Why are you even on the blackberry forum if you like iPhone? There are iphone boards

Posted via SEGA master system
    No need to soil your dungarees.
    red_devil_fan_1999 likes this.
    05-27-13 12:52 PM
    IPhone and android are the best dumbphone for sheeple and kids.

Z10 is for grownups who expect more

-my biased opinion.

Posted via CB10 & Z10
    troll harder!
    05-27-13 01:22 PM
    I agree with others in that, there is only a best phone for the user. For ME PERSONALLY, it's the Z10. I love the UI, hub, the email & txt experience, bbm, peek & flow & the ability to side load droid apps. I don't like random reboots, the lack of free wifi hot spot & the fact some app devs refuse to write apps for it. For ME PERSONALLY, the pros out weight the cons

Posted via CB10
    cdnynot likes this.
    05-27-13 02:09 PM
    Bbry doesn't mind children in india making a portion of their "120000" "apps"

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 02:11 PM
    ]Shi-tty camera
    I think this is the first time I have ever heard anyone, including fanboys of other platforms say this...

hopeless maps
    The app store works wonders. Google maps are available.

Also, Apple Maps is still better than BB Maps. At least that's what I read in almost every single review comparing them. None of them come close to Google Maps

nil security
    Seems like consumers don't care, and businesses are bringing them in all the time. Same with the government.

no hdmi out
    This probably means nothing to the majority of people. And they can just buy an adapter if they really need it. The only other phone I owned that had HDMI out was the Droid X. That device is over 2 years old.

What other BB has HDMI out built into the device?

damages so easily
    Buy a case.

horribly outdated os, built by abused workers in China... but man it sure is the best phone out there!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    I agree the OS is outdated. It is very stale and I hope a major refresh comes along for the sake of competition.

Yes it is sad that Apple uses these places, but it is China's fault that this is even allowed. It's a shame multi national companies keep their profits in offshore accounts instead of keeping it in the US (for US companies), but it is legal and they have every right to until WE change things.

Dude, whatever to you.

It is their phone for this year. It is the ONLY phone they have this year.

Posted via CB10
    I see what you are saying, but it is not their phone for this year. Everyone knows their phone for this year is not out yet.

The iPhone 4 and 4S are available right now. The iPhone 5 is not the only phone available from Apple. They have multiple old phones available this year (including the iPhone 5). But this years iPhone will be the one released this year.

Would you honestly consider the PlayBook this years tablet for BlackBerry?
    05-27-13 02:54 PM
    Bbry doesn't mind children in india making a portion of their "120000" "apps"

Posted via CB10
    I think you might be thinking of the actual trained programmers from India. I seriously doubt a lot of Indian children can write computer languges.

brout and PatrickMJS like this.
    05-27-13 03:04 PM
    I personally don't think the htc one is selling that well nor does it have that many real world users. I think most sites blogs people look at the spec sheet and the fact that it boast an already matured os and kinda just throw the phone up there.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 03:06 PM
    I think you might be thinking of the actual trained programmers from India. I seriously doubt a lot of Indian children can write computer languges.

It was more of a joke. I remember an article where some 12-14 year old was making os10 apps

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 03:14 PM
    I personally don't think the htc one is selling that well nor does it have that many real world users. I think most sites blogs people look at the spec sheet and the fact that it boast an already matured os and kinda just throw the phone up there.

Posted via CB10
    Whether or not its selling well I can't tell you. I can tell you that it's a better phone than the GS4.
    05-27-13 04:04 PM
    Shi-tty camera
    You wrote:
    I think this is the first time I have ever heard anyone, including fanboys of other platforms say this...

My comment:
    Try it. Put a Z10 & an i5 side-by-side and taken some pictures. I did and over 90% of about 100 photos were NOTICABLY BETTER on the Z10.

hopeless maps
    You wrote:
    The app store works wonders. Google maps are available.

Also, Apple Maps is still better than BB Maps. At least that's what I read in almost every single review comparing them. None of them come close to Google Maps

My comment:
    Funny it's only Apple Maps that the Australian government has issued a "do not use" warning for tourists travelling there.

