I guess people are really lining up for it.

Most of you don't read or don't know how to. I put out my criteria on the top 8th phones out there for a variety of reasons which non here has given any reason on why the z is best in class or better yet why it beats the 4s. Again the 4s, that's what it's competing with...

Sales of 4s last 17+m vs z10 1+m? Ok you guys win.

Posted via CB10
    Your the one who said it was competing with the 4s and I'm pretty sure folks have answered your question on camera, processor, screen, etc. I don't know what you're looking for at this point. You like the 4s better then that's fine. You should use what you like.

Posted via CB10
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    05-28-13 12:36 PM
    Your the one who said it was competing with the 4s and I'm pretty sure folks have answered your question on camera, processor, screen, etc. I don't know what you're looking for at this point. You like the 4s better then that's fine. You should use what you like.

Posted via CB10
    Actually I didn't... follow the threads.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 12:47 PM
    Lol... Why do you hate SwiftKey? No other keyboard on the market beats it.. Nothing offers the level of prediction.. Z10 stock keyboard is close however.

BTW 10 mins with a phone is plenty /s

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I didn't mean the algorithm/engine SwiftKey (I know BB10 is SK powered), but the actual keyboard alternative app available on Android. I'm just going to sum up what I find great about the Z10 keyboard:

- the keys are clean, big and clear, they use the available space perfectly, the letters on each key are capital, big and bold
    - word predictions show up above the letters, not in a row above the keyboard
    - the swipe gestures to erase the last word or to switch between letters, numbers and symbols

This is how I use this keyboard:
    I just type like if it was a hardware keyboard, with some flick-ups in between if they fit correctly. Spell check and auto correct via space bar are deactivated.

And I won't go over those 10 minutes if I don't want Aluminum, a phone that big, hardware buttons with bad key strokes/pressure points, bad ergonomics (single handed) and Android with its UI inconsistencies and fragmentation. I KNOW how mad all reviewers went over the One and how awesome its built quality, screen and sound is, but I don't care. I buy for USABILITY, not raw materials, screens and sound in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 02:10 PM
    Right now it all depends on what you want. For me I would say the z10, because it has imo the best operating system. Hardware goes to android, ecosystem to apple, price to the Chinese players. Overall z10

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 02:48 PM
    I have done a lot of research on this and here it is, the worlds greatest smartphone ever! This is the Motorola 8500 XL!

For those who've owned them - you know why it's the best, because it also doubles as a hammer! Try that with a Z10!
    05-28-13 03:06 PM
    I have done a lot of research on this and here it is, the worlds greatest smartphone ever! This is the Motorola 8500 XL!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...naTAC8000X.jpg

For those who've owned them - you know why it's the best, because it also doubles as a hammer! Try that with a Z10!
    Plus it was Gordon Gekko's phone of choice. That has to be a win in someone's book.

What is the best smartphone in the world today?-gekko_cell_phone_bill.jpg
    05-28-13 03:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    D_March, ignore them! Even the so-called most advanced iPhone 5 does not qualify for competing with Z10 in my opinion, not to mention the inferior model 4S.

I don't want to repeat here whatever you guys have compared Z10 with iPhone. I just want to add something here: Is Safari able to run Adobe Flash? I would say iPhone keyboard is the worst virtual keyboard so far from my 2-years-usage experience. So iPhone keyboard is nothing close to Z10 keyboard. Even though our eyes can't tell the difference between iPhone 5 's 326ppi (4") and Z10's 356ppi (4.2"), I prefer Z10's ratio aspect to iPhone 5's, which is long but too narrow to watch videos.

Does an extra charger help boost a dying built-in battery? I had to ditch my iPhone 4 before agreement ends because the battery died =the phone is totally dead without an ability of swapping out for a new battery. Apple never builds a phone with replaceable battery because they force you to buy a new phone when the built-in battery dies.

I admitted I was once a Apple fan boy too. Thanks to Apple's extraordinary marketing effort and it's popularity! I wake up today and don't want to continue any Apple's products because their proprietary hardware and accessories just keep tricking you more money. The main failure of SONY's products was attributed to their diehard proprietary hardware, i.e. insisting on Memory Chip rather than using universal SD card. Once people find themselves silly to invest more unnessary money on non -universal accessories, they end up giving up that brand. Right now, some people still don't care paying overpriced Apple products and accessories because they are living in Apple's walled garden so they ignore whatever newer technology is trending outside their garden, keeping thinking whatever Apple is offering is the best. Every Apple fan is okay when Apple update from iOS 5 to 6 with Fiasco Apple Map and some useless apps like iPassport; from 6.1 to 6.2 - comes with more battery drainage. Apple fans were exited with an overpriced iPad Mini coming out without Retina Display and then Apple just upgrade them with Retina Display, thus asking you to pay more on the newer one.

One generation after generation with just a minor upgrade is the way Apple is tricking your money. What do you expect the iPhone 5S in coming fall this year? I would say Apple is doing catchup but still appeal to fans.

