I have a Z10, iPhone 5, and HTC One. In my unbiased opinion I would say that the HTC One is the best phone OVERALL of the 3. I thought the GS4 was terrible for the few days that I kept it. The HTC One just does everything right and from a complete overall picture it would be my choice as the top phone of 2013 so far.
    05-26-13 01:31 PM
    The Z10 is the best touchscreen phone out there. The Q10 is the best full qwerty phone.

If you want:
    - solid dependable service,
    - durability,
    - good battery life,
    - a great still camera,
    - a great video camera,
    - Skype, WhatsApp, Kindle,
    - games,
    - maps, navigation,
    - excellent bright screen,
    - super effective typing,
    - super smooth hub, flow & multitasking...

I really could go on and on but this is one sweet phone.

Posted via CB10
    1raygin, goku_vegeta and rtang1007 like this.
    05-26-13 01:49 PM
    Mine is best in the world

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 02:21 PM
    I bought the HTC One recently. It's head and shoulders above the others at present. I've had the Z10 and the Samsung phones.
    I have both a Z10 and a One and much prefer the Z... to say its "head and shoulders above the rest" is false... Under regular conditions the browsers, camera and notifications smoke the the One. I only use the one for some of my apps that aren't yet available on the Z but when that catches up the One will be gone. Don't get me wrong the One is a beautiful device but for everyday the Z handles life much better!
    FastLane228 likes this.
    05-26-13 02:47 PM
    HTC and ip5 are by far the most featured and most reliable phones on the market. Yes the ip5 has an old interface but it works and works well. If the screen was larger it would be the best phone still on the market, full featured and few bugs.

Coming up will be Motorola X although I heard it's on hold now because of parts not available, but when it comes the end of this year with Android key lime pie 5.0 it will blow everything out of the water. At least for a few months until the next big phone launches

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 03:25 PM
    The obvious answer, again, is that the phone that suits it's owner/user best is the best phone for that user/owner. For me my Z10 ticks the most boxes on my want/need list so for now it is my pick of the lot.

What is really cool, for BlackBerry users/fans, is that we now have a real live world class BlackBerry smartphone! It must be really good considering all the hate it gets
    FastLane228 likes this.
    05-26-13 03:44 PM
    We must also be intelligent and honest with ourselves and admit there are very few features of the phone that don't have bugs.

Personally I think the movie maker app is the only thing about the phone that works well.. I have a laundry list of bugs from the contacts app to the dialer, calender, remember.. really nothing works all that well compared to BlackBerry legacy or any other phone on the market.

Why do I keep buying blackberry? I have a ton of friends who work there and I like supporting an all north American product, not just one that designed here and built in China

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 03:51 PM
    For me I buy/sell a lot on ebay so if I send an email with just a tracking number or receive one I just click the number and it takes me directly to the tracking site. And the eBay app is almost perfect. And all the DHL ups FedEx USPS Canada post apps are on iPhone 5. And the PayPal app. It's almost impossible for me to do all of the above on my bbry without spending 10 mins what I can do in seconds on the iPhone. That is one reason why for me the iPhone is the best phone. Downloading podcasts directly is another big one for gym time. Calorie counter for major restaurants in one app is another. A detail border buddy app for when I go to the states is also huge for me. All my banking apps. My garage door is also remote and i use an app to confirm its closed and let people in when I'm not home. All of these things are not even possible on my z10. I've always said if bbry can do all that I'd throw my iPhone away. But now with bbm coming to apple I literally have zero reason to be with bbry. I might switch to a q10 for emails as I can't type for **** on a iPhone or z10 especially while driving. Oh boo me all you want we all do it.

Posted via CB10
    zeteo likes this.
    05-26-13 03:59 PM
    Like I said mine is the best as whatever phone you like and desire is the best smartphone for you.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 04:19 PM
    IPhone and android are the best dumbphone for sheeple and kids.

Z10 is for grownups who expect more

-my biased opinion.

