Z10 is the best for me. S4 is similar to one, being an android. Ip5 is plain too small. Nokia Wphone ( i got a 630) is even worse in almost all aspects.
    None can do swipe as in Z10. No time for backbutton or home button.

Z10, Indonesia
    05-28-13 01:20 AM
    Z10 is the best for me. S4 is similar to one, being an android. Ip5 is plain too small. Nokia Wphone ( i got a 630) is even worse in almost all aspects.
    None can do swipe as in Z10. No time for backbutton or home button.

Z10, Indonesia
    When you're running a fortune 500 company I guess every micro seconds counts when sending emails and answering calls.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 05:05 AM
    It isn't. Aside from bbm

Posted via CB10
    Yeah true, but won't be long. I don't think it'll be a success as some is making it out to be. The moment has passed.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 05:06 AM
    It's the one that works best for you, period.
    05-28-13 05:32 AM
    Really? I own both the z10 and the q10 and I honestly think it's where it should be. Sure bb10 has some good things, I don't even know what those are to be honest, it different not necessarily better that's up to the person to decide. I'm not alone on this opinion either, of course BlackBerry fanboys would say different but that's expected. Ask yourself these.

Is the processor better?
    Is the camera better? Does it take better pics?
    Is the overall build and design better?

Is the screen quality better? Not the size obviously the z10 is larger.

Is the software better? Sure I can swipe to my hearts desire with bb10 but so what are you actually making time and productive? I can jailbreak an iPhone and do all that with zephyr and auxo, albeit that I have to jailbreak it. Even if I don't jb it doesn't make anyone respond to an email that much faster or answer a call any better.

Is it cheaper than a 4s?

Is battery life that much better? People like to say they get 12-16 hours on a z10, sure if all you do is respond to emails and take a few calls and nothing else. Tools not toys right? I left a q10 in my office over the weekend on a full charge and when I came in today it was still about 40% 48 hours later so yeah it sat there idle and ate up 60% battery w/o me touching it so I guess it's better right?

Is the app selection better if you buy a z10 vs an iPhone 4s?

What about Google native apps like chrome, hangouts and maps the de facto standard in mobile maps are those available on the z10?

Educate me on how and what way the z10 is better than the 4s, keep in mind that it's also almost two years old that according to you it should be placed higher than the 4s that it's competing with. What place should it be on? Top 5, top 3? Or is it the best phone out there right now?

Educate away.

Posted via CB10
    The processor in the Z10 is a dual core 1.5 ghz snapdragon. The processor in the iphone 4s is a dual core 800 mhz processor I believe so I would say the Z10 is better. The screen PPI on the Z10 is 355 while it is 326 on the 4s so I would say the Z10 wins in that area as well. Camera and build seem to be more subjective. Apple beats everyone on apps. I have no clue about battery life between the two. I do know I can carry a spare battery with my Z10 but that would not be an option with an apple phone.

Posted via CB10
    cdnynot and rtang1007 like this.
    05-28-13 07:25 AM
    I am biased BlackBerry because I haven't used any other phone and don't care too (I also don't bash other companies as I see no point), as a Canadian I will support a Canadian company!

This who better bull**** doesn't bother me until "people" start to bash other companies, are we only supposed to have 3 or 4 phones to choose from? This only leads in one direction, companies going out of business and leaving a monopoly on the phone market and for people who don't care or realize what monopolies do, they take our (consumers) wants and throw them in the garbage since our choices would be so few. Crazy how the world's population keeps growing and our choices keep shrinking!

Z10, Q10, S4, iphone4, HTC one or whatever phone I've missed, to me it doesn't matter as long as YOU love it and if people don't like your choice, tell them to fcuk off since it was your choice!

Just my cent and a half, figuring in exchange rate lol..

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 07:55 AM
    How can u tell when you haven't try every smartphone existing in this world? And then, best on what? Performance, value, design? Are we talking about specific model or just brand?

But I think the thread should discuss which smartphone OS is the best, if not among ALL existing Mobile OS, then at least top three (or more). Let's say IOS, Android, BB10, Win 8?

I like the app variety and the simplicity of IOS. I like the stability, the (almost?) unlimited possibilities to do with android. I love the virtual keyboard, the smooth, flow experience on bb10. Never use win 8, so don't know.

I use Htc Desire VC and z10 currently. Both are used (almost) equally. Love both. But the best? Don't think so.

-- cheers
    05-28-13 08:15 AM
    The processor in the Z10 is a dual core 1.5 ghz snapdragon. The processor in the iphone 4s is a dual core 800 mhz processor I believe so I would say the Z10 is better. The screen PPI on the Z10 is 355 while it is 326 on the 4s so I would say the Z10 wins in that area as well. Camera and build seem to be more subjective. Apple beats everyone on apps. I have no clue about battery life between the two. I do know I can carry a spare battery with my Z10 but that would not be an option with an apple phone.