Market share or popularity doesn't matter to me as a user. Toyota is selling millions while Lamborghini is selling hudreads. Does it mean that Toyota is better than Lamborghini? I feel superior because I am having a Lamborghini. IPhone is a good phone but not great yet. I love my Z10 day by day

Posted via CB10 on my adorable Z10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    05-28-13 03:26 PM
    Plus it was Gordon Gekko's phone of choice. That has to be a win in someone's book.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gekko_cell_phone_bill.jpg 
Views:	377 
Size:	244.2 KB 
ID:	166237
    Been there. Had that.
    05-28-13 04:03 PM
    D_March, ignore them! Even the so-called most advanced iPhone 5 does not qualify for competing with Z10 in my opinion, not to mention the inferior model 4S.

I don't want to repeat here whatever you guys have compared Z10 with iPhone. I just want to add something here: Is Safari able to run Adobe Flash? I would say iPhone keyboard is the worst virtual keyboard so far from my 2-years-usage experience. So iPhone keyboard is nothing close to Z10 keyboard. Even though our eyes can't tell the difference between iPhone 5 's 326ppi (4") and Z10's 356ppi (4.2"), I prefer Z10's ratio aspect to iPhone 5's, which is long but too narrow to watch videos.

Does an extra charger help boost a dying built-in battery? I had to ditch my iPhone 4 before agreement ends because the battery died =the phone is totally dead without an ability of swapping out for a new battery. Apple never builds a phone with replaceable battery because they force you to buy a new phone when the built-in battery dies.

I admitted I was once a Apple fan boy too. Thanks to Apple's extraordinary marketing effort and it's popularity! I wake up today and don't want to continue any Apple's products because their proprietary hardware and accessories just keep tricking you more money. The main failure of SONY's products was attributed to their diehard proprietary hardware, i.e. insisting on Memory Chip rather than using universal SD card. Once people find themselves silly to invest more unnessary money on non -universal accessories, they end up giving up that brand. Right now, some people still don't care paying overpriced Apple products and accessories because they are living in Apple's walled garden so they ignore whatever newer technology is trending outside their garden, keeping thinking whatever Apple is offering is the best. Every Apple fan is okay when Apple update from iOS 5 to 6 with Fiasco Apple Map and some useless apps like iPassport; from 6.1 to 6.2 - comes with more battery drainage. Apple fans were exited with an overpriced iPad Mini coming out without Retina Display and then Apple just upgrade them with Retina Display, thus asking you to pay more on the newer one.

One generation after generation with just a minor upgrade is the way Apple is tricking your money. What do you expect the iPhone 5S in coming fall this year? I would say Apple is doing catchup but still appeal to fans.

Market share or popularity doesn't matter to me as a user. Toyota is selling millions while Lamborghini is selling hudreads. Does it mean that Toyota is better than Lamborghini? I feel superior because I am having a Lamborghini. IPhone is a good phone but not great yet. I love my Z10 day by day

Your Toyota vs Lamborghini analogy makes no sense. And if we want BB to survive we better hope they get Toyota sales like numbers.
    05-28-13 04:41 PM

Apple's walled garden = smooth os, high quality business and entertainment app, sleek design... That's a lot better than what blackberry is doing right now.... Seems to me that blackberry is trying to put on their best android/Web os imitation.
    05-28-13 04:45 PM
    And that's not a slight against the z10. It's a great device, however it's missing too many features to be mentioned in the same breath as ios/android. As of right now.
    05-28-13 04:54 PM
    Treo 680

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 05:07 PM
    Donnation is borrowing my theme found from rewinding two months of posts and over several threads. He/she does this with my complete blessing. It is the sales that tell the story (of best phone) and will determine BBs survival. And not millions but tens of millions are required to get on the game, or its the time capsule for BB.

Actually herein, I also posted an analogy of Ferrari vs Chevy. Unlike the clumsy Toyota-Lambo poster's analogy also critiqued by Donnation, I point to the necessity of BlackBerry fostering an image as a Ferrari (or Mercedes) but with a similar price to that of the competition (Chevys). A tall order that leaves little room for more clumsy BB error.

Alternatively, users will be mostly content with upgrading their Apples and Samsungs with same until BB can prove to be significantly better. BB is not there yet with its Z's, Q's, or OS10.

So, as would be expected, most vote for their current phones and that leaves the new BlackBerry models, for now, well down the list.

... A sobering answer to a silly thread.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 05:19 PM
    To say iPhone 5 is not in Top 5 is really funny. I don't like Apple and don't want the iPhone, but you know what, iPhone 5 has the best OS Performance out there and that's true. If I compare iPhone 5, S3 and Z10 there is a BIG difference. The iPhone has the smoothest OS and that's true. IOS is not free like android or QNX but it's working and I doesn't have even 1 bug or reboot. I use primary my Z10 but if the reboots, Browser bugs and battery life don't will fix with 10.2 than I have to switch to iPhone again. No matter if BlackBerry is new in the game or not. I need a phone that's work and the Z10 doesn't work like it should for me.

