A bit biased I assume
    Funny how the quote above is the response when someone says the Z10, but not when someone writes this...

My vote is iPhone 5. By far.
    Shi-tty camera, hopeless maps, nil security, no hdmi out, damages so easily, horribly outdated os, built by abused workers in China... but man it sure is the best phone out there!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 09:46 AM
    The fact that the iPhone 5 is mentioned in this thread says a lot for Apple. It's a year old phone. We'll see what Apple does with the 5S and iOS7. It could be an interesting few months ahead in the mobile marketplace.
    The iphone 5 did not get released in may of 2012. I think you're off be several months.
    05-27-13 09:47 AM
    The iphone 5 did not get released in may of 2012. I think you're off be several months.
    Ok give or take a few months. Regardless it was released in 2012.
    05-27-13 09:51 AM
    HTC One

I do not even see how the Z10 is even in this conversation.. Well besides the fact that this is a BlackBerry Focused discussion board... But the fact is the Z10/BB10 still has a long way to go.

There is nothing that the Z10 does faster/more efficient than any 4.x android phone. We can argue the Z10 against the iPhone 5... But with an iOS redesign and new hardware coming.. We should save judgment.

PS... This Tapatalk app redesign is verrrrrry nice... Still a little buggy however.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    The Z10 belongs in the discussion without a doubt regardless of the forum. I disagree with your assessment. As a user of on SIII with jellybean, I can say I prefer the Z10. They are as fast as each other for the most part. Since that essentially means no lag at all I'm not sure how that's a negative for either. I have no idea where your efficiency statement is coming from but my Z10 is as efficient if not more than my android on jellybean simply based on how I prefer to use it. Enjoy your HTC.
    05-27-13 09:52 AM
    z10

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 09:53 AM
    It was released in mid-September 2012.

Funny how the Apple fanbois always bend their stats/facts in their favour and then go aw shucks when you call them on it.

So quite a bit less than a year as of right now.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 09:53 AM
    Im happy and contented with my Z10 and would expect more to come in the future

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 09:59 AM

Funny how the Apple fanbois always bend their stats/facts in their favour and then go aw shucks when you call them on it.

Posted via CB10
    Bbry fan boys are the same of not worse. We were normal till about 2 years ago then all the normal ones left leaving the extremists.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 10:04 AM

Shi-tty camera, hopeless maps, nil security, no hdmi out, damages so easily, horribly outdated os, built by abused workers in China... but man it sure is the best phone out there!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    The iPhone 5 has a crappy camera? Are you serious? I won't argue the maps point with you since that's based on location. The iphone supports hdmi out. Foxconn hired those workers, not Apple...
    05-27-13 10:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    Dude whatever. I was only making the point that it isn't their phone for this year but whatever you say.
    05-27-13 10:06 AM
    Dude, whatever to you.

It is their phone for this year. It is the ONLY phone they have this year.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 10:10 AM
    Out of the box the Z10 has a better keyboard IMO. But if you download Swiftkey in the Android store it's better than the Z10. The autocorrect is better, you can teach it where you want it to learn your keystrokes from, and has swype built in which works incredibly well now. In surprised no one has bought them and made them an exclusive keyboard for one of the phones out there. It's far and away the best keyboard for a phone. The Z10's is nice but it doesn't hold a candle to Swiftkey.
    Plus one on SwiftKey.
    My dad got the new Q10 and had no idea how to use it. Well, with screen share on BBM I showed him all the basics. Makes it easy for people to support others.

Posted via CB10 via BlackBerry Z10 (Telus)
    Dude, whatever to you.

It is their phone for this year. It is the ONLY phone they have this year.

Posted via CB10
    So they won't release one this year?
    05-27-13 10:11 AM
    The iPhone 5 has a crappy camera? Are you serious? I won't argue the maps point with you since that's based on location. The iphone supports hdmi out. Foxconn hired those workers, not Apple...
    Yeah I'm serious. Go out with both phones and take several side-by-side photos and you'll discover the reality that the Z10 camera ACTUALLY takes better pictures than the iPhone5 about 90% of the time.

Hdmi out on the iPhone5 maxes out at 720p vs 1080p on the Z10 plus the Z10 uses standard micro hdmi cables (10 feet long less than $10) whereas with the iPhone you need a special $40 i-adaptor and it's only about 3 feet long.

And regarding Foxconn, if you think Apple doesn't have a say in how those workers are treated, think again. Apple could have those conditions changed in a minute if they wanted to. But the money they are making on the backs of those unfortunate souls is more important to Apple and it's shareholders and customers. Just keeping it real, man.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 10:13 AM
    Nokia N9/950.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 10:15 AM
    Yeah I'm serious. Go out with both phones and take several side-by-side photos and you'll discover the reality that the Z10 camera ACTUALLY takes better pictures than the iPhone5 about 90% of the time.