Posted via CB10 & Z10
    My z10 does less than my galaxy nexus. Please, this "grown ups use blackberrys" argument is just as bad as "tools not toys".

I love my z10 but your statement is absurd.

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent, Mel25 and litig8or98 like this.
    05-26-13 04:32 PM
    All smartphone have different features that appeal to different people. If there was one perfect device, we wouldn't have four major manufactures making them.

You have to look at the specs and features and pick what is right for you application.
    05-26-13 04:35 PM
    Best smartphone is the one that provides the best value for your money. What you value can be speed, security, reliability, look and feel, availability of needed applications, consistency/uniformity/fluidity/usability, customization/flexibility, potentials or simply fun - some people find installing leaks, search and side loading apps, and discovering new little tricks each day fun.
    05-26-13 04:39 PM
    The smartphone in the world, to me and for me, is the Z10. That's why I own one and can't even think of having anything on the market currently.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 04:44 PM
    [QUOTE=BB30000;8546445]Apple and the iphone 5 are certainly falling behind in staying fresh and shouldn't even be in the top 5 at the moment..yet are always ranked high based on reputation. Good phone, just no longer "the best". I'm sure I'll hear from a few apple users on that one, haha.
    /QUOTE]

I'm not going to classify myself as an apple fanboy; more so, a blackberry fanatic and have been since 2006 and before.

But now, being honest, after using the Z10 I was hugely disappointed and decided to give the Q10/BlackBerry one last shot. Here's my 2 penny bit: Best phone I've used yet.

But OP, we must also remember the iPhone 5 was launched last year for last years conditions. It was the competitor to the S3 and till date I see a lot of people on my fb/and day by day my bbm list still decreasing. The next iPhone, the one that competes with the S4 and HTC One is yet to come; needless to say that it'll probably be miles ahead of the rest, including, the Z10 as apple knows they need something now to make up for the iPhone 4 -> 4S -> 5 blunders due to lack of innovation, which is what that company and most in the smartphone industry really strive on to compete effectively.

The Z10, is in a different league. BlackBerry has decided, unofficially, that no. 3 is where they want to be. Countless delays, and they come up with a mediocre product that effectively poses a slight threat to the current competition's last year's devices.

I'm now on the Q10, and no complaints at all. I love they keyboard, the browser, the battery life and the overall UI. A few more official applications/natives such as instagram would be nice, but till then the android port will do.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    05-26-13 05:28 PM
    I say the ones that aren't assembled by sweatshop kids...

Posted via SEGA master system
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    05-26-13 05:48 PM
    My z10 does less than my galaxy nexus. Please, this "grown ups use blackberrys" argument is just as bad as "tools not toys".

I love my z10 but your statement is absurd.