PS: I work for a company that's have 800 Blackberry's. Now it's decision time to replace the old Smartphone's. I got the info that we don't buy the new BlackBerry and no iPhones. I hope it's not Android Phones and Windows Phone is boring.

Posted z5
    05-28-13 05:33 PM
    It's impossible to keep pace with the evolution of technology. There is always going to be a newer phone with more power. That being said, the criteria for a good phone has to be more about overall design. Ingenuity. Ease of use. the QNX and the kernel system bb10 is based on allows for a phone that feels snappy at all times without the need for 8 cores. blackberry can make a beast phone if they want to (aristo).

Posted via SEGA master system
    05-28-13 05:55 PM
    It's impossible to keep pace with the evolution of technology. There is always going to be a newer phone with more power. That being said, the criteria for a good phone has to be more about overall design. Ingenuity. Ease of use. the QNX and the kernel system bb10 is based on allows for a phone that feels snappy at all times without the need for 8 cores. blackberry can make a beast phone if they want to (aristo).

Go to Settings and look if it's snappy lol

Posted z5
    05-28-13 06:01 PM
    Apple has done a great job in marketing, and telling a story on they create their products.
    Posted via CB10
    Going slightly OT: This is a key point. One that BBRY seems to have completely missed. The two or three BlackBerry commercials I've seen are essentially useless whereas Apple's are memorable. Forget whether the feature works or not, or is significantly useful, the marketing is brilliant: Siri, camera panorama-mode, and "more pictures are taken every day on iPhones than...."

Brilliant.
    05-28-13 06:27 PM
    To say iPhone 5 is not in Top 5 is really funny. I don't like Apple and don't want the iPhone, but you know what, iPhone 5 has the best OS Performance out there and that's true. If I compare iPhone 5, S3 and Z10 there is a BIG difference. The iPhone has the smoothest OS and that's true. IOS is not free like android or QNX but it's working and I doesn't have even 1 bug or reboot. I use primary my Z10 but if the reboots, Browser bugs and battery life don't will fix with 10.2 than I have to switch to iPhone again. No matter if BlackBerry is new in the game or not. I need a phone that's work and the Z10 doesn't work like it should for me.

PS: I work for a company that's have 800 Blackberry's. Now it's decision time to replace the old Smartphone's. I got the info that we don't buy the new BlackBerry and no iPhones. I hope it's not Android Phones and Windows Phone is boring.

Posted z5
    No new bb, no iPhone, no android and no windows - what else is out there though?

Good comment.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-28-13 07:01 PM
    Really, BlackBerry hater am I? I own both the z and q just calling it how I see it. Here's my collection of phones on every platform. Can you say that you have an unbiased opinion as I do?

Attachment 166178

Posted via CB10
    what's that case ya got on the 2nd from left???
    05-28-13 07:29 PM
    Go to Settings and look if it's snappy lol

Posted z5
    What do you mean?

05-28-13 07:45 PM
    what's that case ya got on the 2nd from left???
    Lunatik

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    05-28-13 08:20 PM
    I guess people are really lining up for it.

Most of you don't read or don't know how to. I put out my criteria on the top 8th phones out there for a variety of reasons which non here has given any reason on why the z is best in class or better yet why it beats the 4s. Again the 4s, that's what it's competing with...

Sales of 4s last 17+m vs z10 1+m? Ok you guys win.

Posted via CB10

What is the best smartphone in the world today?-img_00000185.png

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    05-28-13 08:51 PM
    Am a BlackBerry fan. But the best smartphone for me is still the iPhone. It's still the benchmark. I have android with Jellybean on a Galaxy Nexus, Windows Phone 8 and while they are all interesting OSs the most mature (and yes maybe now boring) one is still iOS.

BUT the difference is much smaller than it was a few years back. Android came a long way, BlackBerry made a gigantic leap and Windows Phone is also pretty decent.

Let's see what ios7 will be and how BlackBerry keeps improving OS 10.x.

But if you ask me for the best Touchscreen keyboard it's the z10. BlackBerry does many things better than the competition but it needs to continue to push it to get overall ahead.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 10:04 PM
    Apple have confirmed iOS 7 to be announced at WWDC - the Jonny Ive inspired and designed OS. Strap yourselves in.
    05-28-13 11:07 PM
    Going slightly OT: This is a key point. One that BBRY seems to have completely missed. The two or three BlackBerry commercials I've seen are essentially useless whereas Apple's are memorable. Forget whether the feature works or not, or is significantly useful, the marketing is brilliant: Siri, camera panorama-mode, and "more pictures are taken every day on iPhones than...."

Brilliant.
    I agree, BlackBerry marketing is not done well at all.

Keep moving commercials does not tell me anything.

However marketing aside, at some point the product has to be there as well and yes apple may not have the top specs but it just works. That's why people buy it, and enjoy using it.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 04:59 AM
298 ... 678910 ...