The Z10 is really impressive for a brand new os. Needs some tweaking, but pretty impressive out of the gate. iPhone 5 would be my second choice. Android - never as I don't trust google or anyone else whose primary business is to mine my data.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 10:07 PM
    I hate say this but that leaves them all out. I see Apple is actually making some iMac's in the USA instead of China now. So something positive in the right direction.
    Hopefully

Posted via SEGA master system
    05-26-13 11:29 PM
    Every unbiased poll I've read lately has the HTC One as the best.

Best smartphones 2013: The best phones available to buy today - Pocket-lint
    05-27-13 12:14 AM
    Every unbiased poll I've read lately has the HTC One as the best.

Best smartphones 2013: The best phones available to buy today - Pocket-lint
    Your source is clearly flawed...to have the Q10 mentioned at 16 yet no mention of the Z10? It's like they just threw the Q10 on there to show disappointment on the Z. The iphone 4S is on the list yet BlackBerry Z10 isn't?!!! What!!! Is this a one day test of the Z10?

IPHONE 4S

Display :3.5inch screen 640960 resolution at 326 pp
    Approximately 800 MHz dual-core ARM Cortex-A9
    Front Camera : 0.3 mega pixels
    No NFC
    No HDMI port
    No multi taking
    Battery :3.7V, 5.3Wh (1,430mAh)

BB Z10

Display :1,280 x 768 px (0.98 megapixels) 4.2-inch at 356 ppi, 15:9 aspect ratio
    Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus 1.5 GHz dual-core
    Front Camera 2 megapixels, 720p video capture
    1800mAH removable battery
    HDMI port
    NFC capabilities
    True Multi Tasking

Did I mention that the Z is just awesome to use!?

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    PatrickMJS and brout like this.
    05-27-13 12:49 AM
    Yep, had the Z10 and it was a good phone. Just bought a q10 today too. Still doesnt mean they are better than the rest though. I think the best ranking I've seen the z10 at was 12 in the top 20.
    05-27-13 03:40 AM
    How does the keyboard of the HTC One compare to the Z10? Predictive text and auto-correct and stuff?
    HTC One's keyboard is amazing. It's the best on any android device yet. With auto correct and predictive text, both. The spacing between the keys is also ideal and you won't find yourself mistyping much like you would on the Samsung's stock keyboard. Plus, if you're never happy with the stock HTC One keyboard (you will by the way, I find it as good as Blackberry's- it's like a well kept secret) you can always go and install swiftkey which is better than Blackberry or any smartphone keyboard in the world at the moment.
    Rudee66 likes this.
    05-27-13 06:08 AM
    IPhone 5.

Posted via CB10
    agree
    05-27-13 06:13 AM
    The z10 is not an OS, bb10 is the OS.

Posted via CB10
    The question was about the best smartphone.
    05-27-13 06:19 AM
    It really depends on what criteria you are basing this on:

If you are talking Camera, Iphone 5 has the best all-around cam, with the Galaxy S 4 and HTC One taking the second and third places.

If you are talking interface efficiency, BB Z10 takes the crown, with stock Android a close second due to a still unmatched notification system.

Interface beauty is pretty much Windows Phone's domain, but the Z10 has great looks as well...if you are looking for beauty, you can never go wrong with these two....

However, if you are talking overall greatness, Galaxy S 4 is pretty hard to beat...
    05-27-13 06:20 AM
    Probably the S4. I tried it out for a few days. I still prefer the simplicity of BlackBerry 10 on my Z10.

Toronto Maple Leafs Fan BBM Channel C0001D318
    05-27-13 06:22 AM
    To me, this thread is like asking what is the best shoe size.
    05-27-13 06:24 AM
    To me, this thread is like asking what is the best shoe size.
    11, I know because that's the shoe size that is never in stock

Posted via CB10
    Berry_Pink and eddy_berry like this.
    05-27-13 07:19 AM
    IPhone and android are the best dumbphone for sheeple and kids.

Z10 is for grownups who expect more

-my biased opinion.

Posted via CB10 & Z10
    said the guy w/ the beavis & butthead avatar...
    kevinnugent and ppeters914 like this.
    05-27-13 07:51 AM
    This thread should have taken the top 5 smartphones in the market today and had us rank them to see what people feel is the best overall phone.

Just asking what the best phone in the world today, is to much of an open ended question and subjective to multiple possibilities.

1) HTC One (apps and looks like a Z10!)

2) Z10 (because that's what I'm using now and love it.)

3) Samsung S4 (don't know to much about it but it's has to be better then an SG3.)

4) Lucia 920 (only windows phone I know that seems to be the best. )

5) iPhone 5 (last because I hate everything Apple and really, every phone they make looks the same)

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    05-27-13 07:58 AM
    In the world of Android, it seems to be a contest between the HTC One and the Samsung S4. Both are excellent units.