And regarding Foxconn, if you think Apple doesn't have a say in how those workers are treated, think again. Apple could have those conditions changed in a minute if they wanted to. But the money they are making on the backs of those unfortunate souls is more important to Apple and it's shareholders and customers. Just keeping it real, man.

Posted via CB10
    The z10 was released how many months after the I iphone? It should have a better camera than the iPhone (both devices take great pictures imo). Do you know how many companies use Foxconn? Why single apple out?
    05-27-13 10:22 AM
    If bbry made phones in China all of a sudden we would be cheering saying we need to compete with the other companies. I frankly don't care who makes my phone. At the moment the rest aren't suffering the random reboots and defective phones so looks like apples children make better phones than bbry superior workforce

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 10:32 AM
    I have a choice (and can afford) to buy any phone I want, any time I want. I recently bought a Z10 and like it so much that I can not even imagine leaving it for another phone. That pretty much tells me that for me, Z10 is the best smartphone available in the market! For you, only you can answer the question?

Posted via Z10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    05-27-13 10:35 AM
    Funny how the quote above is the response when someone says the Z10, but not when someone writes this...

Posted via CB10
    The iPhone 5 camera shi-tty? Not sure where you're getting that info.

I actually thibk Apple Maps is pretty good, but Google Maps is perfect and so is the Garmin App.

Don't need HDMI Out because you can stream wirelessly and mirror your device wirelessly on a TV.

Yes the OS is outdated i will agree with you there.

Who is making the BB phones in Mexico and Hungary? It's not fair practices there either and Apple is hardly the only company using Foxconn.
    05-27-13 11:25 AM
    This is one of those questions that needs at least a 4-D matrix answer, and CB doesn't make this easy to produce on screen.

For business use and if you really want a keyboard, there is really only the Q10, with the 9900 in reserve if you want to wait for legacy feature completeness to come to the Q10.

For business use with a glass keyboard, it depends:
    Apps over functions, iPhone 5
    NFC + SD + HDMI, Z10

For consumer use:
    All round performance S4
    Style and screen more important than overall performance: One

Rich technophobe constant traveller: Vertu

I want to send and receive messages in the bath: Sony.
    05-27-13 11:37 AM
    Q10, Z10, and Q5 are the best three phones available on planet earth today.

Posted via CB10 on a Q10 or a Z10, either way it's golden.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    05-27-13 11:38 AM
    The iPhone 5 camera shi-tty? Not sure where you're getting that info.

I actually thibk Apple Maps is pretty good, but Google Maps is perfect and so is the Garmin App.

Don't need HDMI Out because you can stream wirelessly and mirror your device wirelessly on a TV.

Yes the OS is outdated i will agree with you there.

Who is making the BB phones in Mexico and Hungary? It's not fair practices there either and Apple is hardly the only company using Foxconn.
    While you are right, most of the world's projectors and monitors don't have DLNA, whereas just about all modern ones have either HDMI or DVI with an adaptor. I would need to replace an awful lot of kit to use streaming with an iPhone, and I couldn't use it on customer sites at all. The kludgy HDMI output method is a definite negative.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    05-27-13 11:40 AM
    For me I buy/sell a lot on ebay so if I send an email with just a tracking number or receive one I just click the number and it takes me directly to the tracking site. And the eBay app is almost perfect. And all the DHL ups FedEx USPS Canada post apps are on iPhone 5. And the PayPal app. It's almost impossible for me to do all of the above on my bbry without spending 10 mins what I can do in seconds on the iPhone. That is one reason why for me the iPhone is the best phone. Downloading podcasts directly is another big one for gym time. Calorie counter for major restaurants in one app is another. A detail border buddy app for when I go to the states is also huge for me. All my banking apps. My garage door is also remote and i use an app to confirm its closed and let people in when I'm not home. All of these things are not even possible on my z10. I've always said if bbry can do all that I'd throw my iPhone away. But now with bbm coming to apple I literally have zero reason to be with bbry. I might switch to a q10 for emails as I can't type for **** on a iPhone or z10 especially while driving. Oh boo me all you want we all do it.

Posted via CB10
    I just think that's more of an app issue. And the good part of that is it can be fixed. These apps can all be side loaded as. Bar files probably, although that is irritating. I just shake my head when I think of how powerful and awesome bb10 could be with all the app support. This problem is being addressed however, and developers are offered all the tools and support they need.

Posted via SEGA master system
    05-27-13 12:44 PM
    Why are you even on the blackberry forum if you like iPhone? There are iphone boards

Posted via SEGA master system
    brout likes this.
    05-27-13 12:45 PM
298 ... 23456 ...