I just came home from a holiday in The Netherlands and Turkey. BlackBerry Maps worked beautifully for me in both countries, with turn by turn voice instructions that even worked while going thru a traffic circle.

nil security
    You wrote:
    Seems like consumers don't care, and businesses are bringing them in all the time. Same with the government.

My comment:
    I just read a big story on the world's largest news gathering organization, the Associated Press, stating that banking fraud on smartphones hit $4billion in 2012 and is expected to surpass banking fraud on laptops next year. Their video featured the iphone. Just saying. Blackberry's rock solid patented security is valuable to those who value their savings and their right to privacy.

no hdmi out
    You wrote:
    This probably means nothing to the majority of people. And they can just buy an adapter if they really need it. The only other phone I owned that had HDMI out was the Droid X. That device is over 2 years old.

What other BB has HDMI out built into the device?

My comment:
    The Z10, the Q10 & the PlayBook have hdmi out and so do a lot of other tablets, laptops, various devices, it is a widely used format, compatible across most electronics brands excepts oops surprise, not Apple.

damages so easily
    You wrote:
    Buy a case.

My comment:
    The fact is the BlackBerry phone is significantly more durable and less prone to cracked glass than the iphone.

horribly outdated os, built by abused workers in China... but man it sure is the best phone out there!!!!!
    You wrote:
    I agree the OS is outdated. It is very stale and I hope a major refresh comes along for the sake of competition.

Yes it is sad that Apple uses these places, but it is China's fault that this is even allowed. It's a shame multi national companies keep their profits in offshore accounts instead of keeping it in the US (for US companies), but it is legal and they have every right to until WE change things.

My comment:
    It is Apple's fault for contracting with these suppliers knowing the workers' conditions. The fact that China allows it and that other companies are doing this, doesn't make it right for Apple to do it. BlackBerry phones are made in Mxico and workers cannot be treated like that under the North American Free Trade Agreement.

I wrote:
    "Dude, whatever to you.

It is their phone for this year. It is the ONLY phone they have this year."

You wrote:
    I see what you are saying, but it is not their phone for this year. Everyone knows their phone for this year is not out yet.

My comment:
    Dude, you're like jumping in the middle of an ongoing conversation and taking one line of dialog out of context. Typical troll debating tactic. Go troll elsewhere. Plus you're promoting Apple's unreleased product before they have even announced it.
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 05-27-13 at 05:35 PM.
    rtang1007 likes this.
    05-27-13 04:18 PM
    I have to disagree with you. Android has grown up, it is not just a laggy os with games. It can be as productive as BB. Hower, if we look to the swipe gestures and Hub, the OS10 is as good as Android. So, you just have to look at the advantages, which are for me, better than Android's advantages.
    Lol I have an S3 and at time it can be laggy despite the fact that I regularly clear the ram. On top of that it is GLITCHY! Going into it I heard about the bugs but I was not prepared for this, MMS won't display, randomly stuck in airplane mode, keyboard doesn't show up, etc etc. I'm sure every OS has its faults but to say Android is grown up is a bit false in my opinion
    05-27-13 04:25 PM
    I think Z10 is the best of course! But to each their own.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 04:28 PM
    Simply said to each there own this argument can go on forever

my choice ..isent it clear this is the crackberry forums = for blackbery OWNERS

ZZZZZZZZZZ=10 ......lol
    05-27-13 04:41 PM
    Bakron,

You are so wrong. The BlackBerry phones are made in either Mxico or Hungary. Both countries have minimal labour and safety standards versus China which has none. The iPhone workers in China had such poor working and living conditions they started jumping off their dormitory rooftops to kill themselves. Steve Jobs' solution was to get Foxconn to install nets around the buildings and force all the remaining workers to sign contracts agreeing that their final paycheck will be forfeited if they kill themselves. The iPhone5 is still being made there. Go ahead. Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    I can't tell if you really believe this or are lying through your teeth for the sake of trolling.
    05-27-13 04:50 PM
    Yeah I'm serious. Go out with both phones and take several side-by-side photos and you'll discover the reality that the Z10 camera ACTUALLY takes better pictures than the iPhone5 about 90% of the time.