The HTC One has better build quality and the S4 has in some respects better software. Both are excellent devices.
    05-27-13 07:59 AM
    Obviously the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    A bit biased I assume
    05-27-13 08:00 AM
    For me I buy/sell a lot on ebay so if I send an email with just a tracking number or receive one I just click the number and it takes me directly to the tracking site. And the eBay app is almost perfect. And all the DHL ups FedEx USPS Canada post apps are on iPhone 5. And the PayPal app. It's almost impossible for me to do all of the above on my bbry without spending 10 mins what I can do in seconds on the iPhone. That is one reason why for me the iPhone is the best phone. Downloading podcasts directly is another big one for gym time. Calorie counter for major restaurants in one app is another. A detail border buddy app for when I go to the states is also huge for me. All my banking apps. My garage door is also remote and i use an app to confirm its closed and let people in when I'm not home. All of these things are not even possible on my z10. I've always said if bbry can do all that I'd throw my iPhone away. But now with bbm coming to apple I literally have zero reason to be with bbry. I might switch to a q10 for emails as I can't type for **** on a iPhone or z10 especially while driving. Oh boo me all you want we all do it.

Posted via CB10
    What ever works best for you. Enjoy
    05-27-13 08:03 AM
    Hardware: id go for the HTC One (m7) in terms of external design, motorola droid because to me it looks edgy even though its old and jiayu g3s because i own one and its the most robust phone with the biggest battery ive ever used. You can literally knife scratch it, drop it and hammer things with the screen without it breaking

OS: BB10 and Stock Android (Googles version not the skinned touchwiz junk) tied (imo) although i am jealous of blinkfeed, i want it as an scrollable full page widget so i can use it with a custom launcher simultaneously
    05-27-13 08:31 AM
    Well I truly believe smartphones exist because of needing to stay connected. So therefore the bb10 os is the best at it. I carry a ip4s for work and it is so much more difficult to use then the BlackBerry. I can't believe, how even compared to my old 9700, the Apple os is to use for communicating. I really tried to like I phones as I have other apple products but they just don't cut it imho.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 08:40 AM
    T-Pain phone from the 5 o'clock in the morning video.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 08:47 AM
    HTC One's keyboard is amazing. It's the best on any android device yet. With auto correct and predictive text, both. The spacing between the keys is also ideal and you won't find yourself mistyping much like you would on the Samsung's stock keyboard. Plus, if you're never happy with the stock HTC One keyboard (you will by the way, I find it as good as Blackberry's- it's like a well kept secret) you can always go and install swiftkey which is better than Blackberry or any smartphone keyboard in the world at the moment.
    Just want to know, not to challenge! Does HTC One keyboard allow you to do the quick backspace as Z10 does - swipe to left across the keyboard by one finger to cancel one word; by two fingers to cancel two words; by three fingers to cancel three words; by four fingers to cancel whatever you have typed. I ever though of having a HTC One if they are not on Android. HTC One is way better than ugly Samsung for sure. In terms of virtual keyboard currently on the market, I still think Z10 is the best (error free and most efficient) while iPhone keyboard is the worst. I had too much trouble typing accurate words by iPhone keyboard in the last 2 years, sometimes I preferred not to send any email or text because of its keyboard. In terms of screen size, Z10 is perfect; S3/4 are too big; the aspect ratio of iPhone 5 is weird, something like 16:7 (too narrow to view apps or videos); Q10 screen is too square, doesn't work for me. For overall, it is hard to say which phone is the best. For me, Z10 is the best.

Posted via CB10 on my adorable Z10
    05-27-13 08:48 AM
    The next big thing arrived
    05-27-13 08:49 AM
    How does the keyboard of the HTC One compare to the Z10? Predictive text and auto-correct and stuff?
    Out of the box the Z10 has a better keyboard IMO. But if you download Swiftkey in the Android store it's better than the Z10. The autocorrect is better, you can teach it where you want it to learn your keystrokes from, and has swype built in which works incredibly well now. In surprised no one has bought them and made them an exclusive keyboard for one of the phones out there. It's far and away the best keyboard for a phone. The Z10's is nice but it doesn't hold a candle to Swiftkey.
    avt123 and Rudee66 like this.
    05-27-13 08:51 AM
    HTC One

I do not even see how the Z10 is even in this conversation.. Well besides the fact that this is a BlackBerry Focused discussion board... But the fact is the Z10/BB10 still has a long way to go.

There is nothing that the Z10 does faster/more efficient than any 4.x android phone. We can argue the Z10 against the iPhone 5... But with an iOS redesign and new hardware coming.. We should save judgment.

PS... This Tapatalk app redesign is verrrrrry nice... Still a little buggy however.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    05-27-13 09:13 AM
    I say the ones that aren't assembled by sweatshop kids...
    I hate say this but that leaves them all out. I see Apple is actually making some iMac's in the USA instead of China now. So something positive in the right direction.
    Bakron,

You are so wrong. The BlackBerry phones are made in either Mxico or Hungary. Both countries have minimal labour and safety standards versus China which has none. The iPhone workers in China had such poor working and living conditions they started jumping off their dormitory rooftops to kill themselves. Steve Jobs' solution was to get Foxconn to install nets around the buildings and force all the remaining workers to sign contracts agreeing that their final paycheck will be forfeited if they kill themselves. The iPhone5 is still being made there. Go ahead. Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 09:40 AM
298 12345 ...