Posted via CB10
    I couldn't agree more, I love my Z10 but that statement doesn't even make sense. I'd be happy never to hear it again.
    avt123, litig8or98 and FastLane228 like this.
    05-26-13 06:37 PM
    You'll be surprised to know how well the HTC One handles multi-tasking, making it 10x more versatile than the Z10. Go to YouTube and watch a few videos on HTC One's multi-tasking. I own an HTC One now after selling my Z10 and there is just so much I can do with it, unlike the Z10, where I could ONLY multi-task and do nothing else. The One's multi-tasking is similar to Z10's in that all you have to do is double tap the home button and press the active frame you want to go to. If you want to close an active frame, just swipe it up and IT disappears in one beautiful fading animation. This is like a really really 'side' thing on the HTC One. For HTC or android for that matter, they don't make much of an issue out of it, they don't make such a big deal out of it yet they get it so right. BlackBerry on the other hand have centered their entire device on multi-tasking and make it seem like they are doing something SO DIFFERENT AND ADVANCED NO OTHER SMARTPHONE CAN ACCOMPLISH. On the Z10, everything revolves around it. Which makes for one heck of a boring phone, that becomes very lame very fast. On the HTC one, when you don't want to multi-task, you can do other things. You can go customize your homescreen, you have so many homescreens to choose from, see your wallpapers in all their glory, install as many useful and fun apps as you want, experience no lag when opening the phone app, or any app for that matter. The one is a beast when it comes to opening stuff up. I'll tell you fast it is: sometimes it feels an app opens up before you even tap it. Blackberry is in comparison is SO DRY. SO DRY. The phone itself looks so old. The design I mean. Looks so mid-2000's. Plus the bugs! Oh the bugs! The reboots! Oh my how I wanted to love QNX. But BlackBerry did it a big disservice. You don't want QNX to reboot, EVER.
    05-26-13 06:59 PM
    My Z10 is the best smartphone in the world to me.
    05-26-13 07:11 PM
    You'll be surprised to know how well the HTC One handles multi-tasking, making it 10x more versatile than the Z10. Go to YouTube and watch a few videos on HTC One's multi-tasking. I own an HTC One now after selling my Z10 and there is just so much I can do with it, unlike the Z10, where I could ONLY multi-task and do nothing else. The One's multi-tasking is similar to Z10's in that all you have to do is double tap the home button and press the active frame you want to go to. If you want to close an active frame, just swipe it up and IT disappears in one beautiful fading animation. This is like a really really 'side' thing on the HTC One. For HTC or android for that matter, they don't make much of an issue out of it, they don't make such a big deal out of it yet they get it so right. BlackBerry on the other hand have centered their entire device on multi-tasking and make it seem like they are doing something SO DIFFERENT AND ADVANCED NO OTHER SMARTPHONE CAN ACCOMPLISH. On the Z10, everything revolves around it. Which makes for one heck of a boring phone, that becomes very lame very fast. On the HTC one, when you don't want to multi-task, you can do other things. You can go customize your homescreen, you have so many homescreens to choose from, see your wallpapers in all their glory, install as many useful and fun apps as you want, experience no lag when opening the phone app, or any app for that matter. The one is a beast when it comes to opening stuff up. I'll tell you fast it is: sometimes it feels an app opens up before you even tap it. Blackberry is in comparison is SO DRY. SO DRY. The phone itself looks so old. The design I mean. Looks so mid-2000's. Plus the bugs! Oh the bugs! The reboots! Oh my how I wanted to love QNX. But BlackBerry did it a big disservice. You don't want QNX to reboot, EVER.
    How does the keyboard of the HTC One compare to the Z10? Predictive text and auto-correct and stuff?
    05-26-13 08:05 PM
    I say the ones that aren't assembled by sweatshop kids...

Posted via SEGA master system
    I hate say this but that leaves them all out. I see Apple is actually making some iMac's in the USA instead of China now. So something positive in the right direction.
    05-26-13 08:26 PM
    I am the best smartphone in the market today.
    05-26-13 08:30 PM
    all the DHL ups FedEx USPS Canada post apps are on iPhone 5
    i dont have a z10 so im not sure if the port will work at all/work well but as a fellow ebayer (on android) i rely on package buddy heavily,it has like 100 couriers and postal services, ability to set favourite/most used services to choose faster, you can scan barcodes on your package to automatically fill out the tracking number and receive notifications on package location, a map with the location and the websites tracking page all within the app. i know its not everything you need as i hear the ebay app is awful and a battery drain but itll at least ease the lack of postal service apps
    05-26-13 08:37 PM
    I hate say this but that leaves them all out. I see Apple is actually making some iMac's in the USA instead of China now. So something positive in the right direction.
    They plan to expand this to a few different devices. Smart as the yuppies will pay premium for a usa stamp.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 09:20 PM
    My vote is iPhone 5. By far.
    taz323 likes this.
    05-26-13 09:21 PM
    The fact that the iPhone 5 is mentioned in this thread says a lot for Apple. It's a year old phone. We'll see what Apple does with the 5S and iOS7. It could be an interesting few months ahead in the mobile marketplace.
    05-26-13 09:55 PM
298 1234 ...