Hdmi out on the iPhone5 maxes out at 720p vs 1080p on the Z10 plus the Z10 uses standard micro hdmi cables (10 feet long less than $10) whereas with the iPhone you need a special $40 i-adaptor and it's only about 3 feet long.

And regarding Foxconn, if you think Apple doesn't have a say in how those workers are treated, think again. Apple could have those conditions changed in a minute if they wanted to. But the money they are making on the backs of those unfortunate souls is more important to Apple and it's shareholders and customers. Just keeping it real, man.

Posted via CB10
    As long as your "keeping it real, man", how about educating yourself as to Apple's response to Foxconn's working conditions.

Anti-suicide netting Steve Jobs' idea. ROFL.
    05-27-13 04:57 PM
    Obviously the Z10.
    Q10
    05-27-13 05:04 PM
    As long as your "keeping it real, man", how about educating yourself as to Apple's response to Foxconn's working conditions.

Anti-suicide netting Steve Jobs' idea. ROFL.
    Lol, I chuckled at that one myself.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    05-27-13 05:07 PM
    Seriously guys, the anti-suicide netting was put up while Steve Jobs was still alive and I don't recall him threatening Foxconn to take down those nets. It maybe you can provide some proof of that. No, he was fine with that as "part of the solution". He could have changed if he wanted to. He didn't. Stop apologizing for his inaction in the face of the inhuman working conditions his devices were made under.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 05:21 PM
    Whether or not its selling well I can't tell you. I can tell you that it's a better phone than the GS4.
    Well I think the z10 is a better phone than the gs4 and iPhone 5, but I think apps is the biggest killer on the Z10 the software it's self is evolving pretty fast and becoming more stable

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    05-27-13 05:45 PM
    Z10.... duh

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 05:55 PM
    I work in a phone store and the other day and I got asked what is best smartphone. by a customer and when I said it depends on requirements the person jumped down my throat saying I'm a liar and I don't know anything and that iPhone is best phone and laughed at me when I defended my stance.
    Sorry. Those of us who live in the real world have doubts that the events described actually took place.
    05-27-13 06:40 PM
    I would like to see the answers if this question comes up in 7 months. New iPhone, probably a whole bunch of new android based phones, Aristo? hehe.

As for my opinion? My 9900 is the best phone in the world for me. Thats just me though.

Craziest edit ever: Just saw the results for Telus Q10 contest. My vote stays the same because I will miss being able to text message on my Playbook and pass it off as if I was taking notes. Q10 here I come...
    Last edited by eddy_berry; 05-27-13 at 07:13 PM.
    05-27-13 06:42 PM
    Try it. Put a Z10 & an i5 side-by-side and taken some pictures. I did and over 90% of about 100 photos were NOTICABLY BETTER on the Z10.
    I have seen a Z10 and iPhone 5 side by side pictures. The Z10 is not as good. The Z10 takes good pictures, but from what I have seen, I have found the iPhone 5 takes much better pictures.

Funny it's only Apple Maps that the Australian government has issued a "do not use" warning for tourists travelling there.

I just came home from a holiday in The Netherlands and Turkey. BlackBerry Maps worked beautifully for me in both countries, with turn by turn voice instructions that even worked while going thru a traffic circle.
    I never said Apple Maps were perfect. I never even said they were good. I said they have been compared to BB Maps and have been found better in several reviews. As another poster mentioned, Apple maps are not the best in some locations. But in the ones it is, what it offers is supposedly better.

I have used Apple maps here in new York and I had no problems.

I just read a big story on the world's largest news gathering organization, the Associated Press, stating that banking fraud on smartphones hit $4billion in 2012 and is expected to surpass banking fraud on laptops next year. Their video featured the iphone. Just saying. Blackberry's rock solid patented security is valuable to those who value their savings and their right to privacy.
    I agree, BlackBerry offers better security. I just commented that business and government organizations are using iPhones. I never commented on consumer grade apps.

