light, a couple of emails, a few texts, a little surfing, maybe a call or two, max. Maybe listen to a bit if music, no videos though. Not a power user.
    Seems it dies fastest when I am surfing, 20% an hour, maybe a bit more. Is that normal?
    And I have asked in the app forums about how to tell if they are ported or not.
    Thanks, it us just weird hearing about how many people claim such great battery life after the update, not mine.
    And, I have had phone over 3 weeks, so I would assume that is long enough to properly condition the battery.

Posted via CB10
    shadwellal likes this.
    03-17-13 04:23 PM
    Some days I get great battery life, others for no apparent reason it uses a lot more. This afternoon when I was out and about but not even using the phone it dropped by 10% an hour, usually it has been dropping by about 5% or less when I'm just carrying it so not sure what happened to cause this.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 04:32 PM
    From my experience with my Z10 this is not normal. I'm a heavy user (put it this way, I think im going to blow through 6gb of data in 3 weeks) and my phone lasts almost all day. I may have to plug it in once I get home. But I also get a feeling I have a perfect device as I've had none of the issues or problems anyone else has so far.

Try yet another phone, I think that's the problem.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 04:42 PM
    Okay, when I said I tried everything, I meant it.
    Wiped phone clean, didnt install any apps, no LTE, completely changed my email accounts, screen brightness so low I can barely read, and all active frames always turned off
    My usage is fairly light, a couple of emails, a few texts, a little surfing, maybe a call or two, max. Maybe listen to a bit if music, no videos though. Not a power user.
    Seems it dies fastest when I am surfing, 20% an hour, maybe a bit more. Is that normal?
    And I have asked in the app forums about how to tell if they are ported or not.
    Thanks, it us just weird hearing about how many people claim such great battery life after the update, not mine.
    And, I have had phone over 3 weeks, so I would assume that is long enough to properly condition the battery.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty much the same for me, and I highly doubt that I have a bad battery. I just happen to have kryptonite hands, because any device I get my hands on drains power fast, 2 play books, ipod touch, even my 9790 for that matter wasn't a hero for battery life. With the Z10 I'm usually at 50% power around 1 pm - 2 pm after taking it off the overnight charger at 6:30 am. That's with LTE off too. But I'm not about to dumb down my phone to a full touch Curve. I just keep a charging cord at the office and another in the car, beats routinely swapping batteries methinks.
    03-17-13 04:58 PM
    Big Man Ronnie
    Who is your provider? Not Telus I bet?!

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 05:53 PM
    Pretty much the same for me, and I highly doubt that I have a bad battery. I just happen to have kryptonite hands, because any device I get my hands on drains power fast, 2 play books, ipod touch, even my 9790 for that matter wasn't a hero for battery life. With the Z10 I'm usually at 50% power around 1 pm - 2 pm after taking it off the overnight charger at 6:30 am. That's with LTE off too. But I'm not about to dumb down my phone to a full touch Curve. I just keep a charging cord at the office and another in the car, beats routinely swapping batteries methinks.
    That might not be as funny as it sounds. I have some weird magnetic issues around watches. Any type of watch I wear except digital starts to run backwards. It takes awhile. I can go a couple of months and it just starts to lose time until eventually it starts to tick backwards. Digitals just die.
    My mom has the same thing and any type of electronic she touches doesn't work after awhile. She had the computer tech at her work baffled.

Maybe you do have a body type that drains electrical devices?

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 07:01 PM
    Chrispmoto lol, no not Telus. I hear they can be difficult at times. I'm with Rogers.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 01:32 AM