Posted via CB10
    Fair enough.

326 ppi vs 355 - most can't tell the difference.

I can also carry an extra battery on the iPhone - like a mophie or those usb battery chargers. Or do you mean a blackberry branded battery? Yeah Apple don't make those spare batteries.

so with that the z10 beat out the 4s that's a two years old on - processor, ram, screen ppi, and I'll give you battery as well since apple don't make their own. Which place should it be? I had the z10 on 8th place, while 4s was 6th. Should it be top 5, top 3 in the market right now?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 08:16 AM
    How can u tell when you haven't try every smartphone existing in this world? And then, best on what? Performance, value, design? Are we talking about specific model or just brand?

But I think the thread should discuss which smartphone OS is the best, if not among ALL existing Mobile OS, then at least top three (or more). Let's say IOS, Android, BB10, Win 8?

I like the app variety and the simplicity of IOS. I like the stability, the (almost?) unlimited possibilities to do with android. I love the virtual keyboard, the smooth, flow experience on bb10. Never use win 8, so don't know.

I use Htc Desire VC and z10 currently. Both are used (almost) equally. Love both. But the best? Don't think so.

-- cheers
    I've tried every platform, I have the Lumia 920, nexus 4, z10 and ip5. I tell you that for the overall experience, build quality, design, apps, ecosystem iPhone is still king and what most people still want. It's a combination of all that makes it true. It's not perfect yes, and every platform has flaws however year over year it comes on top of consumer satisfaction.

Posted via CB10
    cuek80 likes this.
    05-28-13 08:24 AM
    Fair enough.

326 ppi vs 355 - most can't tell the difference.

I can also carry an extra battery on the iPhone - like a mophie or those usb battery chargers. Or do you mean a blackberry branded battery? Yeah Apple don't make those spare batteries.

so with that the z10 beat out the 4s that's a two years old on - processor, ram, screen ppi, and I'll give you battery as well since apple don't make their own. Which place should it be? I had the z10 on 8th place, while 4s was 6th. Should it be top 5, top 3 in the market right now?

Posted via CB10
    You requested someone compare a list of things between the two products. So I did. Use what you want and rank them the way you want. I don't care. I just posted the comparison you requested.

Posted via CB10
    rtang1007 likes this.
    05-28-13 08:35 AM
    You requested someone compare a list of things between the two products. So I did. Use what you want and rank them the way you want. I don't care. I just posted the comparison you requested.

Posted via CB10
    You can't make a reasonable response to tgzgeorge or noZ10Fido without them coming back with some quibbling or nonsensical argument. Their tone and tactics are giving them away for what they are: BB-hating trolls on our forum.

Posted via CB10
    cdnynot likes this.
    05-28-13 08:46 AM
    Just another cheerleader thread gone a bit awry. If a personal choice question then there's no debate: Obviously, at this very moment, the Z may not make the top ten (and the Q should break out and eclipse Z's position by summers end). There are simply too many other phones in users hands--presumptively most vote for their own phones.

But they still sell more Chevys than Ferraris in the World. If one could have a Ferrari (or even most Mercedes) for the price of a Chevy (x maybe vette), there's little decision (let's not split hairs here on maintenance and insurance costs).

The Z is going to have to do much more than even attempts at the best laid arguments herein if it is going to come across consistently as the superb choice. It simply has too many OS10 bugs and too few (mist wanted) apps today even if equal in most other respects.

It has security, true, but frankly it largely exceeds the demands of thst purchasing public reqd to keep it in business (rf., threads on this topic). Indeed, certain security features can be a detraction to a few potential buyers. Regardless securiry is not a singular attribute that's going to bring home the gold--any more than retina or finger print scan to start your Chevy.

BlackBerry has to be far superior to unseat a discernable percentage of the Worldwide Apple or Samsung users. "Rah-Rah" is not going to get it done, BB doesn't have the cash to pummel with ads, and BB has no carriers (outside of Canada) that are willing to push the Z/Q from the top of their list of options.

Has anyone on this forum avoided all products made in China?! (I extend my respect.) No matter how one slices it, slave labor that costs U.S., Canadian, European jobs whether from China or Mexico. The short cuts the West took, the World we made, the future we face...but then that 's for another thread.

Posted via CB10
    cuek80 likes this.
    05-28-13 09:01 AM
    Galaxy S4
    Nokia 920
    HTC One
    BlackBerry Z10/Q10
    Iphone 289748s
    Galaxy S4
    05-28-13 09:01 AM
    Galaxy S4
    Nokia 920
    HTC One
    BlackBerry Z10/Q10
    Iphone 289748s
    Galaxy S4
    Wow...I should check out that S4. It's so good that it made your list twice, huh?
    05-28-13 09:04 AM
    Wow...I should check out that S4. It's so good that it made your list twice, huh?
    Just woke up, lol. Did not realize it. Haven't even played with one yet, but I can say from what I've seen the S4 just looks too big. But then gain, some people prefer holding tablets to their face.