The Z10, the Q10 & the PlayBook have hdmi out and so do a lot of other tablets, laptops, various devices, it is a widely used format, compatible across most electronics brands excepts oops surprise, not Apple.
    Ah I should have mentioned the Q10, I honestly forgot it even released. I would assume all high end/mid range BBs will have HDMI out now since the PlayBook. My point was nothing below BB10 (and PB) devices have it.

Why even mention other electronics? Apple has been known to have proprietary hardware. Look at all of their cables. This is a KNOWN thing buying an Apple product. It has been this way forever.

The fact is the BlackBerry phone is significantly more durable and less prone to cracked glass than the iphone.
    My friend dropped his Z10 on the floor and the upper left hand corner chipped, scratched and wore down other parts of the coloring.

Is it confirmed that the Z10 is less pron to cracked glass? We have read here on the forums and it has been mentioned in other articles that when the Z10 glass does crack, it is unusable. This is not the case for the iPhone.

http://mashable.com/2013/03/20/black...-up-with-that/

It is Apple's fault for contracting with these suppliers knowing the workers' conditions. The fact that China allows it and that other companies are doing this, doesn't make it right for Apple to do it. BlackBerry phones are made in Mxico and workers cannot be treated like that under the North American Free Trade Agreement.
    And in China, it isn't considered wrong. So again, complaining about companies that use them doesn't solve the problem of them not being used. Theyc an still be used in China period. It is still happening because China allows it and it wont stop until China stops it.

Let's hate the players but not the one who is allowing, and sponsoring the game.

I do agree with you that Apple should stop using these companies, and if Apple did know about the Child labor, than I have lost a lot of respect for them, and I barely have any left. The problem is much bigger than Apple though. The problems lies within the country itself.

Dude, you're like jumping in the middle of an ongoing conversation and taking one line of dialog out of context. Typical troll debating tactic. Go troll elsewhere. Plus you're promoting Apple's unreleased product before they have even announced it.
    But I understand the dialog. Trolling? Wow, typical response from someone who has no rebuttal.

You are wrong. You see you are wrong, and then you claim I am promoting Apple's unreleased product. Completely foolish. Anyone who knows anything about smartphones know the device will be released this year. Anyone who knows anything about smartphones knows Apple typically releases a new iPhone every year.

The iPhone released in 2013 will be this years iPhone. 2013 is this year, the iPhone 5 was released in 2012 which was last year.

All the iPhone 5 is is the most current iPhone. Not the 2013 iPhone.

You are the opposite of most on this forum who complain when the iPhone and high end Android devices were compaired to BB7 devices.

You didn't answer my question. Do you consider the PlayBook to be this years BlackBerry tablet?

Call me a troll, I hope it makes you feel better.
    xanadome likes this.
    05-27-13 06:54 PM
    Shi-tty camera, hopeless maps, nil security, no hdmi out, damages so easily, horribly outdated os, built by abused workers in China... but man it sure is the best phone out there!!!!!
    Addressing your points:

1. Camera: Really? Nobody is buying Blackberry for the camera. Nobody. Apple has consistently gotten better camera images coming from what appears (on paper, anyway) to be inferior hardware.
    2. Maps: Again...really? Compared to Blackberry? C'mon.
    3. Security: You're on the money here.
    4. HDMI-out: Yeah...okay...Z10 has HDMI out. Which most people will use once...maybe twice. Just enough times so that those who bought the cord can reflect on the fact that they should have saved their money. Others (though I submit, a limited few) will use HDMI-out more often.
    05-27-13 07:02 PM
    The fact that iPhone 5 is still selling millions vs the one x vs s4, s3 and vs the z10/q10 proves that you don't need to have the best hardware for people to buy it.

For most people they don't care, they want the best experience, ease of use, app selection, customer service, 3rd party vendors that compliments the iPhone are what people are after. Call them sheeps all you want at the end of the day most are happy and satisfied with in the iPhone.

Apple has done a great job in marketing, and telling a story on they create their products.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 07:02 PM
298 ... 34567 ...