Soon itll be like family guy where peter walks around with a tv attached to his waist.
    05-28-13 09:07 AM
    Swiftkey powers the BlackBerry 10 keyboard algorithm.. LOL!
    Not with the same deep integration that SwiftKey for android does...

But if there is information out there that says otherwise please point me in the right direction

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    05-28-13 09:38 AM
    You can't make a reasonable response to tgzgeorge or noZ10Fido without them coming back with some quibbling or nonsensical argument. Their tone and tactics are giving them away for what they are: BB-hating trolls on our forum.

Posted via CB10
    Sort of like your "reasonable" response to my request for compared pictures between the iPhone 5 and Z10?

You seem to be the only person who would make that ridiculous statement.

Now back it up...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    kevinnugent likes this.
    05-28-13 09:44 AM
    Really? I own both the z10 and the q10 and I honestly think it's where it should be. Sure bb10 has some good things, I don't even know what those are to be honest, it different not necessarily better that's up to the person to decide. I'm not alone on this opinion either, of course BlackBerry fanboys would say different but that's expected. Ask yourself these.

Is the processor better?
    Is the camera better? Does it take better pics?
    Is the overall build and design better?

Is the screen quality better? Not the size obviously the z10 is larger.

Is the software better? Sure I can swipe to my hearts desire with bb10 but so what are you actually making time and productive? I can jailbreak an iPhone and do all that with zephyr and auxo, albeit that I have to jailbreak it. Even if I don't jb it doesn't make anyone respond to an email that much faster or answer a call any better.

Is it cheaper than a 4s?

Is battery life that much better? People like to say they get 12-16 hours on a z10, sure if all you do is respond to emails and take a few calls and nothing else. Tools not toys right? I left a q10 in my office over the weekend on a full charge and when I came in today it was still about 40% 48 hours later so yeah it sat there idle and ate up 60% battery w/o me touching it so I guess it's better right?

Is the app selection better if you buy a z10 vs an iPhone 4s?

What about Google native apps like chrome, hangouts and maps the de facto standard in mobile maps are those available on the z10?

Educate me on how and what way the z10 is better than the 4s, keep in mind that it's also almost two years old that according to you it should be placed higher than the 4s that it's competing with. What place should it be on? Top 5, top 3? Or is it the best phone out there right now?

Educate away.

Posted via CB10
    Class is now in session.

I phone4s

Processor :Approximately 800 MHz dual-core ARM Cortex-A9

Display : 640960 resolution at 326 ppi (0.61 MP) 3.5in (89mm) diagonal 1.5:1 aspect ratio widescreen

Front Camera : 0.3 MP

Memory: 512 MB

No NFC
    No HDMI
    No true multitasking

BlackBerry Z10

Processor : Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus 1.5 GHz dual-core

Display : 1,280 x 768 px (0.98 megapixels) 4.2-inch at 356 ppi, 15:9 aspect ratio

Front Camera : 2MP

Memory: 2 GB Ram

NFC capabilities
    HDMI port
    True Multi Tasking

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    rtang1007 and PatrickMJS like this.
    05-28-13 09:45 AM
    So to answer your questions....

Yes the processor is better
    Yes BOTH cameras are better
    Yes Screen quality is better
    Yes time and productivity is better
    Yes it has a better battery
    Yes the Memory is better

PatrickMJS likes this.
    05-28-13 09:54 AM
    I bought the HTC One recently. It's head and shoulders above the others at present. I've had the Z10 and the Samsung phones.
    Yep, I have the HTC one too and it's currently the best out there. I also have the Z10 and Q10

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent likes this.
    05-28-13 11:03 AM

Yes the Memory is better

Yes that's what the z10 is competing with the 4s. Yay!

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 11:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    Really, BlackBerry hater am I? I own both the z and q just calling it how I see it. Here's my collection of phones on every platform. Can you say that you have an unbiased opinion as I do?

What is the best smartphone in the world today?-img_1105-1-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent likes this.
    05-28-13 11:34 AM

Yes the Memory is better

I guess people are really lining up for it.

Most of you don't read or don't know how to. I put out my criteria on the top 8th phones out there for a variety of reasons which non here has given any reason on why the z is best in class or better yet why it beats the 4s. Again the 4s, that's what it's competing with...

Sales of 4s last 17+m vs z10 1+m? Ok you guys win.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 11:42 AM
    The fact the z10 is considered competition with the 4s speaks volumes. About how outdated the iPhone is yet the 2 year old variant is current competition

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 11:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    You are a troll. I bet I could barricade your front door with all the bbrys I've had.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 11:46 AM
298 ... 56789 ...